Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhunter117 View Post
    Any updates? It just that you said monday and I'm very impatient
    Makes two of us! I'm wearing out my F5 button, hah. ^^,

@Stormhunter and @SoulFear : lol, yes guys I know the update is getting a bit delayed. We are working on implementing some new features and those are the ones that are taking some time. Me and Exxed will be pulling a couple of all nighters during the weekend to hopefully complete this update by Monday.

Sorry for the delay.
    DP-Prodigy

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-21), SoulFear (2011-01-21), Stormhunter117 (2011-01-21)

I cant wait for the update- but take your time. If it means more features for us Id be more than glad to wait a little longer (:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    @Stormhunter and @SoulFear : lol, yes guys I know the update is getting a bit delayed. We are working on implementing some new features and those are the ones that are taking some time. Me and Exxed will be pulling a couple of all nighters during the weekend to hopefully complete this update by Monday.

Sorry for the delay.
    DP-Prodigy
    Don't be sorry! ;D You guys are doing an awesome job and I'm sure the new updates that'll be implemented will rock as always
    *Crosses fingers for "multitouch-arcs"*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoulFear For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-22)

@SnowLeo & @SoulFear : Thanks Guys, things are going pretty well and we are really hopeful to push this update out by Monday .

@Stormhunter : Just finished patching up your request so cheers , Saved Pages can now be integrated with bookmarks if you want to [ turn it on via settings ]. Some amazing things coming up guys but won't talk about it till we push an update out.

As it is, a developer has already mimic-ed our arcs and are calling it their own.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SoulFear (2011-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    @SnowLeo & @SoulFear : Thanks Guys, things are going pretty well and we are really hopeful to push this update out by Monday .

@Stormhunter : Just finished patching up your request so cheers , Saved Pages can now be integrated with bookmarks if you want to [ turn it on via settings ]. Some amazing things coming up guys but won't talk about it till we push an update out.

As it is, a developer has already mimic-ed our arcs and are calling it their own.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    kando jasto muji

Will I still get a preview version once you submitt this to the app store?

Suggestions:
    -ability to password protect the app
    -adblock (separate from popup block)
    -ability to rotate a picture that your viewing on the screen simply by twisting your fingers clockwise or counterclockwise like on ipod touch
    -find definition/look up on wikipedia highlighted word
    -inapp facebook and twitter integration (more than just update status)
    -inapp free texting and VOIP client with ability to make google voice calls just but click a number- ie. When clicking number give ability to make call w/ phone app, google voice app, or bulit in VOIP client
    -pull down to refresh page.
    -another full screen mode where there is absolutely no hud but it appears when you hold your finger on the screen then drag near the toolbar and it pops up by the time you get to it kind of like hoving a mouse.
    -Another full screen mode with transparent UI and ability to easily toggle between the 3 fullscreen modes
    -ability to set up multitouch gestures to activate individual plugins
    -ability to turn off the current plugin via a multitouch gesture
    -if multitouch gesture fails the phone vibrates/makes sound and possible shows a tuturial that displays the multitouch gestures the USER picked
    -ability to open downloaded folders after they are unzipped then save any images inside to the camera roll. Save music and videos to ipod (if apple allows).
    -open in support for downloaded files if another app can open it- ie. A pdf it will let you open with ibooks or a pdf reader.
    -ability to save a number clicked on to contacts when you click on it (another option in the menu I talked about w/ open via phone, google voice, bulit in voip.). Possibly even open in support for the phone numbers.
    -open in support as one of the options when holding down on a link if for some reason you wanted to open it in safari or another browser
    -did I mention air print support yet? How about also addition inapp print support or support for other print apps that use air print but actually work with most printers.
    -in app gallery to view pictures from camera roll w/o leaving app and full VOIP style access to phone contacts to call using built in VOIP.
    -take videos/pictures from within the app using a camera button in bottom bar and ability to edit pictures and videos from within the app then share using integrated social media features (important to add).
    -built in web app manager that allows you to access te web apps then save them as icons in an accessable page that is very much like the iphone springboard with the icons layed out which can be accessed via button or plugin.
    -game center, openfeint, and plus+ support to view achievements, friends, and add/ contact them and see high scores and share via social media built in features.
    -ios 4.3 airplay support. If possible make for more than just videos so the entire app can use airplay and I can use a (nonjailbreak) web browser on my apple tv.
    -Any progress or anything on that home page idea I had with weather and clock browser "widgets" as well as an rss reader which you can choose rss feeds.
    -some cool animations like page turning effect when going backward and forward.
    -built in todo/checklist manager with built in calwndar that integrates with google/mobile me calendars

I really see this app as the "one app to rule them all" and I think that if you are able to greatly integrate social media in the browser as given in my suggestions and are able to create an app environment that has the suggestions I gave like all of those built in elements I would never need to go outside of your app to do common many task again. I really hate having to open so many different apps to do common tasks with or without apples sucky multitasking. All these features I listed basically all exist in some form in the app store in many different apps but if you can get them all in one place much like it is in google chrome desktop browser for me because I use the chrome web store with all the chrome apps including voip, notes, and social media apps and clients that I got from the chrome web store. I will never go back to using another browser again because of the chrome web store and I definitely see all of these features within the realm of possibility as long as you keep an intuitive interface and easy accessbility to your endless features as you already do. I have the mac app store but when I have google chrome open I often times just find it more convient to use the chrome apps rather than opening individual mac apps like twitter and evernote instead choosing a chrome twitter client and chrome web store notes app.

You guys have what it takes to make this the ultimate app from social media to productivity to photography to utilities and even gaming media all within a browser to become #1 app in the app store and kill angry birds with a browser.

Oh and if many of the offline featues I mentioned like notes could be done either online via cloud based apps to make them faster and more integratable like google apps but also work offline thatd be awesome.
    -oh and ability to access and use google web apps like google docs if possible.

I know, Im crazy and my suggestions keep getting more rediculous and near impossible but I know you guys have what it takes to beat angry birds and my new suggestions detail exactly how.

Oh and ability to take screenshot of part of the screen (with like the box withe the circles in the corners to stretch/shrink the area you want to take a screenshot like resizing a picture in keynote app for ipad or microsoft office.
    -inapp video screenshot?
    -user/developer submitted themes and plugins.
    -dashboard like widgets where you click an icon and widgets appear on top of everything but the background is darkened but then you can exist the widget dashboard by clicking anywhere that isnt a widget.
    -ability to resume app after clsing the the same plugins running, the same spot in the page, on the same tab, in the same fullscreen/normal mode.
    -possibly make a sidebar for the voip, camera/video editing and capture, faceboom and twitter, notes, ect. bulit in things I detailed with individual icons for each and activation for the sidebar either from pressing a small arrow button permanantly on the left side to open it, through multitouch gesture, or through an icon to show sidebar when you press the settings icon like how the arcs are activated. Or you can just have stuff in another arc thats called like media.

-changable/optional sounds when any element of the browser UI is hit and custom sound when arc is brought up, button is hit, ect.
    -notification badges within the app for notes, weather, ect.

-parental controls for elements within the browser in the settings app
    -open in support for locations for maps, navigation app, built in maps
    -voice to text search, voice to text in other elements such as voice notes, voice commands like call "#", update social media status through voice to text, use voice commands like "go back" or "refresh".
    -button to allow drawing to activate things such as drawing a back arrow will take you back. And touch input option for built in notes

Did I ever mention adjusting brightness and volume from within app?

Ability to acces music library and choose song to play while browsing/ect within app like in games.

-set intervals for automatic page refresh within each tab
    -ability to examine and end processes within the app and see how much ram/battery each process is doing. Free memory option built in too if apple allows. Also view other information like wifi/3g detailed signal strength and other wifi networks in the area- maybe even at&t vs. Verizon coverage in area but Im sure at&t would get pissed over that.

-did I ever mention changing the font?

-view xbox, ps3, and wii achievements/gamerscore and friends within the game media button that contains openfient, plus+, and gamercenter.
    -did I ever mention ultimate fullscreen mode that disables every element of the app and all the UI and can be toggled through multitouch gesture for true fullscreen mode with no interuptions.

Hows thw ipad version coming along by the way?

-free version with iAds

-are you still woeking on implementing history flow?
    -if you decide to add all my awesome suggestions perhaps a setting to just put it on light mode where it only has the same basic functions as safari but runs super fast

-bar code scanner built in and google goggles like thing that looks up stuff on the internet that you took a picture of.

-oh and syncing between notes apps, web, all desktop browsers, and many more things to sync all the awesome stuff inclusing mobile me sync and google sync and custom 360 cloud storage to store doenloads like mobile me idisk.
    -Id probably pay between $200-$500 for this app with all these features lol.
    -I would suggest going public with your company if you can add all this. I will invest large sums of money.
    -you might just want to consider creating your own operating system, your own smartphone and tablet if you can add all these features, maybe even world domination.

But in all seriousness, I just like to give you a challenge a long list of suggestions because I see the potential of this app and your abilities and customer service and want to challenge you to rise to the top and create an application even more unique and creative than it already is. It is only when people try to do the impossible that results in greatness, invention, and extreme innovation.
    Oh and if you can hit the thanks button Id appreciate it. I honestly dont even know what inspires me to think of all this crazy stuff but I never saw the need or reason to put so much effort in coming up with ideas like this for any other app or developer because their customer service does not compare and they never listen.

I have submitted a great number of suggestions once to appbox pro but they never added a single feature I suggested even though they responded saying they would. Ive suggested many unique ideas to theme creators here and sometimes they added features I said but usually Id just have to make my own mods to get that stuff but its cool because I enjoy modding.
    And I obviously dont expect every or almost any of these suggestions to be fulfilled but consider it a challenge as well as a resource. Feel free to take certain elements and ideas from my suggestions or perhaps implement things in a much smaller extent and you dont have to take the time to explain whether youll add or give info about each suggestion like you normally do but I really appreciate how take the time to do that. (:
    Did I ever mention I was your #1 fan?

There is one way you can thank me for these suggestions:
    Please get as many people as possible to vote for my older brothers startup company, uBlanket in this competition: Vator.tv - Vator Splash Competition (Feb 2011)
    Voting ends monday at 11 am. Please vote for uBlanket before then.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-01-22 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-25), SoulFear (2011-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Suggestions:
    -ability to rotate a picture that your viewing on the screen simply by twisting your fingers clockwise or counterclockwise like on ipod touch
    -find definition/look up on wikipedia highlighted word
    -inapp facebook and twitter integration (more than just update status)
    I like this alot.

Facebook and Twitter integration through the use of a sidebar sounds good to me.
    Maybe by swiping to the right and holding for a second or so to reveal the sidebar? (I've posted a suggestion earlier for this where I brought up a similar feature used in the Dolphin browser for android).

You could have a tab/button for Facebook and one for Twitter, loading up peoples latest tweets/updates.

Maybe get some inspiration from the Ubersocial app (see attachment).

Instead of "entertainers" etc on the top, you could switch between Facebook, Twitter and so on.

Pressing the bottom right corner (where the curled page thingy is) would bring you back to the page you were on before opening the sidebar.

SnowLeo; Maybe we're getting carried away here? Hehehe. Man I love this browser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0004.png  

Can i say that these are a lot of suggestions , voted for uBlanket... we are your no.1 fans too you know.

Will go through all of them on Monday, the day SnowLeo and StormHunter gets a beta release.

@SoulFear: Since we miss Quaddy , would you like to be a Beta Tester... if so then send me a pm with your UUID and your email.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

Ohhh and btw,
    Do any of our beta-testers are up for creating a video review of 360 web browser for $50. We want a walk-through done by the users for the users of 360 to make them understand the flow and all the functions of 360 Browser.

Let me know . You guys will of course have to review 2.1.
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2011-01-23 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-23), SoulFear (2011-01-23), Stormhunter117 (2011-01-24)

A video tutorial/review? Can do.

@Snowleo: If we could add music to the library It would very quickly make iTunes obsolete. All of the pirated music would soon kill any sort of income that Apple would make and as such is 360 instant kill.

Waiting for beta!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-24)

@Snowleo: If we could add music to the library It would very quickly make iTunes obsolete. All of the pirated music would soon kill any sort of income that Apple would make and as such is 360 instant kill.

Waiting for beta!
    Because theres no appstore and cydia apps and many other places as well as frostwire, torrents, google and a million and 1 ways to pirate, stream, or buy songs cheaper than itunes? Lol but maybe if all these features I listed are added this app will become popular enough to hurt itunes? Well looks like pandora radio is the new competition for 360 browser lol (:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-24)

Waiting for beta!
    Great, We will put this video on whats new page of 360 so that everybody could see the tutorial from version 2.1. PM me your paypal details once you are done with the video.... Thanks StormHunter. Use an iPhone 4 if you can.

Well, you read our minds... almost , 360 Browser now has a Media Player . Just compiling yours, SnowLeo's and SoulFear's Beta Build... will not take more than a couple of hours or so.

@Snowleo : will be going through your feature list after this but looking at them.
    p.s. : some of them have already been incorporated in version 2.1 .

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

‎360 Web Browser gets its own Media Player, Background Downloading in V 2.1. The update has been pushed for Apple's Approval.

Key features Include :

✔ Media Player
    ✔ Background Downloading
    ✔ Background Music Support
    ✔ Crash-Restore [ Restore your open tabs incase of crash ]
    ✔ File Manager supports ZIPPING Folders
    ✔ File Manager supports Inter-app exchange [ Open in external applications like iBooks or Good Reader ]
    ✔ Basic Authentication Support + Store Password
    ✔ Invalid Certificates Support + Store Exception
    ✔ Saved Pages can be Integrated with Bookmarks [ Off by Default ]
    ✔ Two Paid Themes are now Free [ Bling & Blush ]
    ✔ Search Bar can now be cleared on Focus [ Off by Default ]
    ✔ Searches can be made automatically [ Off by Default ]
    ✔ Address Bar can now be cleared on Focus [ Off by Default ]
    ✔ URLs can be loaded automatically [ Off by Default ]
    ✔ Bookmarklet support to open page in 360 Browser from Safari
    ✔ OPTIMIZED Searching for improved Performance
    ✔ FIXED Issue that was effecting some users from accessing AJAX Sites
    ✔ FIXED Firefox Sync issue caused when RSS type bookmarks were imported to 360 Bookmarks

iTunes URL : 360 Web Browser | Download Manager and Firefox Sync for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2011-01-25 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-25), SoulFear (2011-01-25)

^Awesome new features. Glad to hear its some of the things I suggested.

Still slightly disappointed that theres no chrome/safari sync yet ): but still awesome! Keep up the great work.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-25)

@SnowLeo : Really really impressed... really like the part where you talk about world domination . We are here because of you guys and we cannot thank you enough for it.

p.s : I am still gonna reply to everyone of your suggestions and thats the first thing in my To-Do List for tomm.

Many Thanks,
    DP-Prodigy

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-25)

Sick dude. I can't wait to see how this will run on an iphone 4 or 5 as it's a little laggy on my 2nd gen touch.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-25)

Just tried out the new version you sent me and Im a little confused about the media player:

So you can only access it via multitouch gesture? (not that this bothers me personally)

I honestly just couldnt get it to work. Not sure whats up with ita maybe itll only work once its in the app store? Also graphics in the media player look sexy but are a little blurry on my 3GS.

Havent even been using it 10 minutes yet on the new version and cant wait to try out all the other new features esepcially the download manager enhancements.

You guys are truly increidble- I always thought download manager was the one super awesome feature that this app was lacking in 1.x versions and now with the version you put so much emphasis on the download manager and ended up making it far better and far more feature rich and easy to use than I couldve ever imagined. The standalone Donload Manager app in the app store thats been out for over a year and top ranking in productivity doesnt compare to the functionality of the download manager in this app.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-25)

Hey snowleo, Thanks... yes, the graphic bundle is getting worked out and will be updated for 3gs to solve the blurry image issue... basically we made 30px image and the button is of 40px so that's what might be causing an issue. Will be corrected before Apple approves us .

You can also access media player from Downloads -] Media Player. Its the play button between downloads and file manager.

Ofcourse to play media files, they should be present in the downloads or their subsequent folders. You can either long tap on a media file/folder and add the files or can goto media player and tap on add icon to have it present all the files which can be added. Once added, either hit play or select a media file to begin playing. Thats all .

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2011-01-25)

Ohh its just to play downloaded music! I thought the media player was to be able to acces ipod music in the app which was one of my suggestions. Great addition to the download manager though and glad your going to solve the blurry issue.

I assume apple would reject an "add to ipod" option in the media player?

I would love to see "open in BACKGROUND tab" in addition to "open in New Tab" when pressing and holding a link. Would this be possible to get?

Talking about tabs, how about "tab-stacking / Groups"?
    See the picture in my attachment to see what I'm on about..
    (PS, my paint-skills kicks *** *coughs* >.< )

Keep up the good work guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tabstack.png  

34. The Following User Says Thank You to SoulFear For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (2011-01-26)

Hey SoulFear,
    Open in background tab already exists... It's the u-arrow besides open in new tab

The tab stacking idea is great and we are going to see how to implement it as soon as we are out with an iPad version...

@Snowleo : Compiling your answers buddy

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SoulFear (2011-01-26)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast