Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to launch Contacts/Addressbook?

Default App to launch Contacts/Addressbook?
    I've searched for this a while, so I suspect the answer is NO!, but has anyone figured out a way to place an "Addressbook" icon on the Springboard so we don't have to go into the Phone applications to look up an address or other contact information?

Seems like this would be a very popular addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius View Post
    I've searched for this a while, so I suspect the answer is NO!, but has anyone figured out a way to place an "Addressbook" icon on the Springboard so we don't have to go into the Phone applications to look up an address or other contact information?

Seems like this would be a very popular addition.
    Go to this link:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737

Scroll half way down the page and follow the instructions.

I now have a working Contacts Icon on my Dock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jinthec For This Useful Post:

hat (2007-10-28)

Thanks for finding that for me!

I did followed the instructions (correctly, I think), but the App doesn't show on on my homepage. I can see it using Finder (or Squid) and I set all the permissions to "exec". When I launch it from there, it get black screen briefly then it jumps back to the homescreen.

Two questions:
    [1] do you replace everything in the plist file with the next provided in that post

[2] How 'bout posting your Contacts.app in the downloads area. Probably every iPhone owner on this site would love a Contacts button. You'd be very popular and have many, many fans...

(I make this request even though I'm more than willing to continue to play with the "app" I just created....)

Thanks!

Thanks

Good request, I would like to see this or maybe a link to my favorite contacts.

Guess it's a moot point now until a new version of App Tapp comes out (if ever...)

Ya know I would put Contacts.app up but I am not convinced that it is a good option, I am finding that ever since I installed it, my phone app is buggy. For instance I click on the phone app icon and go to voicemail, and suddenly I am sent back to the springboard and I have to go back to my phone icon and go to voicemail again. I never try to do that through the Contacts icon although I can, I just wanted it for Contacts. I would say this app is still in beta testing land. But to answer you question about the plist, I replaced everything in the plist with the xml data you saw. I invite you to do it and try it out, and repost if you find any bugs. Thanks.