Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notified .... Save Push Notifications

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Notified .... Save Push Notifications
    This just appeared on Cydia. A great idea. Something I've wanted for a long time. But I can't test it on iPhone 3.1.2. It crashes on open. The Info.plist indicates minimum version OS 4.0 and iPhone 4 platform. Manually changing this does not help.

Anyone tried this out? I hope they make a 3.x version

For more info, Notified
    Twitter: @NotifiedApp

Indeed, completely broken. FFS people, please TEST your releases before sending them to the repo - if not you're wasting everyone's time, including yours since you then have to rush out a fix a few days later.

I know a lot of people here hate that way of doing things, but I really repos like MMi should run a quick test of apps that get submitted, and immediately reject any that crash on startup.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 2010-07-30 at 05:56 AM.

Hmm, it works fine for me. Besides it showing that it needs an upgrade on cydia constantly. The app itself is working very nicely and I can't wait for the pro version to come out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterofMen View Post
    Hmm, it works fine for me. Besides it showing that it needs an upgrade on cydia constantly. The app itself is working very nicely and I can't wait for the pro version to come out.
    Details please? What FW version & iDevice? Review?

Yea, the constant Cydia update showed as well. Updating it did nothing
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-07-30 at 06:37 AM.

I'm on iOS 4 on a 3Gs. The app just shows a history of your notifications (Facebook, low battery, etc.) It doesn't add status bar icons but you can use activator to make it show when you pull the status bar. After you're in the app, you can double tap a notification and it shows a small menu and you can select Open, Bookmark, or Delete. It doesn't have mail notifications in this release though.
    ---------------------------
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    iPod Touch 4G 32 GB

It crashed my 3GS, Cydia no longer works (crash on load) and SSH doesn't work always. Anyone know how to fix this beside restoring? I just need Cydia to load and I ca unstall, as SSH and removing Notified.app doesn't help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^DusyReron

Use MobileTerminal (as roon (aka: su root)) to remove Notified:

dpkg -r net.epelaez.notified

If that doesn't work, try using DiskAid or iPhoneBrowser to get in and move/delete anything named Notified from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Should have a dynlib and a plist.

UPDATE: Notified 1.1 is available on Cydia. Working on iPhone 3GS 3.1.2.
    It does what it was designed to do. Thanks. Not sure if I care about the Pro (Activator) version, but I do like supporting out great developers.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-07-31 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Update for 3.x version

Installed it on a 2G with 3.1.3 it runs but does not do anything.

what is it it should do - don't understand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^tosbsas

It saves your pop-up Notifications.
    Notifications: Push, Calendar, Low Battery, etc

Basic (free) version works great

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just installed Notified, but i don't quite get it. Looking at the screenshots here (from AppAdvice) it looks like we can drag the notification window down from the statusbar and so on:

When i'm trying to set a custom activation method in the Activator menu, it will only open the main app, and not like in the screenshot above. Any idea?

They just posted Notified Pro a few hours ago. It's a paid version, but allows it to slide down like in the screenshot. Works great, there are a couple minor bugs, but I think they devs are planning to work out the kinks quickly.

http://wiki.notifiedapp.com
    Notified App (NotifiedApp) on Twitter

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Will For This Useful Post:

BazookaAce (2010-08-05)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Aha! Then i'll take a look at the pro version Thanks

Yeah the Pro version also does open the main app...WTF with this app?

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    Yeah the Pro version also does open the main app...WTF with this app?
    You must have installed the wrong version. Did you go into Activator and setup an action to open Notified?

Also, an update was just released.

Notified App (NotifiedApp) on Twitter

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sure -- the Pro uses Activator to open the primary Notified app. That is main difference between the free and Pro versions.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-08-06 at 12:55 AM.

I'm having the same issue. Extremely irritating not getting an actual pull down android-style.

Everything works fine for me using the pro version, until I install 'backgrounder' then when I use the drop down list my device freezes! So I remove background and its working again like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by thisiskyleadams View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Extremely irritating not getting an actual pull down android-style.
    1. Uninstall Notified and install Notified Pro

2. Go into Settings -> Activator and set the "Swipe down from status bar" to open Notifed (pick Notified from the top of the list, not the app icon near the bottom of the list)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For me, the Pro Version (1.2) does not dismiss the status icon (!). I reverted back to the free one, set activator to launch it with a left swipe -- works perfectly, almost as good as the Pro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast