Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iOS 4] Notifier/StatusNotifier Fix

a_username....how's the progress going? anyone else with iOS4 and does NOT have push notifications on for anything get intelliscreen working with repeated alerts?

not sure if it's just an issue with a_username or if this happens to everyone. thanks

Thanks

Same here!Unreliable audio alerts on my iphone 4.
    Notifier was always spot on!
    There is a big gap in the market for a reliable missed call,sms etc. audio alert app for ios4 iphone 4!Jono.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1jono For This Useful Post:

davez (2010-08-25), kevrex (2010-09-19)

Just to summarize:
    - I disables Settings -> Notifications (set to off)
    - I disabled Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data (set to off+manually)
    - I set every mail account under
    Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data -> Advanced
    to "Manual"
    - NO other Apps or Ipod running in the background

So my phone does not do anything but wait for calls while in locked state.

I still canīt get the IntelliAlerts to work.

Allmost all the time the IntellAlerts (Calendar/Calls, Interval 5 Minutes, 6 Hours duration) only start when i press the home or lock button and the lockscreen shows up.

My conclusion was that on iOS4 IntelliScreen has NO working own Timer-function working.
    It relies on other apps "refreshing" something else so IntelliScreen can check the same moment if there is an alert which has to start.

So, sorry, no good news. :-(
    Last edited by a username; 2010-08-15 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a username View Post
    Just to summarize:
    - I disables Settings -> Notifications (set to off)
    - I disabled Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data (set to off+manually)
    - I set every mail account under
    Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data -> Advanced
    to "Manual"
    - NO other Apps or Ipod running in the background

So my phone does not do anything but wait for calls while in locked state.

I still canīt get the IntelliAlerts to work.

Allmost all the time the IntellAlerts (Calendar/Calls, Interval 5 Minutes, 6 Hours duration) only start when i press the home or lock button and the lockscreen shows up.

My conclusion was that on iOS4 IntelliScreen has NO working own Timer-function working.
    It relies on other apps "refreshing" something else so IntelliScreen can check the same moment if there is an alert which has to start.

So, sorry, no good news. :-(
    aren't you suppose to set notifications to on? have you tried that? im sure you have, just a shot in the dark

I tried that - makes no difference. :-(

can anyone else confirm the same with a_username? iPhone 4 running iOS4 with NO PUSH on any apps?

Just trying to figure out if it's a general problem across all users of this nature (which i have a feeling it is) or isolated to just a_username.

thanks

I only can test on one device at the moment but i can tell you that i started with a clean iOS 4.0.2 install (no restore!) and have only small apps (like Cyntacts) installed, no big apps, no winterboard or anything similar. No other lockscreen/timer/push/todo apps.

I think some people will think they donīt have this problem because something else in the background is checking something else from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by a username View Post
    I only can test on one device at the moment but i can tell you that i started with a clean iOS 4.0.2 install (no restore!) and have only small apps (like Cyntacts) installed, no big apps, no winterboard or anything similar. No other lockscreen/timer/push/todo apps.

I think some people will think they donīt have this problem because something else in the background is checking something else from time to time.
    Look, I have the same problem as you but it is alleviated by setting other notifications on. Your best bet is to email Itelliborn the problem(like I did) and in the mean time download an app like 'Where' from the app store and turn both notifications on(alerts, badges). It probably won't alert you of anything because you won't set anything up to alert. Try this and sit tight for Intelliborn to make a move.

so I have been reading everyones posts and in my "trial" period of inteliscreen its been "working"

if an email comes in , I hear the new message tone , then 5 minutes later I hear inteliscreen alert me and it continues to alert me every 5 minutes for my 30 minute setting?

I have 2 email accounts, yahoo push and a pop3 set to manual.

I have nothing else running.

so far it "seems" to work.

as I really want this features looks like I will put my 10 bucks down.

What I liked most about Notifier was the mail icon on the lock screen when there were unread messages - one tap and I'm in my Inbox. That doesn't seem to be working now. I'm trying Intelliscreen but I don't like it as much. Open to suggestions if anyone has any.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow I never knew that you could cick on the mail icon in the status bar and have it take you directly to your inbox?

Are you sure that was a feature in Notifier and not StatusNotifier or some other program?

No, you could click on a mail icon that showed up in the middle of the lockscreen - that would take you right to your Inbox. And yes, it was definitely part of Notifier.

I'll revise my previous comment though - I might actually be happy with Intelliscreen. It gives you the summary and then takes you to your message with one tap. This could be even better.

Be nice if I could get that silent icon back in the status bar though - that's the only other thing (in this topic) that I'm missing. Don't get me started about other apps.... (Auto Silent, anyone?)

Can anybody get the silent icon working?

this is great! i missed my icons so much. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    [LIST][*]the "silent" icon will stick either on or off depending on how the switch was set on respring
    Hi

I had a look but I cannot find if it's fix or not, from the above message looks like it should be.

I Installed the Cydia package as on 1st post but my Silent Icon is not working, I configure WinterBoard to have no Themes at all enable, I only have the iOS4 StatusNotifier enable.

Checking in Cydia seen I also had intellistatusbaricons install so removed it but still the same no Silent icon

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    UPDATE: phoenix3200 released his own library for status bar notifications, so Intelliborn has since taken theirs off of Cydia. I have submitted version 1.1 of the fix so that it will now depend on his library and conflict with Intelliborn's.
    Or is my issue related to the update above?

Thanks in advance

Same to me,when i touch work interval, the app will jump out to springboard.
    Any solution?

The fact that Spektro refuses to update this profoundly useful tweak that I have grown to rely on for the past 2 years really sucks bigtime!! I guess all I can do is not buy iBlacklist... If I have to live without Notifier, I guess I can live without iBlacklist too.

If I only had the skills to rewrite this tweak for 4.0+... Considering all the people that have iPhones now, and more people jailbreaking than ever before, I'd sell it for about 3 bucks per user and RETIRE in 2 or 3 months!!

Nearly 218,000 people have downloaded Notifier from Cydia alone... at $3 a pop, that's $654,000... I could EASILY live the rest of my life on that!!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    The fact that Spektro refuses to update this profoundly useful tweak that I have grown to rely on for the past 2 years really sucks bigtime!! I guess all I can do is not buy iBlacklist... If I have to live without Notifier, I guess I can live without iBlacklist too.

If I only had the skills to rewrite this tweak for 4.0+... Considering all the people that have iPhones now, and more people jailbreaking than ever before, I'd sell it for about 3 bucks per user and RETIRE in 2 or 3 months!!

Nearly 218,000 people have downloaded Notifier from Cydia alone... at $3 a pop, that's $654,000... I could EASILY live the rest of my life on that!!!
    maybe if your 50 and dont have a mortgage payment and have no kids.

or just invest it incredibly wisely.

I couldn't live on it for the rest of my life.

but yeah i wish i had this app working too.

I couldnt live on that either (less than 10k a year) but still it would give him some money.

I am still trying to find alternatives. I need the repeating alerts. Intelliscreen is useless and has too much bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    I couldnt live on that either (less than 10k a year) but still it would give him some money.

I am still trying to find alternatives. I need the repeating alerts. Intelliscreen is useless and has too much bulk.
    agreed.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast