Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iOS 4] Notifier/StatusNotifier Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
    Even the sound reminders(missed call/sms/email)?
    Don't use the sound, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post

n00neimp0rtant,

Do you know where I can get those icons from the Status Bar? or, Can you share?
    Last edited by rubenmer5; 2010-08-05 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Will there be an update for HD icons on the iPhone 4?
    ---------------------------
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    iPod Touch 4G 32 GB

so i contacted the developer of Notifier to see if he was updating his package for iPhone 4 and he says it's a dead package. so yes, anyone waiting patiently (like me) hoping for a refresh of this nifty little app should give up hope....which stinks. so any smart fellas who can do iphone dev...if you want to pick up this package or create a new one with similar functionality, by all means, go for it. me and A LOT of other people who be greatly appreciative

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer For This Useful Post:

a username (2010-08-07), kevrex (2010-09-19)

That's not what I wanted to hear...

Damn!! You contacted Spektro, right?

Itīs the only app of itīs kind (simple infinite reminder repeats) and it was so slim and light. That sucks big time.

Did he say why he does not want to support it anymore?

I think we could raise some more bucks for him.
    I would be willing to donate at least 20$, who else?

PLEASE SPEKTRO, DONT LET Notifier die or at least make it a paid app. :-(
    Last edited by a username; 2010-08-07 at 02:22 AM.

I'll gladly donate $20.

I would gladly pay $10 for this app if I had to. I can't live w/out audio notifications and may have to downgrade back to 3.1.2 which I really don't want to do. I like the new folders in 4.0.

Maybe someone could talk him into open sourcing it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm willing to pay for it also.

yep...spektro is the one i contacted

i pointed him to this forum thread to show him the heavy interest in a refresh of the app for iOS 4.

his response verbatim was "Itīs a dead package. Sorry."

i replied back and he didn't respond back.

so yea, it stinks.

I emailed him again letting him know there's already $60 worth of donations. I'll throw in $10 too to make it $70.

but if this really is dead, the only other app out there that does what notifier does is intelliscreen. and that developer (intelliborn) is constantly updating the app (i believe there are already 3 upgrades since iOS4 came out). funny thing is, i never ever used notifier before, always used intelliscreen. but intelliscreen has a ton of other features to it that i never use, i really only used it for the reminder beeps. i also worried about the overhead of the app so i figured i'd give notifier a shot on my new iphone 4. but alas, it's not really working.

so yea, the alternative is to pay $10 and get intelliscreen or wait to hear back from spektro.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer For This Useful Post:

a username (2010-08-07), Franberry (2010-08-07)

@lazer - Thanks for trying to light a fire under Spektro. I am really going to miss Notifier. I've never used Intelliscreen before...does it use a lot of memory or drain the battery much?

Thanks for your reply.

I used IntelliScreen for a while and it was okay but totally bloated and i donīt like the developer/RockApp that much.

Do you think Spektro knows that the application still works on iOS4 (libstatusbar installed) and that the "only" problem are the alerts?
    Last edited by a username; 2010-08-07 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirozha View Post
    So, I went ahead and uninstalled Notifier, but I have just found another Cydia app, called MobileLog 4.0. It is not as comprehensive as Notifier when it comes to sound notifications. MobileLog 4.0 costs $9.99, but you get a 6-day trial version when you install it. It's rather expensive for what it does, but I cannot live without having sound notifications of missed calls. I would also love to have sound notifications of missed voice mails, but it's better to be notified of missed calls than not being notified at all. I cannot understand why Apple refuses to integrate sound notifications of missed calls, voice mails, SMS, etc into iOS. It just makes no sense.
    Has anyone else used this MobilLog 4.0 app before? Would like to know if you can install it on multiple phones for the one $10 price like some other Cydia apps.

@sirozha - FYI, it's not an Apple thing to not integrate sound notifications, this is common on other smartphones like Blackberries too. When I used to own a BB, I had to buy an app to get the audio reminders. Weird that it's a standard feature on a cheapo non-smartphone but you have to pay extra for the feature on a smartphone.

MobiLog does not work for Calendar Reminder. Only SMS/Calls. So itīs (at least for me) useless.

Intelliscreen doesn't seem bloated to me. I haven't really noticed a battery hit. I'm partial to lockinfo+notifier but since I'm using Intelliscreen I can't use Lockinfo.

further response from spektro:

The truth!
    Apple shutdown the connections to persistent timers on this ios4 thing.
    They donīt want things scheduled without their concern. They just want their own.
    So, reminders will never work until a new hack is found. This takes much time to discover, since on each new firmware they close a lot of things.
    I donīt have time to look for another hole now.
    Thatīs the truth.

Regards
    Alexandre

so yea, it is a matter of the audio alerts, not really the status icons. did inform him though that intelliborn has alerts working.

as far as intelliscreen goes, not really sure of the overhead bloat factor on it. i used it for 2 years on my 3G. but i would have to assume with all of its status and lockscreen features and widgets, there has got to be some sort of overhead even if you do just use the alerts. thus, why i wanted to try something new. but i guess our only choice is intelliscreen.

Unless the OP will drop what he's doing and make a new notifier app....if he even can.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer For This Useful Post:

a username (2010-08-07), Franberry (2010-08-08)

Thanks for sharing the info.

Bad news but itīs nice that he took the time to explain. I think IntelliScreen is handling the timers on their own. :-(

So we got no choice but use IntelliScreen.

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    further response from spektro:

The truth!
    Apple shutdown the connections to persistent timers on this ios4 thing.
    They donīt want things scheduled without their concern. They just want their own.
    So, reminders will never work until a new hack is found. This takes much time to discover, since on each new firmware they close a lot of things.
    I donīt have time to look for another hole now.
    Thatīs the truth.

Regards
    Alexandre
    ^Thanks again @Lazer for your persistence in contacting Spektro. This news really does bite.

Like the OP suggested, if Specktro were willing to open source his code, then maybe someone like @n00neimp0rtant can work on fixing the repeating audio alerts. RIP Notifier.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast