Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: source error

  1. #1
    Default source error
    i recently updated and jailbroke ios4, the problem is when i added the xsellize repo to cydia, i spelled it xsllize.com (forgot the e). it still added but gave me an error, it doesn't show up in the source list so i cant get rid of it, but every time i open cydia i still get the same error. i searched and searched manual ways to fix it but i came up with nothing that applied to this problem. please help

    the error is

    GPG error: http//cydia.xsllize.com ./
    Release: The following signatures
    were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

    Failed to fetch
    xsllize.com ./Packages.b
    z2 Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned
    an error code (2)

    Some index files failed to download,
    they have been ignored, or old ones
    used instead.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Open Cydia, choose Manage tab at the bottom of the screen, then choose Sources, at the top of the next screen you will see a button called Edit, choose Edit and a red circle with a - through it will appear by the repos you have installed, touch the circle and then Delete on the Repo you want to get rid of!

  3. #3
    failing that, you will have to edit the cydia source list file manually. I had to do this a a few occasions since upgrading to OS4 when i started to add sources to Cydia.

    go to \etc\apt\sources.list.d and download the file cydia.list

    Open it up in a txt editor and then remove the line completely of the invalid source. Save and then put it back and restart Cydia.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Open Cydia, choose Manage tab at the bottom of the screen, then choose Sources, at the top of the next screen you will see a button called Edit, choose Edit and a red circle with a - through it will appear by the repos you have installed, touch the circle and then Delete on the Repo you want to get rid of!
    sorry thats not going to help because if you read the whole post you would know that it doesn't show up in the source list

    Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
    failing that, you will have to edit the cydia source list file manually. I had to do this a a few occasions since upgrading to OS4 when i started to add sources to Cydia.

    go to etcaptsources.list.d and download the file cydia.list

    Open it up in a txt editor and then remove the line completely of the invalid source. Save and then put it back and restart Cydia.
    thank you that is exactly what i did, after much searching i found the sourse list via ssh and deleted it
    Last edited by akira8473; 2010-07-01 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Sorry error@
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-02 at 02:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed, Ready to eat you
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default similar error
    I tried adding http://*************/, which exists, but isn't a cydia repo. I then tried adding http://cydia.*************, and I got the xsellize repo, but the damage had been done. Now, every time I try to load cydia, It stops sometime and says some error that subprocess http://*************/.../Packages.bz2 could not be found, then I push OK, then it reloads. IDK what's wrong.

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Thems pirate repos can be rough.

    But as far as it goes they explained how to edit your sources. Please stop reposting the piracy repos over and over. We do not allow talk about the cracked app/warez/piracy repos.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed, Ready to eat you
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Thems pirate repos can be rough.

    But as far as it goes they explained how to edit your sources. Please stop reposting the piracy repos over and over. We do not allow talk about the cracked app/warez/piracy repos.
    Ok soz i'll stop

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Install rock so you can demo all of their apps and then buy the ones you like. The devs work hard to provide us apps that should already be incorporated by Apple.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •