Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: caller id

Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    Yeah but the issue is that I can search up my home phone with it but when I use my home phone to call my cell it says UNKNOWN
    WhoIsCalling uses sources on the net to find information. It searches whitepages.com and addresses.com IN U.S(More sources can be added). Do you find information about the phonenumber on these pages?
    Last edited by Kirneh; 2010-05-09 at 04:24 PM.

yes i do.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
    yes i do.
    Could you send me a PM with the number?. Then i can check what the api returns for the number.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I work for Orange UK, not sure about the us or canadian companies, but it is a network feature, comes free/standard on the uk networks, did you ever get it saying anything other than unknown?, because if you did the network should be able to sort the issue out

nope it always says Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you could try the sim card in another handset to see if it is showing the caller, if it does it is the iphone at fault not knowing, cant find the corresponding contact, but again dont know enough about the foreign networks to state if handset or sim or not a network feature, give your providor a call, then at least you will know if you need an app or not

Quote Originally Posted by bigdarlodave View Post
    you could try the sim card in another handset to see if it is showing the caller, if it does it is the iphone at fault not knowing, cant find the corresponding contact, but again dont know enough about the foreign networks to state if handset or sim or not a network feature, give your providor a call, then at least you will know if you need an app or not
    no in canada you need to pay extra for call ID which is why i was hoping Whoiscalling would work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Whoiscalling won't work with mobile phones

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-18)

I was trying it with my home phone which is registered in Canada pages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12