Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROswitcher default apps mail/phone

Question PROswitcher default apps mail/phone
    problem:
    I love using proswitcher, however I dont like seeing the mail and phone "cards" when i am swiping through the apps. I have those apps on my dock which is at the bottom when i activate proswitcher anyway and are backrounded by default already...

I know that there is an option to "show default apps" (OR not) and while that does in fac hide the phone and mail 'cards' it also hides safari and ipod as well which I want to remain visible...

I want to hide the mail and phone 'cards' but not the safari and ipod cards.

solution?:

So, can anyone tell me if/where/how there is a file that can be modified to alter the "hide default apps" option only apply to the phone and mail cards and not safari and ipod (or any others if any)

I think I heard that its an open source app so I dunno if this mod would require editing the source code.. to make this change and I dont know how to do that anyway...

I think the best solution is for the dev to take the rout of circuitous and add a additional option in the settings to allow the user to decide from a list of installed apps what exactly is defined as "default apps" from the list you can choose what you want to hide. but untill then? anyone?

so if anyone can help please toss your input my way thanks.

I feel the exact same way. I love everything about proswitcher especially it's customization but I hate seeing phone and email cards

good to know im not alone, hope someone can help us with this

anyone know a way to mod this to hide those 2 cards?
    Last edited by pyro41787; 2010-05-06 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Best thing to do is contact the dev and request the feature. I've never used it nor downloaded it so i can not comment about it in that manner. I'm going to give it a spin though and see what it's about.

Well it's similar to multifl0w only better with a lot of options. (except that it lacks the ability to blacklist apps you don't want to show that multifl0w has)

isnt there now an option for this check under proswitcher to hide defaults, but it will also hide safari I believe.

No offense but did you read my OP?

I said
    "I know that there is an option to "show default apps" (OR not) and while that does in fac hide the phone and mail 'cards' it also hides safari and ipod as well which I want to remain visible..."

i emailed the dev a few days ago but he has not responded..

I would like the same. Kind of annoying that it hides apps I like to use. I just want Mail and Phone gone. The rest can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    I would like the same. Kind of annoying that it hides apps I like to use. I just want Mail and Phone gone. The rest can stay.
    I haven't used ProSwitcher/backgrounder for a while so I could be wrong...

but are there not options in the backgrouder app to hide/show apps? Maybe these setting effect ProSwitcher?

those apps are natively backgrounded and should really remain running. In backgrounder you can do an override to stop them from running at all in background but not hide them. What we want is to keep them on all the time as normal but not see the cards in proswitcher.