Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Pre-Release]Introducing PwnTunes! Sync, Save, Share...

Default [Pre-Release]Introducing PwnTunes! Sync, Save, Share...

What is PwnTunes?
    from the makers of iRealSMS
    PwnTunes - iPhone Drag&Drop Music Import without iTunes - Home

It's a new way to sync your Music & More without the use of iTunes!

As we all know there are many many different MP3 players out there but the Apple iPod Touch & iPhone have dominated the market as the best media player around!
    But even though we all love the device, many of us hate the restrictive iTunes system lockdown on our music and files. Your tied down to syncing your device with only your home PC or you run the risk of losing everything on your iPhone or Touch.

Why can't you just plug it into any PC as you can do with just about every other mp3 player in the world!?

NOW YOU CAN!

With PwnTunes It's as easy as plugging your sync cable into your Windows PC.
    Then it's as simple as browsing your file explorer to copy your files from your iPhone/Touch to your PC. or you can drag items from the PC to your iPhone/Touch!
    drag, drop & go!

What can you do:
    • Drag pictures from your camera roll to any PC
    • Drag Music from your iTunes synced music library to any PC
      • music files are translated from the encoded gibberish file names into a user friendly list based on the original file name as it would be on your PC
    • Add music from any PC to your device & it will automatically import into your iPod app.
      • ID3 tags from MP3 & M4A files will also import track info and album art
      • support for tags from other music types not yet supported
    • Drag and save any type of file(images, videos, documents, spreadsheets, etc) onto your device to use it as a USB drive!

COMPATIBLE WITH:
    • WINDOWS XP**
    • WINDOWS VISTA
    • WINDOWS 7

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAC

http://pwntunes.net/screens/presentation2.jpg
    http://pwntunes.net/screens/presentation4.jpg
    http://pwntunes.net/screens/presentation5.jpg
    CLICK HERE TO SEE YouTube VIDEO TUTORIAL VIA i-Enthusiast
    **fix included for xp users

The Public Pre-Release of PwnTunes has been released and you are invited to participate in it! It is offered at the special price of 6.66 EUR and you can install it via Cydia Repo http://www.pwntunes.net/beta_repo
    Last edited by reznor9; 2010-05-05 at 04:51 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

cpjr (2010-05-05)

Ohhhhh, Ahhhhh......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

reznor9 (2010-05-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Prettycool I'll say

6. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

reznor9 (2010-05-05)

Thanks

Oh wow. I've been missing this since mewseek(?) stopped having this ability.

Quick question, will sings added via pwntunes sync back to iTunes?
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-05-05 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Oh wow. I've been missing this since mewseek(?) stopped having this ability.

Quick question, will sings added via pwntunes sync back to iTunes?
    No.
    iTunes will remove the track listing from the iPod app actually. But the files remain on device. Launching iPod will re-import the track info.

Where can I get it for the special beta price of 6,66€? Cydia says 9,99$ and when I choose Paypal, it wants to have the 9,99$ (~8€) not the promised 6,66€...

Due to the fluctuation of the value of the euro, we can't make cydia update the prices daily. But you can purchase from PwnTunes - iPhone Drag&Drop Music Import without iTunes - Purchase

FYI for users experiencing crash when importing songs to iPod: update: we think we found memory leak not reported by early beta testers due to last minute m4a tag support added. Fix coming soon
    Last edited by reznor9; 2010-05-05 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost