Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SuperCharged

When you say "decrease the life of your iDevice," does that mean that one day it will just stop working, or will be it be a gradual and slow process.

I don't understand what you are saying.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does a CDRW have a life span? It also reads and writes and rewrites!

rofL, I had to say it!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^Thats gotta be the longest post I've ever read lol. Really helps with understanding all this stuff and even though I didnt need any more convincing this is like expert testimonial evidence to prove that the life of your iphone will not be affected signifigently having this mod. But I still got this guy beat with my 72 mobile substrates still running at 180-190 after freeing the mem on my 3gs
    +1

Nice theme man
    Keithsta

iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Thanks

something for a quick read...

What is swap?
    Swap space is the area on a hard disk which is part of the Virtual Memory of your machine, which is a combination of accessible physical memory (RAM) and the swap space. Swap space temporarily holds memory pages that are inactive. Swap space is used when your system decides that it needs physical memory for active processes and there is insufficient unused physical memory available. If the system happens to need more memory resources or space, inactive pages in physical memory are then moved to the swap space therefore freeing up that physical memory for other uses. Note that the access time for swap is slower therefore do not consider it to be a complete replacement for the physical memory. Swap space can be a dedicated swap partition (recommended), a swap file, or a combination of swap partitions and swap files.

Why do I need swap?
    Memory consuming programs Sometimes, a large program (like OpenOffice, Neverwinter Nights, or a video editor) make the entire system need extra memory. A significant number of the pages used by these large programs during its startup may only be used for initialization and then never used again. The system can swap out those pages and free the memory for other programs or even for the disk cache. In these cases, swap will be used to help the system handle any extra load.

Hibernation (suspend-to-disk) The hibernation feature (suspend-to-disk) writes out the contents of RAM to the swap partition before turning off the machine. Therefore, your swap partition should be at least as big as your RAM size. The hibernation implementation currently used in Ubuntu, swsusp, needs a swap or suspend partition. It cannot use a swap file on an active file system.

Unforeseeable Circumstances Unforeseeable events can and will happen (a program going crazy, some action needing much more space than you thought, or any other unpredictable combination of events). In these cases, swap can give you an extra delay to figure out what happened, or to finish what you are working on.

Optimizing memory usage Since mechanical hard drives are considerably slower than RAM (SSD - Solid State Drive - storage is not as slow as physical drives, but still slower than RAM), when you need a file (be it a data file like a video, executables like Firefox, or libraries), the Linux kernel reads the file into RAM and keeps it there, so that the next time you need it, it is already in RAM and data access is much faster. The portions of RAM that accelerate disk read are called "cached memory." You will notice that they make a huge difference in terms of responsiveness. The Linux kernel automatically moves RAM reserved by programs--but not really used--into swap, so that it can serve the better purpose of extending cached memory.

Optimizing Swap performance Because swap space uses a disk device, this can cause performance issues in any system that uses swap space significantly because the system itself may also be using the same disk device at the same time that it is required for swap operations. One way to reduce this problem is to have swap space on a different physical drive so that the competition for that resource is either reduced or eliminated.
    Twitter and Ping: ibnyaffa

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ibnyaffa For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2010-04-19)

Last edited by iphonerookie; 2010-04-19 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

I've been using supercharged.. and maybe i'm reading stuff wrong, but the only to keep the memory way up is to hit the free memory button or the one made with activator every so often... is there a way to get it to always stay high?

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    I've been using supercharged.. and maybe i'm reading stuff wrong, but the only to keep the memory way up is to hit the free memory button or the one made with activator every so often... is there a way to get it to always stay high?
    Same here, once I free memory it will stay above 150mb with my 3GS but eventually within an hour or so it will be back to where it started. And there is no noticable difference in most of my apps, atleast that i've noticed.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

If ur not using it heavly and just pushing it hard then that means u have a memory leak.
    Meaning if u have stacks, if u have iconoclasim " before the update " if u have bosspaper, and mostly if u have proswitcher. Those apps and others many like it will couse some memory leak. And other MS that runs in the background.

But when u say it goes back to what it was... And that's what? 130mb? That means without supercharged u usaly get 80-90?

Please check what u have installed. Check ur MS and make sure that u don't have some crazy apps running in the background.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibnyaffa View Post
    If ur not using it heavly and just pushing it hard then that means u have a memory leak.
    Meaning if u have stacks, if u have iconoclasim " before the update " if u have bosspaper, and mostly if u have proswitcher. Those apps and others many like it will couse some memory leak. And other MS that runs in the background.

But when u say it goes back to what it was... And that's what? 130mb? That means without supercharged u usaly get 80-90?

Please check what u have installed. Check ur MS and make sure that u don't have some crazy apps running in the background.
    Actually I have none of the above installed, the only apps that show up under Processes in the background are: Mail, Phone Ipod.

I have a 3GS, so previously I would get 130-140MB free by default. Now with Supercharged after freeing memory I will get up to 190 at the most, but this quickly goes down within about an hour.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibnyaffa View Post

what do you mean by pushing it hard??

Also, if you respring, is it normal for it to go to where it was by default (like before you ever had supercharged installed?)
    Last edited by Forever Young; 2010-04-25 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    what do you mean by pushing it hard??

Also, if you respring, is it normal for it to go to where it was by default (like before you ever had supercharged installed?)
    pushing it.. meaning putting alot of stress on it...

and no... it should be higher than normal but not as high as when u run supercharged.

yo man, what up?! u didnt answer my email or PM. i payed for supercharged on 21. april (european time). so now what..? O.o

*edit* kk, seems to be my fault with the PM-settings
    Last edited by kayze; 2010-04-27 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks

i tried sending u an email and it always comes back as not valid... i tried sending u a pm and its coming back as ur not accepting pm's so give me a working email and ill send it to u..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

never really timed anything before or after i used supercharged, so i dont know how much faster my phone is going, but i can honestly say my horribly laggy 3g is now a smoothly running 3g. Went from running around 25mb to cruising between 55 and 60. Thanks so much for a great product!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -slow.jpg   -fast.jpg  

I would like to post what I am getting now after supercharged but I don't know where to find those numbers.

Duh! Ok I run anywhere from 67 to 42
    Last edited by Nightkeeper62; 2010-05-01 at 03:49 PM.

Hi there ibnyaffa...I av got 3gs, and i av installed HTCHD2 weather theme, i hav got 119-120 free memory at da moment bt whn i open other apps most often games i can tell its kinda laggy, very slow!
    I wanna supercharger bt do i hav to install any other app frm cydia or its jus supercharger.deb file?

OK, the file has worked but I am having major problems. My phone laggs so bad it isn't funny. After I hit free memory in sbsettings my phone freezes for at least 30 seconds. And at random it will freeze. My memory goes from 67 down to 29 sometimes. I am running os 3.1.3 on a 3g iphone. I have quick board, battery control, privacy, quick reply, shrink, and 20 sec lock screen installed. I did not have the problem before i installed supercharge so I believe it is having a conflict with something. How can I figure out how to resolve this or how can i un-install supercharge?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AWSUM View Post
    Hi there ibnyaffa...I av got 3gs, and i av installed HTCHD2 weather theme, i hav got 119-120 free memory at da moment bt whn i open other apps most often games i can tell its kinda laggy, very slow!
    I wanna supercharger bt do i hav to install any other app frm cydia or its jus supercharger.deb file?
    sorry for the delay resonse but the only thing u need to install is the .deb....

if u want the extra stuff then install activator and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkeeper62 View Post
    OK, the file has worked but I am having major problems. My phone laggs so bad it isn't funny. After I hit free memory in sbsettings my phone freezes for at least 30 seconds. And at random it will freeze. My memory goes from 67 down to 29 sometimes. I am running os 3.1.3 on a 3g iphone. I have quick board, battery control, privacy, quick reply, shrink, and 20 sec lock screen installed. I did not have the problem before i installed supercharge so I believe it is having a conflict with something. How can I figure out how to resolve this or how can i un-install supercharge?

on a 3g it is normal for the phone to freeze up 20-30 seconds.. thats due to the tweak writing the files,

why would ur memory drop that down? i have heard it from some members but its not due to one specific app or another tweak, we have not been able to pin point it down , but one thing that had helped us is removing activator and or lockinfo. also if u have RMF then u need to remove that too.
    Last edited by ibnyaffa; 2010-05-02 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey i donated and i got super charged like a few months ago but i restored my iphone 3g and i cant find the deb file and the old email link dont work can u send me supercharged again?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast