Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SuperCharged

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Removed!!!

so basically we are paying $2 to make our phones mess up faster?

Thanks

That's my opinion! And if you search around MMI, many others will agree with me.
    I don't know if all Virtual Memory apps act the same as Supercharged but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't feel like trying anymore of them.
    Maybe it's better now (if it's been updated in the last 6 months) so you might wanna give it a try for fun-sake!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

MrElectrifyer (2011-03-14)

but its not compatible wit i4 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My two cents:
    Why is everybody having trouble getting this? A Google search will help you find it...prolly for free!

Second, Supercharged jacks up ur phone. I am all about speed mods and experimenting for research sake but this mod makes ur phone highly unstable. Plus, you'll only see memory increases in the beginning and then it goes back to normal. If u try to Free Up Memory in SBSettings, your phone stalls and requires a reboot!!! Not worth it IMHO....
    It really amazes me the ignorance people have. Before you comment like that on something you have no idea about try reasing theough the thread or at least the first post.

SuperCharged is one of the greatest modifications ever and is quite significantly more than a simple speed mod

It in no way makes you phone unstable but uses a swap file to convert flash memory into ram adding a huge amount of extra ram. It is completely stable and has been thoroghly been proved through this thread how it is completely safe and although it uses extra disk writes to the iphone the amount that it actually shortens the life of the phone is not only little more than coincedental but also far less than the average difference in lifespan that is acceptable in all flash memory devices. Even nokia enabled swapfile on some of their phones to speed them up.

Second, by suggesting getting this paid mod for free you are promoting warez which is highly forbidden on this forum and you should recieve a infraction immediately. For all those modderators here please give this guy an infraction unless he edits his post.

Its exactly this kind of crap that was the reason why ibnyaffa left ModMyi.

@pionet- the best way to reach ibnyaffa is by his twitter account.

Email = months for response
    Twitter = instant response

Thanks

Calm it down, bro! That's why I specifically said it's 'my opinion' and 'maybe it's better now.'. People can take it or leave it...

BTW, I did try this mod for a while because I really wanted it to work DESPITE all the negative reviews I heard!

Third, I never knew Supercharged was even a paid app!!! I heard about it - checked Cydia & they don't host it - Googled it - and found it! I assumed it was freeware until I saw the end of this thread today saying that people 'donated.'
    So how am I to be blamed for finding an app that obviously seems to be unattainable by it's creator!

Regardless, my comments are my opinion and yours are your opinion. It's not something to get mad about cuz it's all in the name of fun...right?!?!

Thanks

...and lastly, I knew what the app did. I researched it's main function (Converting flash RAM to Virtual RAM) so I understood it's benefits and pitfalls. Like I said, I really wanted this to be a good mod and had it installed for several weeks on a 3G and 3GS.

Just wondering what firmware are you running? Because I asked him about a week ago about a version that would work on 4.0.1 3gs (probably will be for all 4.x) and he said he didnt yet have a stable version of it yet for my device and said he would try to get it done in a week but because he was busy had to put it off longer. If your using an old 3.x version on 4.x that may be the reason your experiencing issues.

At any rate, i am not trying to single you out. I am just trying to point out that despite the huge controversy caused by ignorance the facts on how something like this works and its actual effects, Ibnyaffa made a huge effort especially on this thread to point out what the reality of it was and how it is actual very stable and safe and it is not only detailed from him but also includeds a rediculously long quote from someone that actually works with flash memory as well as knowing quite a bit about software and I highly suggest you read that quote. Ibnyaffa even made sure to include that quote in his first post and after reading it quickly the guy is a computer systems engineer so he definitely knows what hes talking about.

The difference between your "opinion" and my "opinion" is that although you may have heard a few controversial things here and there about the mod basing you opinion solely on that without considering the other side or so much as reading the first or probably any posts in this thread shows that your post was clearly based off of ignorance and lack of knowledge about what it actually does. I admitt that at first I was in muchthe same way skeptical way back with this mod was called Vroom and even the BigBoss called him out on it and called it "dangerous". However I not only read everything from bigboss but also read ibnyaffas response as well as the comments of people that argued about the technicalities in it and so at that point I did some research of my own on the matter and realized that the whole controversy was rediculous and Ibnyaffa didnt deserve this crap. There were many others that also realized this including legendary theme masters and coders K. Nitsua and Zausser. I then read about the extent to whether it actually worked and nearly every single person that actually tried it out was extremely satified with the result. It was at that point that I decided to try it out for myself and at the time running well over 50 mobile substrates, multiple LS and SB widgets and having over 400 apps I was extremely surprised that it not only made my iphone 3gs run smoothly but also rarely got crashes for apps that I used to get constsntly and my 3gs was actually running faster than an unjailbroken one. When SuperCharged was released as an update to Vroom I was even more satisfied with it.

Prior to using vroom I had actually tried a multitude of speed hacks including deleting all unessisary language files, deleting unessisary launchdaemons and even using xslimmer on my computer to slim down the bianarys and get rid of unessisary language files in my iphone apps (which lead to huge cydia issues eventually causing me the need to reinstall cydia) and I spent a while in desprete attempt to make my iphone faster and smooth again. None of these made any noticable difference. Then I eventually found a different swapfile mod called iphonevm and at the time I had no idea what it did but read somewhere that it made my iphone faster out of desperation I immediately installed it and did notice a slight bump in speed and reliability. But not nearly enough.

Later I found out that iphonevm actually went about swapfile in a different and less stable way than vroom/supercharged and Ibnyaffa detailed the long technical explaination surrounding and a lot of what he said made sense.

But even the whole thing with finding it for free and not knowing.... Please next time you post on any thread here at ModMyi PLEASE read at least the first post. Because the first post is constantly updated by the OP in order to answer questions and clarify issues such as this on any thread here including theme threads.

Again I want to say I am not particularly singling you out or "angry" at you for your post but I really wanted to take the effort to set things right and point out the whole story about this mod and the controversy around it to clear up any confusions and fix any misunderstandings and make sure an instance like this doesnt occur again by mistake regardless of the fact that ibnyaffa has long since abandoned not only this thread but also MMi as a whole.

Sorry for the long and exhausting speech but I felt it was nessisary... And I typed it all on my iphone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

dmrenfro (2010-12-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dmrenfro's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the update SnowLeo. I refuse to be a part of Twitter, so can you please post here whatever needs to be done to get this to work on 4.1 or higher, whenever it happens? Any help would be appreciated, as I too love this app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xXDrizzyyXx's Avatar
    Thanks

I still haven't received my copy of superCharged

Contact @ibnyaffa on twitter because thats the only place he actually replies to people (I waited 4 months for a response via email, 30 seconds via twitter)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xXDrizzyyXx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Contact @ibnyaffa on twitter because thats the only place he actually replies to people (I waited 4 months for a response via email, 30 seconds via twitter)
    Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone dmrenfro's Avatar
    Thanks

SnowLeo, any updates on 4.1FW or higher?

He created small beta teams for the 4.x versions as well as an ipad version.

However after asking him a million times and him asking for my email I thought i would be part of the beta team but he has yet to send me any files ):

But it sure wouldnt hurt for someone besides me to remind him of his SuperCharged project to motivate him to finish it *hint* (:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

dmrenfro (2011-01-16)

Just purchased. This thing seems cool. Can't wait to try it

post retracted
    Last edited by LOAD error; 2011-02-02 at 04:16 PM. Reason: NvM

Yeah if you guys want this please just keep nagging him on twitter. I ask him like every week and he keeps saying its still in beta and not ready. Really hope he finishes it soon because its been too damn long and I NEED it on my 3gs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

so this isnt for IP4?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

iP4 version us in beta (and has been for months) but at least now ibnyaffa is CLOSE to finishing. Please contact him at @ibnyaffa on twitter and itll make him go faster

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast