Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SuperCharged

iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Thanks

If ur using ios4 and activator is giving u a head time don't use the menorytap option.

How to install it on ios4? Use ifile like in 3.1.3.

The blinking screen guy. ...

What phone and what ios4 do u have.
    Please when asking for help make sure u tell me what fw and what device u have.

i pod touch 2gen 8gb running on ios4.0

i was thinking if i leave it there for the battery to run out then on the idevice again would it solve the prob?

now the ipod everything on it is yellow........

Quote Originally Posted by invoke94 View Post
    i pod touch 2gen 8gb running on ios4.0

i was thinking if i leave it there for the battery to run out then on the idevice again would it solve the prob?

now the ipod everything on it is yellow........
    okayy i fixed it already. well, i think the "SUPERCHARGE" destroyed every single data in my ipod after i pressed freememory in Sbsettings.

however i waitied for the battery to be flat (i guess it dint i was able to on it again) before i started trying to on it and a weird total yellow coloured image appeared twice but after that i did a manual recovery mode and i got ios4 in again

i guess i learnt NOT to delete daemons, freememory etc every again they are somehow important in a way or another
    Last edited by invoke94; 2010-06-29 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This addition worked very well on the original iPhone. Gave back about 40mb and the phone runs much better so far.

Worth $2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i am on os4.. but activator keeps freezing when i try to open it .. keeps sending me to safe mode

How about with the new activator, does this work then? Im afraid to try it, I dont want to brick my device. Thank you.

Thanks

any update to the last version?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Just restored to and jailbroke iOS4 on my 3GS and i installed the version without memorytap I assume (i didnt see it as an option in activator), and everytime I go to free memory in sbsettings my phone freezes and I have to do a hard reboot to fix it.
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Thanks

ok guys... so far 1.3.1 works on iphone 3G and ipod 2G
    it does not work on 3GS. 4.0

i am working on a fix as we speak with some beta testers.

i will update u guys as soon as im done with it.. thanks for waiting
    Twitter and Ping: ibnyaffa

Quote Originally Posted by ibnyaffa View Post
    ok guys... so far 1.3.1 works on iphone 3G and ipod 2G
    it does not work on 3GS. 4.0

i am working on a fix as we speak with some beta testers.

i will update u guys as soon as im done with it.. thanks for waiting
    also not on ipod2gen ios4

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

holy **** this worked big time thanks
    ]

Hey ibnyaffa,

Anxiously waiting on the supercharged file. I sent my donation and emailed you on July 8th but I'm guessing you're iphone is still down. Can't wait to give it shot. Let me know if you didn't get my info.

Thanks,

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sirealz View Post
    Hey ibnyaffa,

Anxiously waiting on the supercharged file. I sent my donation and emailed you on July 8th but I'm guessing you're iphone is still down. Can't wait to give it shot. Let me know if you didn't get my info.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Email him again. I donated and got mine today..

This works GREAT! My 3G running IOS4 usally only had between 15 and 20 Mb free and dropped below 10 quite often. Now its running at around 60mb!

Just got the email...about to try it now.

Thanks!

__________________________________________________ ____________

Here's what I have:

3GS baseband 05.13.04 running 3.1.3 firmware j/b w/ spirit

Here's what I did...

I used iFile to copy and paste the .deb file into /tmp and then used installer and received the "0" prompt. I then rebooted the idevice and brought up sbsettings -> processess -> free up. After about 2 minutes, it froze and my screen dimmed with small white lines on the screen. (see attachment) So then I forced a reboot and then free up'd it again. Only this time after 2 1/2 minutes it rebooted on it's own. Now its showing 124MB (about what I had before).

So I uninstalled lockinfo thinking that might be the issue but I'm still at 124MB. Then I uninstalled intelliscreen and I got as high as 135MB. I went on to uninstall elerts but there was no change in the memory.

Did I miss a step? Or am I running soo many background apps that 135MB is as good as I can get?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by sirealz; 2010-07-14 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just to follow up...I've been re-installing it various ways since yesterday. Through terminal using memorytap, through iFile using memorytap, and terminal using sbsettings. All result in freezing my device and I have to manually reboot.

However, I have gotten as high as 148MB and as low as 73MB which is good. Before I would get as low as the 40's. So I believe it's working...I just can't get it to work like the video shows on page 1 without freezing and manually rebooting. Is this normal for some people?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Any word on 3GS functionality?
    iLive an iLife

What location are you using in the file system to write to? /var/tmp?

@ibnyaffa, are you unable to publish this in Cydia? You could build out your payment for the app so that users can download, do in app purchase or just link to payment web site. Let me know if you need help. Thanks.
    Last edited by ezelthompkins; 2010-07-28 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

wait does it decrease battery life?

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shovo View Post
    wait does it decrease battery life?
    it decreased batteryf for me, but it makes your phone a lot faster.
    ]

Wow, works exceptionally good on my iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0.1. For the first time I was able to run Cydia and install several packages without having to reboot first (to get as much memory as possible). =D And on top of that, I'm running Phone, Mail, and listening to music at the same time! I'm sitting on about 30MB free with those apps running, as opposed the the rebooting iPhone I'd have if I tried without SuperCharged.

The only problem is that I can't seem to get MemoryTap to work. I've checked and the Activator files are there where they should be and the initial install returned 0. If I open up Activator and search through the list of actions, there's no MemoryTap there. Any help on that would be awesome.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Important Info for IPod 2g
    Okay. I've been messing around with this and found a bit of progress. I'm guessing all of ip2g owners are having trouble on 4.0 with supercharged. I found the bug that causes the never ending freezing when use of sbsettings Free Memory. It's the reboot. When you reboot, the daemon is activated, creating Data0. Data0 is causing the freezes. If you want a unstable fix. Follow these instuctions. Install the deb via ifile. Reboot. Quickly go to safe mode. (iPod will freeze within seconds.) Then open ifile and go to var/SuperCharged delete the Data0. Respring. Then use sbsetting free memory. No freeze, and works perfectly. But once you reboot, it will create Data0, thus causing the freezing again. Say thanks if I shed some light on supercharged. Wouldt mind bein a beta tester for ipod2g.

Regards,
    Cody

21. The Following User Says Thank You to codynln For This Useful Post:

tederson (2010-08-15)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast