Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: genesis4iphone v1.0.0 - Sega Genesis + Sega CD emulator

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

thats odd. try installing afp on your phone and using "Connect to Server..." menu option on your comp and copy over the files that way.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

5aint (2008-03-31)

that did it! thanks!

Ive tried downloading some games and it didnt work. Can someone provide me a direct link for working rom's. I need them bad. I want to try out genesis already.

Thanks

google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    Ive tried downloading some games and it didnt work. Can someone provide me a direct link for working rom's. I need them bad. I want to try out genesis already.

try the piratebay

I have an OTB 1.0.2. Im DUMB and upgraded to 1.1.4...... I used Liberty and jailbroke my phone and got installer and installed this. I got the bios necessary to run SEGA CD, and roms in zip format. I get the "not a rom selected" error on all except the bios files which loads up the Sega CD loading screen and sits there. I also have an issue with GameboyAdvanceEmu (I know not the same thread) But I have all the roms in right folder like before but get an error no roms in folder, when everthing is where it should be as I had this before. Is this a 1.1.4 issue, or has anyone else used 1.1.4 and it worked? THX...
    Last edited by MiSTRFiNGA; 2008-04-01 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks

genesis and all other emus work great on my 1.1.4 so thats not the issue.

Anyone else having problems with save states? Should there be a saves folder?

*Fixed* If you change the permissions for your Genesis ROMs folder to 777 it should work.
    Last edited by BreakTheChains; 2008-04-02 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiSTRFiNGA View Post
    I have an OTB 1.0.2. Im DUMB and upgraded to 1.1.4...... I used Liberty and jailbroke my phone and got installer and installed this. I got the bios necessary to run SEGA CD, and roms in zip format. I get the "not a rom selected" error on all except the bios files which loads up the Sega CD loading screen and sits there. I also have an issue with GameboyAdvanceEmu (I know not the same thread) But I have all the roms in right folder like before but get an error no roms in folder, when everthing is where it should be as I had this before. Is this a 1.1.4 issue, or has anyone else used 1.1.4 and it worked? THX...
    Make sure the bios files are in "/var/root/Media/ROMs/GENESIS". Roms should go in "/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GENESIS". Also make sure the SEGA CD roms are unzipped (should be a .bin or .iso file).

Yeah here is my update. First on the Genesis ones. I got new roms, and they worked. ones I got off newsgroup were called GOOD SMS roms or somthing. I dunno, but I got new ones and they worked, so it was my roms. 2nd, the gameboy emu. Using squid I could nav to the media folder, but clickin it just made the screen roolover and not go deeper in the file tree. I had to use total commander and copy the media folder over to my PC, then delete it off my iphone. I set properties off of read only and copied it back to the phone. Rand gameboy emu and it found the roms. Wierd huh? Now to get some sega CD roms working! thx for the suggestions though! hope maybe this helps someone else......

Thanks

actually the roms load much faster when zipped instead of .bin

has anyone got Sega CD games to run yet? when I try torun them I get no US bios found. The bios I have are :
    us_scd1_9210.bin
    us_scd2_9303.bin
    us_scd2_9306.bin

NO where could I find SegaCDBIOS9303.bin, so I assumed from the 3 I had the 9303.bin was the one it was reffering to so I renamed us_scd2_9303.bin to SegaCDBIOS9303.bin. I can load these files in the emulator and the segacd splash screen and audio comes up, but none of the games I have are working. List of games you have working? THX!

So they havent came out with a package roms for genesis or psx like they did for the nes if so someone please post sources or instructions where to get them thanks ..

Thanks

can't do it. youll have to do a little google researching for roms.

hint: roms have there own country

I have a ?..... I am able to get old school sega games to work but when I downloaded the 2 badest games for sega CD ( Dragons Lair & Space Ace ). I am getting some Bull Sh*! ( NO U.S Bios found ) How would I fix this problem?

I am getting the " not a rom selected " error.. for Sega Genesis.. i reaaaally want to play NBA jam.. i downloaded it right off the installer. . its already a .Bin file. and the permissions are 0777.. so not sure why its not working.. a few of the other ones are also not workin from installer.. GBA ones work though.

anybody got a clue?

Motocross Championship isn't loading for me, does it work for anyone else?

So I've got a problem with my genesis4iphone.

It didn't recognize the .zip extention for the files(seems like SNES is the only one that does, I had to unzip the NES roms also).
    So I unziped the files to the .sms (sega master system) extentions.

The ROM's I have loaded are all UE so they should work.

But it shows the status bar on the top as it says 'loading emulation'

On the Bottom 'Not a ROM selected' comes up, and that's the end of the road. gotta reset to spingboard to get out.

Permissions are 777, all correct. Roms are in right diretory (1.1.4) and can be selected but wont run....

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Pulled some .bin roms from another d/l of rom packs. those worked fine. So I deleted the .sms and just replaced with the .bin version of the files.
    Last edited by intrglctcrevfnk; 2008-05-23 at 02:11 AM. Reason: found solution

I noticed SSH'ing into my phone that there are two files for each game. Motocross championship only has one file and it does not work. There are .bin files and .bin.smd(I think its smd) anyways without both files it doesn't seem to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123