Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PogoPlank - A SpringBoard UI Replacement

Thanks

i found 3 themes for the wheel on cydai, any one know where we can find more?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mEat.hEad For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2009-10-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Well, an update came through that claims to have fixed the Photos and Camera launching... not so. The apps are in the list now for adding to a category, but the icons show up in the menu as blue folders, with no text, and when you click them, nothing happens. (shrug)
    Still having a similar issue. The names for Camera and Photo show up in the categories folder, but there are no icons. Will try to add and remove PP and see if that works.

Also what happened to the universal search. You can't scroll for the search screen nor does double clicking the home button work, you get the key board but no search capability. Plus I've paid for Universal Search from Cydia, which is awsome, so PLEASE BRING THE SEARCH FEATURE BACK....

If I've missed a previous post please excuse me.

thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ripped53 For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2009-10-16)

I ended up reinstalling thru Cydia, and that worked... I didnt remove, I just reinstalled on top of the existing.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Still having a similar issue. The names for Camera and Photo show up in the categories folder, but there are no icons. Will try to add and remove PP and see if that works.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2009-10-16)

I really like the concept of PogoPlank but I don't really like the result, the wheel. Why use A wheel, I think it doesnt look clean and I don't like that I have to tap twice an icon to open it. Why not put them under each other and when you click once it will open directly.
    Hope you can do something with this.

Here I made a example.
    In the example the Internet map is opened (thats why there is a big internet icon on top)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Semmm For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2009-10-16)

Thanks

best 1.99 spent yet

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mEat.hEad For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2009-10-17), six1101 (2009-10-16)

Hi, Can we have theme please. Looks Cool.

There are a few nedit, link removedew themes from . Add the repo and check them at "Changes" section.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-17 at 02:32 AM.
    Mac.com.my Social Networking Owner

Macbook Pro 13" Snow Leopard
    iPhone 3G 16GB : iPod Classic 80GB : iPod Photo 30GB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bizkut For This Useful Post:

24trepid (2009-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by eflamenco View Post
    how it looks with a diff wallpaper

theme attached below
    love your mod can you also help us out with the theme for the icons and your wallpapers

Damn, this is the bomb!! I installed this app. But now not all my icons are the same as my theme? And all icons i have are available as theme icons. Someone knows how this comes??

Edit: just change names!
    Last edited by TheIndo; 2009-10-16 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Got it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

anyone figured out how to bring back the universal search or was that a slight over site on the devs part?

Thanks

Damn. This looks ugly. A new low in iphone theming!

If you want a phone that looks and acts suck just by WinMo and give it an iphone theme
    To live, you have to lie

I thought I was the only one who thought that this is the most hideous piece of software and theming available on the iPhone. Seriously, I cannot believe how anyone would want to look at this and use it. And pay $2 to receive the insult. This is a step back in theming IMHO.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Quote Originally Posted by Semmm View Post
    I really like the concept of PogoPlank but I don't really like the result, the wheel. Why use A wheel, I think it doesnt look clean and I don't like that I have to tap twice an icon to open it. Why not put them under each other and when you click once it will open directly.
    Hope you can do something with this.

Here I made a example.
    In the example the Internet map is opened (thats why there is a big internet icon on top)

I like this concept! It's more "apple" style. But Pogoplank is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I thought I was the only one who thought that this is the most hideous piece of software and theming available on the iPhone. Seriously, I cannot believe how anyone would want to look at this and use it. And pay $2 to receive the insult. This is a step back in theming IMHO.
    I agree that this doesn't looks good, but as far as taking the theme scene back a few steps i would have to disagree with you, this is not a theme its a springboard replacement although its not to our taste maybe this will inspire more people to create something bigger and better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

This is Awesome !!!

Now I don't need Stacks or Categories ........

Thanks out to the dev ...........
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 24trepid For This Useful Post:

mYiPhOnE7 (2009-10-26)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it. I think it's pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    That's some funny stuff coming from a theme developer. It's like an affliction d-bag calling an Ed Hardy d-bag an idiot.

At least this package is about productivity. It's another way to sort the apps. It's not all about putting up a useless image of someones ego, although that is a secondary option.

Okay, I have not installed this, so I can only judge from the stock theme and those that people put up here and in several other threads. From what I can see, the app uses a circular arrangement of 5 folders plus a menu-like panel, both occupying about half of the screen (with the dock essentially unaltered. So this is equivalent to 5 categories, but each category just gives you 7 apps to pick from. Unless this app provides more that the springboard's 10 pages, we have a net loss of app numbers to access. On top of that, we are stuck with a circular wheel of folders that isn't really flexible. The menu-like panel is just ugly IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, if you like it go for it. I can still remember how everybody thought that stacks would revolutionize the springboard. In the end, most of these apps are just a novelty and most people return to the default. The same can be said about themes. Once the novelty and hype wears off and you spend more time configuring your iPhone with every new app you download, you realize that it's just not wort the effort...

So by all means. If you like it, use it. I stand by my comment that it's the ugliest interface I have seen so far. But that's just me.

If I had to design an app that would help with navigating the iPhone screens, I would implement a gesture similar to SBSettings. Say we swipe the dock and the apps in the dock would slide to the left and 5 categories would slide in from the right. You hit one of the categories and it would take you to the page containing the apps of that category. The dock icons would automatically slide back. So essentially, we would have slick springjumps without changing the overal behavior of the iPhone. That I would probably buy for $2.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-10-17 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

You actually don't have a clue to the functionality, so that is an ultimate fail. It's not my personal ultimate interface, but is pretty nice, it is expandable, and I do like it better than swiping full pages where I sometimes accidentally tap an app during a swipe. It is an early version and there is room for improvement. You are not qualified to speak about the functionality, but when you try, it only speaks of your credibility.

OTOH, for less than $2, not only would you learn something, you will have an opportunity to create themes that you like for what you consider a horrible theme.

Why don't you read what I actually wrote? I expressed my opinion on a product that I cannot try without purchasing. So I go by what I see. I don't like what I see. I admitted that I don't know the full functionality, but you have not corrected me on anything I said. Clue me in an tell me where the functionality is different from what I wrote. Seriously, is there anything more to this being a static 5-item category version that pops up 7 apps per category? What if I have 20 games? I get to pick my seven favorites? What if my favorites change? Can I rearrange them like I do with regular themes? Or is this just as cumbersome as any other app where I have to go to settings and shift apps up or down a list.

And had you read what I proposed as an alternative approach, you would have understood that I was not talking about full page swiping.

Besides, why are you so sensitive about critique? I'm sorry, but the stock theme is truly ugly in my opinion and the alternatives I have seen aren't any better. Again, this is my personal opinion that you or anyone can feel free to disagree with. Why this sensitivity? Improve it, blow me away with design or functionality.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast