Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    I posted a new RSS plugin to MMI last night (not posted to the source yet). It should fix the disappearing RSS feeds and the empty sections.

For the weather icon issue, the center image uses the image that would have been the icon on the header for the other weathericon plugin. If you had somehow overridden that so that you had no icon there, it might be creating an issue. Though I can't think of how you would do that. Do you ever see an icon there? What theme are you using with WeatherIcon (if any)?

Also, if you update to the current WeatherIcon beta available on my beta source (http://iphone.ashman.com/beta/) your Lock Weather plugin will work again. I will release that as soon as I work out a couple more issues.

PS - murray23, you're a rockstar. Thanks for providing such great support on this forum. It's hard to track so many forums.
    Dave, I really like LockInfo. You've done, and are doing a great job.
    One quick question that I've not found an answer for. There's probably one out there, but it's probably buried under tons of other posts. LOL.
    Anyway, I've found a few 'theme.plist' files that allow changing of font size, color, etc. But none of them address the issue of changing the fonts in the lock weather plugin headings.
    The main keys are HeaderStyle, SummaryStyle, and DetailStyle. Changing these don't affect the big clock, date, or temps. Am I missing something?
    Thanks for the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by murray23 View Post
    @cdcool - respring usually works for RSS, if not - I found changing Lockinfo's plug-in order would help and RSS feeds would then work

I havent got the update @Stimpy5050 mentioned he has submitted yet - hopefully that will help fix RSS problems.
    MMI is a little behind on app postings (they're working on their servers this weekend) but it's on it's way. I also fixed the respring issue in the RSS plugin. No longer need to respring. Next version will have a much better settings screen to make finding and loading feeds easier. I know it's pretty basic right now.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

cdcool (2010-02-06), murray23 (2010-02-07)

I have a problem with Gruppled Lockinfo. I am not using the native theme, but the gruppled lockinfo.theme. Everyone works fine but I am having problems with the swipe behaviours.

When I swipe right to unlock my iphone (from the lockscreen), all sections collapse and I go to my home screen. However, when I go back to the lockscreen, all sections are still collapsed. What I want is that when I get back to the lockscreen, all sections are expanded (as set per section in the config.js). Is there a way to unlock by swiping right without collapsing all sections? I would love to find out.

I am not using the native theme because I don't want to modify anything else but my lockscreen. All the other themes I tried modify the way icons look and change the whole UI of the iPhone.

I hope someone can help me out. I have tried changing the true/false settings for collapsing/expanding in the config.js but nothing affects this behaviour. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

@cdcool - respring usually works for RSS, if not - I found changing Lockinfo's plug-in order would help and RSS feeds would then work

I havent got the update @Stimpy5050 mentioned he has submitted yet - hopefully that will help fix RSS problems.
    Working for me now, no issues. I have CNN, Yahoo and ABC news all streaming.

This is really a sweet program!, much better than inteliscreen, which I just disabled.the adjustable font size alone pays for itself.

MMI is a little behind on app postings (they're working on their servers this weekend) but it's on it's way. I also fixed the respring issue in the RSS plugin. No longer need to respring. Next version will have a much better settings screen to make finding and loading feeds easier. I know it's pretty basic right now.
    Nice!! thanks Dave, well done!

Charlie..sent you a few emails
    Last edited by cdcool; 2010-02-06 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the new RSS still does not allow us to hide empty RSS feeds... this is so disappointing

Hi,

After updating the RSS plug-in i still cannot see feeds that end up with .XML in the URL or aggregated public feeds of Google reader

Do you need more info?

Thanks,
    Komar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by routey View Post
    the new RSS still does not allow us to hide empty RSS feeds... this is so disappointing
    Just make 5 for now..

Quote Originally Posted by cdcool View Post
    Just make 5 for now..
    What kind of feeds to you use, Cause google reader atom links
    Don't work.

and adding five of them still does not work...
    Last edited by komarto; 2010-02-07 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplorer View Post
    I have a problem with Gruppled Lockinfo. I am not using the native theme, but the gruppled lockinfo.theme. Everyone works fine but I am having problems with the swipe behaviours.

When I swipe right to unlock my iphone (from the lockscreen), all sections collapse and I go to my home screen. However, when I go back to the lockscreen, all sections are still collapsed. What I want is that when I get back to the lockscreen, all sections are expanded (as set per section in the config.js). Is there a way to unlock by swiping right without collapsing all sections? I would love to find out.

I am not using the native theme because I don't want to modify anything else but my lockscreen. All the other themes I tried modify the way icons look and change the whole UI of the iPhone.

I hope someone can help me out. I have tried changing the true/false settings for collapsing/expanding in the config.js but nothing affects this behaviour. Many thanks in advance.
    Have you got the collapsible sections turned to "YES" in Lockinfo settings? Or do you have "Hide Empty Sections" turned to "YES" in Lockinfo settings?

And I have read that the HTML themes are no longer supported and only the native ones are - which could be why you are seeing something weird happen.

Quote Originally Posted by komarto View Post
    Don't work.

Here are 2 feeds from Modmyi that I know currently work:

http://modmyi.com/forums/external.php

http://feeds.modmyi.com/home_all

As noted with the new RSS update - it says on RSS settings page:
    "Feed URLs must be valid RSS 2.0 URLS that start with http://"

Thanks Stimpy5050!! - the update definitely fixed the respring issue - I added in feeds and enabled RSS - it worked instantly, and displayed the updated feeds without any need for respring or the changing of plugin order.
    Last edited by murray23; 2010-02-07 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Don't work.

It works.

Here is one:

http://feeds.foxnews.com/foxnews/latest

cnn,msnbc and cnet all work also, just do a goggle and find the rss feeds.

I was just playing with adding new feed - and added this Engadget one:

http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml

Modmyi feeds:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/external.php
    http://feeds.modmyi.com/home_all

Went back to Lockscreen - and when it updated - it copied the new feed over the top of 1 of my previous modmyi feeds (see the links I posted above). So then I had 2 Engadget feed lines showing.

I resprung the phone - and it updated, showing the 3 correct feeds I wanted. But now - it no longer shows the empty feed lines. It shows only the 3 feed lines that have URL set to them.

So it seems the update did fix the empty RSS feed lines.

If you get empty feed lines - then try respringing phone.
    (see pic for example of empty feed lines not showing anymore: )
    Last edited by murray23; 2010-02-07 at 11:04 AM.

Hi,

I just added 5 RSS 2.0 feeds to the plugin and it does not work.
    I am using Hebrew feeds does it matter?

This pages contains the feeds i want to use can you check if they are
    Compliant?
    Ynet ?? ???? - ?????? ?????? ?-RSS

Thanks

Hi,

I just added 5 RSS 2.0 feeds to the plugin and it does not work.
    I am using Hebrew feeds does it matter?

This pages contains the feeds i want to use can you check if they are
    Compliant?
    Ynet ?? ???? - ?????? ?????? ?-RSS

Thanks
    Hi - had a look at those feeds and couldnt get one to work for me sorry! Tried a few different ones too - but got nothing.

It could be because the feeds are in Hebrew - I am not sure if they would work. I suggest contacting the dev directly through "Lockinfo settings > Contact the Developer" to ask about this.

Can you get any of the previously posted english feed links to work?

Hi - had a look at those feeds and couldnt get one to work for me sorry! Tried a few different ones too - but got nothing.

It could be because the feeds are in Hebrew - I am not sure if they would work. I suggest contacting the dev directly through "Lockinfo settings > Contact the Developer" to ask about this.

Can you get any of the previously posted english feed links to work?
    Thanks for the help,
    It's probably the Hebrew... engadget feed works well

I think I will contact the dev on this.

Here's a gizmodo feed:
    Code:
    http://feeds.gawker.com/gizmodo/full
    and kotaku:
    Code:
    http://feeds.gawker.com/kotaku/full
    Last edited by oo3; 2010-02-07 at 09:47 PM.

Yes, there seems to be issues with feeds that use extended character sets (hebrew, chinese, japanese). I'm not quite sure why, yet.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

Yes, there seems to be issues with feeds that use extended character sets (hebrew, chinese, japanese). I'm not quite sure why, yet.
    I can confirm that chinese news feeds wont display either. But is not an issue for me - just confirming it.

Hi,

Just wondering if the mail preview window suppose to show images
    That are embedded in the mail, Cause I cannot see them.

Thanks,
    Komar

Hi,

Just wondering if the mail preview window suppose to show images
    That are embedded in the mail, Cause I cannot see them.

Thanks,
    Komar
    I dont think it does display images - I just tried a .jpg & .gif and it wont display them. It did bring up the message that you have to launch email to preview images.

I dont think it does display images - I just tried a .jpg & .gif and it wont display them. It did bring up the message that you have to launch email to preview images.
    Thanks for the reply

I was asking this because i saw that the RSS feed shows images.

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast