Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

That is the original reason I posted - I emailed the dev about the 5 RSS feeds showing when I only have 1 feed I want to see.

His reply was the RSS had some bugs which he was working on.

At this stage you are stuck with 5 feeds - I couldnt turn them off.
    Thats why I stopped using the RSS plug in - bcos half my screen was empty feed lines..

ahhh i see well i have no further questions at this time thanks for the help it was much needed

no problem - sorry I was a bit all over the place - but I am at work - so was answering work phone, and trying to put RSS back onto my lockscreen at same time to see if I could get working again...LOL

hey its no problem at all i can wait i am not impatient haha yeah rss is a little buggy but i know the dev team will fix this in time i really think the dev team should make a second page to the lockscreen like the intelliscreen has maybe you should suggest that just a thought

i liked the intelliscreen just too complicated enough to set up

I havent used Intelliscreen for awhile - so is it a 2nd screen on lockscreen? or is it using the 1st page of springboard?

Lockinfo can be the lockscreen or homepage, I am only using lockscreen.

I think anyone can suggest to the dev David Ashman - there is a link in Lockinfo settings to contact the dev - just hit that and will open email to him.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So with this Google Feedburner thing, this is working really good for me. Now i can see those Feeds in Lockinfo.

@Murray, in Lockinfo Settings there is a option to Hide empty Sections so you see only the ones that are not empty. This really helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuvolari360 For This Useful Post:

murray23 (2010-02-04)

@Nuvolari360

Do you mean the one that hides all empty sections - like phone etc?
    I have that set off - so I see phone, mail etc even if no emails etc.
    I guess it is stupid to have it off - as I am seeing empty sections.

I was hoping to just turn off the 3-4 empty RSS feed lines without turning off all empty sections including mail, phone, sms etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i know, but i think right now there is no other option of hiding the empty feeds

I got a different problem. Sometimes the feeds are duplicated between the headings- So hotukdeals feed shows its content but so does the modmyi feed. Then this afternon all 5 feeds changed to the same feed heading. I have turned off and await update - Rest of app is great..

Hi folks,
    I'm having a little problem with the Lock Weather plugin:

As you can see it doesn't show the weather icon near the clock.
    Can someone tell what I need to do to fix it? Maybe download an iconset?

TIA

@5muggler - have you tried uninstalling the Lock Weather plugin, and then re-installing it?

The icons should be in there - you can check they are by looking here:

root/library/Lockinfo/Plugins/com.ashman.lockinfo.LockWeatherPlugin.bundle

I posted a new RSS plugin to MMI last night (not posted to the source yet). It should fix the disappearing RSS feeds and the empty sections.

For the weather icon issue, the center image uses the image that would have been the icon on the header for the other weathericon plugin. If you had somehow overridden that so that you had no icon there, it might be creating an issue. Though I can't think of how you would do that. Do you ever see an icon there? What theme are you using with WeatherIcon (if any)?

Also, if you update to the current WeatherIcon beta available on my beta source (http://iphone.ashman.com/beta/) your Lock Weather plugin will work again. I will release that as soon as I work out a couple more issues.

PS - murray23, you're a rockstar. Thanks for providing such great support on this forum. It's hard to track so many forums.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 2010-02-05 at 03:47 PM.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

cachehog (2010-02-06)

Just to inform you guys that vivid released an update both for appigo and 2do plugin. Now 2do plugin works like a charm!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

This was a good app.......... when it was free. Too much competition now to be charging $5 for a simple lock screen app that requires a LOT of user setup. Intelliscreen got away with it because it was click and go.
    Last edited by one1; 2010-02-05 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    This was a good app.......... when it was free. Too much competition now to be charging $20 for a simple lock screen app that requires a LOT of user setup. Intelliscreen got away with it because it was click and go.
    Who's charging $20 for LockInfo? It's $4.99, half the price of Intelliscreen.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Persons who were here from the start would know intelliscreen used to be $20. I'll edit to be more C-L-E-A-R.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    This was a good app.......... when it was free. Too much competition now to be charging $5 for a simple lock screen app that requires a LOT of user setup. Intelliscreen got away with it because it was click and go.
    don't buy it then. Actually it is very easy to setup. You do it all on the phone. The old way was a pain because you had to SSH into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    I posted a new RSS plugin to MMI last night (not posted to the source yet). It should fix the disappearing RSS feeds and the empty sections.

For the weather icon issue, the center image uses the image that would have been the icon on the header for the other weathericon plugin. If you had somehow overridden that so that you had no icon there, it might be creating an issue. Though I can't think of how you would do that. Do you ever see an icon there? What theme are you using with WeatherIcon (if any)?

Also, if you update to the current WeatherIcon beta available on my beta source (http://iphone.ashman.com/beta/) your Lock Weather plugin will work again. I will release that as soon as I work out a couple more issues.

PS - murray23, you're a rockstar. Thanks for providing such great support on this forum. It's hard to track so many forums.
    @Stimpy5050 - thanks for the info - look forward to update on RSS. Is great to get such quick updates, and replys from the dev.

Just trying to help the other users if I can...

The setup is very easy for Lockinfo - simple in fact, well worth the $5 I paid.
    Last edited by murray23; 2010-02-06 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks

Default News feeds
    Anybody get any of the news feeds working..cnn, yahoo, msnbc..ect? I can't.

Got it working..find a good url and then respring.
    Last edited by cdcool; 2010-02-06 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@cdcool - respring usually works for RSS, if not - I found changing Lockinfo's plug-in order would help and RSS feeds would then work

I havent got the update @Stimpy5050 mentioned he has submitted yet - hopefully that will help fix RSS problems.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

cdcool (2010-02-06)

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast