Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 & iRealQuickSMS 1.0.1.0

Default iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 & iRealQuickSMS 1.0.1.0
    Released 05-29-2009

ChangeLog:
    • 1)Enhanced QuickReply:
      ...Contains a new multi-line text field!
      ...Recieved SMS text is now scrollable without the white background for a more stock appearance
      ...Updated timestamp of incoming message
      ...Added character counter
      ...Updated Numerical indicator of new messages total
      ...ON/OFF option for CALL button on QuickReply
      ...ON/OFF option for hidden keyboard for a cleaner QuickReply interface
      ...NEW ability to HIDE QuickReply by pressing the HOME button! Tap status bar to UNHIDE! (This allows you to HIDE a quickReply so that you can unlock the phone or answer a phone call.. then you can pick up where you left off later. Its that easy!)
      ...QuickReply will now AUTO-HIDE when you recieve a phone call.
      ...Option to dismiss all QuickReply windows and mark as unread, just hold HOME button for down for 5 seconds

• 2)Enhanced QuickSend:
      ...Contains NEW HOTKEYS
      ...Updated contact search filter
      ...Added numeric DialPad keyboard
      ...Added iPhone Favorites List Access via button in QuickSend
      ...ON/OFF option for Favorites on QuickSend StartUp
      ...Larger contact search field for easier navigation

• 3)Add a SENT MESSAGE TONE to the QuickReply and QuickSend.

• 4)UI tweaks:
      ***Corrected new SMS sound while in iRealSMS
      ***Improved Blacklist
      ...New Status bar icons to signify NEW SMS and HIDDEN SMS
      ...Added Toggles for QS & QR features for even more customization!
      ...QuickSend is no longer tethered to QuickReply
      ...Replaced the SEND button in the QuickReply keyboard with a RETURN key (a lot of users were reporting accidentally sending the message unfinished because of that button)
      ...Added a 1 second minimum limit to user defined dim timer (to avoid situations where some people were setting the dim timer to 0 and not being able to unlock their phone afterwards cause the lockscreen would not light up)
      ***Fixed bug where some settings/options were grayed out!
      ***Fixed Bug where if you were typing a message in iRealSMS, then you answered a phone call, you would lose all your inputted text.. it now saves your inputted text to drafts so you can pick up where you left off

• 5)Compatibility with ABContacts

(*** = in iRealSMS only)

Click Here for a brief slide-show illustrating some of the features of this iReal update

I know it took a while, but we worked REALLY hard to make this release as bug free as possible. We have corrected every bug that has been reported. There were very few things that we could not correct at this time, but we are more than happy with the end product and I hope you will too. For those of you that participated in helping track down the bugs in the beta versions, THANK YOU! We will now be able to dedicate more time in the upcoming 3.0 update. So far its been a pleasure!

UPDATE: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 is now on the official BIGBOSS repo and all issues with vWallpaper have been resolved. Please uninstall the version from the BETA repo and install the official version from the BIGBOSS repo. Enjoy.

for support go to
    http://forum.irealsms.com/
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-02 at 01:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

sactownstar (2009-06-03)

Sweet! Thanks Rez!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Glad to see a great app just keeps getting better and improved... worth every penny!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Any idea when this will be ported to 3.0?
    Will there be an upgrade fee or will it be free?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

no timetable yet. It's being worked on though. And no upgrade fee.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats great news
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

great update but no auto-correct on quick compose?

:edit: jk it works now
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2009-05-30 at 10:55 PM.
    iLive an iLife

My auto correct isnt working in Qreply or Qcompose. and yes its turned on. gonna try an fresh install

Hey Reznor, loving this new update! Few suggestions to make iReal even nicer:

1. iRealSMS app
    SMS background also in folders (inbox...), in single sms view (from folders), in Search SMS and in conversations overview. That would really improve iReal's optical shortcomings.

2. QS's Double Home with Menu:
    - pressing phone to bring up favorites (not just phone app)
    - pressing ipod to bring up ipod controls, if ipod is running
    - if possible adding a 4th field, which user can assign any other app with (in iReal's Settings)

Btw, is there anyway to make QS and QR work with emails? Maybe as a standalone extension? That would be huge!

Thanks for all the work you've put into this project! The dev's lucky to have you as a spokesperson

PS to those having a problem with autocorrection:
    Rebooting solved it for me
    Last edited by Enkidu; 2009-06-02 at 06:55 AM. Reason: stoned

I got the auto correct to work and at the same time i noticed that if you press the home button on a QR mesage it will store it and to re open it you can click the status bar. Thats cool! The status bar icon needs to be touched up for sure though. The Remider one is polished and nice but for some reason i cant get it to work like that, it either shows both or just IRSMSs'

UPDATE: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 is now on the official BIGBOSS repo and all issues with vWallpaper have been resolved. Please uninstall the version from the BETA repo and install the official version from the BIGBOSS repo.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Hey Reznor, loving this new update! Few suggestions to make iReal even nicer:

1. iRealSMS app
    SMS background also in folders (inbox...), in single sms view (from folders), in Search SMS and in conversations overview. That would really improve iReal's optical shortcomings.

2. QS's Double Home with Menu:
    - pressing phone to bring up favorites (not just phone app)
    - pressing ipod to bring up ipod controls, if ipod is running
    - if possible adding a 4th field, which user can assign any other app with (in iReal's Settings)

Btw, is there anyway to make QS and QR work with emails? Maybe as a standalone extension? That would be huge!

Thanks for all the work you've put into this project! The dev's lucky to have you as a spokesperson

PS to those having a problem with autocorrection:
    Rebooting solved it for me
    All great points! I agree with you on making the backgrounds customizable in all tabs in the next version. In 3.0 we are going to make some changes in how iRealSMS looks to make it more stock looking. And we will implement those changes to the other tabs as well to make them more visually appealing and more customizable by the user.

The double tap home hotkey with menu... I have given all those points to the dev previously(with the exception of the user defined app launcher) and he will implement those later into the 3.0 update as well.

Your idea about the emails, has been brought up in our future features request form, and we will discuss that at a later date... as I have yet to even bring that to his attention as I didnt want to add anything to the plate until we finished the current update which has been about a month behind schedule do to some speed bumps we hit along the way. But I will mention it to him sometime soon. Thanks for your input and support!
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-02 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    I got the auto correct to work and at the same time i noticed that if you press the home button on a QR mesage it will store it and to re open it you can click the status bar. Thats cool! The status bar icon needs to be touched up for sure though. The Remider one is polished and nice but for some reason i cant get it to work like that, it either shows both or just IRSMSs'
    How did you get the auto correct to work in QR?

**Edit** Disregard. Should've searched the ireal FAQ first.
    Last edited by vporter; 2009-06-02 at 07:28 PM.

So any chance of QS and QR in landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by awri View Post
    So any chance of QS and QR in landscape?
    There is always the chance. We havent even started experimenting with that yet, but it is something we plan to try at one point. But dont expect it in the first version to hit 3.0... we want to nail down the current features first, redesign the main app a little, and add some more new features.. but landscape keyboard on the springboard is a major project that will require more time than we have before the release of the 3.0 firmware(unless the 3.0 firmware has a landscape keyboard already available in the springboard that we can easily hook into).
    So although it wont be on the launch release of iRealSMS 3.0, it is definitely on our radar.
    I'll update you if I find out anything new about that.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-03 at 07:29 AM.

irealquicksms doesnt seem to log the sent messages in the stock message app?

It does for me...I just sent myself a text and I received it and I went into the appleSMS app, and it was there, in all its glory... So unless your using quickSend while in the AppleSMS app, your pretty much always going to have those results

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

quickreply on lockscreen not showing up after the update. restarted phone, checked settings in the program - all is on. ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Gonna download again later today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    quickreply on lockscreen not showing up after the update. restarted phone, checked settings in the program - all is on. ideas?
    It also just made my phone restart when I got an email. The phone was locked over on the counter and the email fetched while I was over here and it rebooted the phone. Never had this issue before the update. We'll see if it does it again.

Still have no quick reply on lock screen.

It also just made my phone restart when I got an email. The phone was locked over on the counter and the email fetched while I was over here and it rebooted the phone. Never had this issue before the update. We'll see if it does it again.

As per the lockscreen issue with quickreply:
    Possibly the plist is not working right. I had this problem a long time ago and how I solved it was uninstall iRealSMS.
    then I navigated to the mobile/library/preferences/
    and I deleted the com.spiritoflogic.iRealSMS2.plist
    then I rebooted, and proceeded to reinstall iRealSMS..
    This fixed the issue for me and quite a few other people.
    I'll check my past emails and see if there was any apps that conflicted with it... but I really cant recall off the top of my head.

the email fetching causing a reboot... this is the first time I have ever heard of this issue, so Im clueless there.

Oops! I was thinking you wrote QuickSend wasnt working on the lockscreen. But you obviously wrote QuickReply.
    But I can cancel out a couple things I was thinking.

So this is only effected on the lockscreen? It works when the phone is unlocked?
    Do you have any lockscreen apps that are running like intelliscreen?
    Did you update or install anything else at the same time when you upgraded iRealSMS that may have caused a conflict?
    If I come up with anything I will reply here... and I will also check with the dev to see if he would know off hand what may cause that behavior.

I just PMed you a possible solution. let me know if one of them works.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-04 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast