Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 & iRealQuickSMS 1.0.1.0

I'm so happy to hear about the exact replica of stock SMS/MMS platform. IrealSMS has all the functionality that anyone could ask for, expect i honestly could handle the UI of conversation mode in irealsms so im using the stock SMS and irealquicksms for QS and QR.

Another thing and maybe this isnt an isolated incident but when i was using the irealsms conversation platform and i kept it open during conversations, it would still give me the reminder tone as if i had a new message waiting, and if i closed irealsms it would go away.... i hope that is fixed too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I think only 3G and 3GS iPhones will have MMS compatibility.
    booo!!! i understand that this is probably out of your control though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if this has been covered or not.. but in QS the auto correction does not work. It works well in QR, with the exception of bug posted about the canceling of the auto-correction, just not in QS. For example, if I type a lower case "i" it will not capitalize it, it does this with any word that I misspell.

Any fix or work around?

Quote Originally Posted by vporter View Post
    I don't know if this has been covered or not.. but in QS the auto correction does not work. It works well in QR, with the exception of bug posted about the canceling of the auto-correction, just not in QS. For example, if I type a lower case "i" it will not capitalize it, it does this with any word that I misspell.

Any fix or work around?
    go into iReal settings, toggle autocorrection OFF then ON.
    Respring.
    That should work

Thanks

so when the JB for 3.0 becomes available, will irealQUICKsms be available? this was my favorite app for my phone.. i hope it works on 3.0 ...

I know iRealSMS 3.0 will be available in beta format... but I havent spoken to the dev about iRealQuickSMS... I will see if he will push that out too in beta format.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

hey reznor. i am having an issue with the time displaying next to each msg. its wrong. is that a known bug or should i uninstall and then reinstall?
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

i installed the beta, it keeps crashing my SB

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    i installed the beta, it keeps crashing my SB
    This is in the Releases Section on our forum but I'll post it here too... this should get you back up and running until we can fix the bugs.
    I apologize as I didnt have an iPhone at the time that I could beta test the new product with, because with my 3G I was unable to use the firmware beta 5 without losing my unlock and with my 2G I wasnt able to get the kernel patch required for the mobile substrate to work correctly... Had I been able to beta test this over the past 2 weeks I believe these problems would have been solved already, I barely was jailbroken last night. I know this is frustrating, but remember this is a public beta, and I take pride in this product so believe me that I will be on top of these things for you guys.
    All will be worked out in due time. Thanks for your patience and again, sorry for any inconvenience this is causing anyone.

This is only applicable to the 2.0.9.0a beta on the 3.0 firmware.

Bug Fixes:

• Auto-Correct in QuickReply & QuickSend work!

KNOWN BUGS on 3.0 firmware:

• 1) CRASH BUG - if AppleSMS set to default the springboard will crash to safe mode. (the only way to get out of this cycle aside from uninstalling, is to SSH or use a file browser to delete the com.spiritoflogic.iRealSMS2.plist file)

• 2) possibly a side effect of deleting the plist, but I noticed that my toggles were out of sync in settings, so even though some were ON, they werent working so I had to toggle them OFF then back ON.. and vice versa... backgrounder was toggled OFF, but it was actually active, so I had to toggle it ON then OFF.

• 3) Home Button will not hide QuickReply or QuickSend while on the lockscreen.

• 4)CRASH BUG - When in QuickReply settings, if HIDE KEYBOARD is OFF, the QuickReply seems to crash randomly(until I can find a pattern), but I highly suggest you leave the HIDE keyboard ON for now.

• 5) The QR Hide animation is a little off from where the status bar caption bubble is located when using the new Numeric Battery Percentage Tweak

Any status on a fix? I can't find the plist to change. Do I need to have it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Any status on a fix? I can't find the plist to change. Do I need to have it installed?
    no need to change any files an update is out on cydia
    FOR 3.0 FIRMWARE USERS:
    We have updated the iRealSMS 2.0.9.0C beta and also added the iRealQuickSMS 1.0.2.0B beta to the repo! Both are stable.. but still need some work but are completely usable! Check the ireal site for more details

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    no need to change any files an update is out on cydia
    FOR 3.0 FIRMWARE USERS:
    We have updated the iRealSMS 2.0.9.0C beta and also added the iRealQuickSMS 1.0.2.0B beta to the repo! Both are stable.. but still need some work but are completely usable! Check the ireal site for more details
    Thank you, sir!

I just upgraded to 2.0.9.0d but haven't noticed any changes. Is there a change log anywhere for the beta releases? Just curious.

goto iRealSMS - your REAL native landscape SMS app on the iPhone • Index page and then to the iReal Releases section.. there you will find changelogs on all official releases and betas.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I just installed the latest beta from the repo and have had a couple of issues:

After installing I immediately rebooted the phone as suggested. I then went into the settings and adjusted them to my preference. I had to relaunch the app every time I adjusted each setting as it would crash each time. It did however keep the setting I modified though.

And now when I launch Quicksend with the Volume up option I get an overlay on the contacts that are displayed which will not allow me to choose the topmost contact. You can scroll the contacts down and visually watch the uppermost contact appear from behind the overlay, but when you release the scrolling the top contact rolls back up under the overlay. The overlay starts right underneath the input box where you type contact names.

To All:
    The prior release was not compatible with the 3.0 firmware but an update is now available! The official versions are now compatible with the 3.0 firmware and are now on the bigboss repo on cydia... so if your running a beta version, then you must uninstall that prior to installing the official as they are not compatible for upgrade. Thanks for your patience and support!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I just installed the latest beta from the repo and have had a couple of issues:

After installing I immediately rebooted the phone as suggested. I then went into the settings and adjusted them to my preference. I had to relaunch the app every time I adjusted each setting as it would crash each time. It did however keep the setting I modified though.

And now when I launch Quicksend with the Volume up option I get an overlay on the contacts that are displayed which will not allow me to choose the topmost contact. You can scroll the contacts down and visually watch the uppermost contact appear from behind the overlay, but when you release the scrolling the top contact rolls back up under the overlay. The overlay starts right underneath the input box where you type contact names.
    if the problem isnt solved in the new version, then just respring once, and the problem should disappear.
    It seems to only happen right after a reboot of the device... but we think we have solved this issue. thanks for your report.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-26 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2009-06-26)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you very much for the heads up! It threw me for a loop that it shows 2.0.8.5 in the Bigboss repo, but once installed it is actually 2.0.9.0

And my overlay bug is gone and now I can use the settings without any crashes. Props to the devs.

Reznor,

When i reply to a QR from the lockscreen it will not clear that message as read. I had a 12 message conversation and when i opened to springboard it said i have 12 new messages and i replied to all of them. I tested it with myself and sent my self one text from lockscreen replied to it and i closed the second one. So if you close the text at lockscreen it will clear the message but if you reply to it, it wont.

FYI for a fix!

hope to see sms privacy soon!

Thanks D to the M..

Thanks

was gonna buy a license for it.... but damn, you can only purchase the FULL iRealSMS, instead of just the iRealQuickSMS?
    wasnt the iRealQuickSMS a few dollars cheaper?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast