Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4 & iRealQuickSMS 1.0.1.0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

after the reinstall it rebooted me again from the lock screen one time after a few minutes. seems to do it from a fresh upgrade/install. dunno why, but I have reproduced it twice so far. long as it doesn't continue, I don't care.

Will PM you about the previous version V/S new one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok, so I downloaded from The BigBoss repo and five minutes later went to buy the full version off the website and got a serial number. Do I have to wait till the initial trial period is up to use the full version? Would be really lame since I already payed. -.-

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awri View Post
    So any chance of QS and QR in landscape?
    Yeah, I'd like that, too. Though I prefer to type in portrait mode, it would be nice to get at least quickreplies in landscape so I don't have to turn my phone when I'm reading something in Safari or playing a game or whatever.

But there are still other features I'd rather see in iReal before this, so I can wait.

BTW, I just noticed that my phone hasn't crashed into safe mode in a couple of weeks. After the update that supposedly "fixed" that problem, it still happened a lot. I guess it really did fix it, though because I can't remember the last time it happened.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I've looked all over the place trying to find the last version. Anyone have it?

At the moment that only way I can have this work correctly is to run with everything turned on. background, compatibility, everything wide open.
    Last edited by one1; 2009-06-04 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sactownstar View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded from The BigBoss repo and five minutes later went to buy the full version off the website and got a serial number. Do I have to wait till the initial trial period is up to use the full version? Would be really lame since I already payed. -.-
    no... just hit the purchase/activate button in the settings menu of iRealSMS and then it will prompt you for you paypal email. Enter that and it should popup that the app is successfully registered.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Yeah, I'd like that, too. Though I prefer to type in portrait mode, it would be nice to get at least quickreplies in landscape so I don't have to turn my phone when I'm reading something in Safari or playing a game or whatever.

But there are still other features I'd rather see in iReal before this, so I can wait.

BTW, I just noticed that my phone hasn't crashed into safe mode in a couple of weeks. After the update that supposedly "fixed" that problem, it still happened a lot. I guess it really did fix it, though because I can't remember the last time it happened.
    Yes, we patched that memory leak... so iReal shouldn't be responsible for any more safe mode crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I've looked all over the place trying to find the last version. Anyone have it?

At the moment that only way I can have this work correctly is to run with everything turned on. background, compatibility, everything wide open.
    I just PMed you the link.

anyway to get this free?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    no... just hit the purchase/activate button in the settings menu of iRealSMS and then it will prompt you for you paypal email. Enter that and it should popup that the app is successfully registered.
    I had used iRealSMS before the update a month or so ago but it was deleted from my phone after some mishaps. The purchase/activate button is non existant, so does that mean I didn't have to pay and that I should've just chosen the update instead of the 2.0 version?

Edit: How do I know I have the LATEST and FULL version? Will it say "iRealSMS 2.0.8.4" under settings?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dejisk8er View Post
    anyway to get this free?
    really? don't be cheap, this is the best purchase i've made for my phone to date.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dejisk8er View Post
    anyway to get this free?
    yes, but your not going to find it anywhere here
    iLive an iLife

I had used iRealSMS before the update a month or so ago but it was deleted from my phone after some mishaps. The purchase/activate button is non existant, so does that mean I didn't have to pay and that I should've just chosen the update instead of the 2.0 version?

Edit: How do I know I have the LATEST and FULL version? Will it say "iRealSMS 2.0.8.4" under settings?
    If you dont see a purchase activate button in the settings of iReal, that means that means that the app recognizes the phone as having a valid license. So you should be in the clear. And yes, if the settings shows 2.0.8.4, then that is the latest

Thanks

There goes 10 bucks.

There goes 10 bucks.
    PM me your iPhone serial and your paypal email.
    If I show 2 purchases for the same iPhone, I will see if I can get the dev to issue a refund for one.

Thanks

Alright, I will when I get home. Last day of sophomore year right now in my computer graphics class.

Hey Reznor, can I get this license to work on another phone? (aka my brothers phone)
    Last edited by sactownstar; 2009-06-05 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alright, I will when I get home. Last day of sophomore year right now in my computer graphics class.

Hey Reznor, can I get this license to work on another phone? (aka my brothers phone)
    Yes. That would not be a problem. Just pm me your paypal email and the serial number of your brothers iPhone

Yes. That would not be a problem. Just pm me your paypal email and the serial number of your brothers iPhone
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-06-06 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

sactownstar (2009-06-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone
    really? don't be cheap, this is the best purchase i've made for my phone to date.
    This and PdaNet are definitely the two top apps.

Quote Originally Posted by sactownstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone
    don't be cheap
    Tell your bro to buy a license, too. It's only $10, and iRealSMS is totally worth it. In fact, I'm going to donate again once a setting is created to put quick replies in reverse order (meaning new texts go behind old ones so you're not interrupted with your current text if someone else texts you in the middle of it) and when we stop getting quick replies while the SMS app is open and the phone is asleep. By that I mean, if you have Apple's SMS app set as your default in iRealSMS and you have Apple's SMS app open when you turn your phone off, if someone texts you and you unlock your phone, the message appears in the SMS app, but a quick reply comes up, also. It doesn't do that in the iRealSMS app.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    This and PdaNet are definitely the two top apps.

Tell your bro to buy a license, too. It's only $10, and iRealSMS is totally worth it.
    I think he is referring to the fact that he accidentally purchased the app twice... so instead of a refund on the 2nd purchase he wants to transfer the extra license to his brothers iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I think he is referring to the fact that he accidentally purchased the app twice... so instead of a refund on the 2nd purchase he wants to transfer the extra license to his brothers iPhone.
    Yup.

Does anyone else experience lagg when using this? If so, does anyone know any methods to reduce lagg? Thanks.
    Last edited by sactownstar; 2009-06-08 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm would say this has probably already been covered, and if it has i am sorry.

When trying to cancel the auto correct in QR or QS, it doesnt let me continue with the word im typing by pressing the X. it will correct the word when i hit the X.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    I'm would say this has probably already been covered, and if it has i am sorry.

When trying to cancel the auto correct in QR or QS, it doesnt let me continue with the word im typing by pressing the X. it will correct the word when i hit the X.
    This is a problem we could not solve in the 2.0 firmware... it has something to do with multi-line text fields on the springboard... the autocorrect would spaz out! Even other apps such as FastNotes in SBSettings would do this too... so bad news is that we still havent found a fix for this in the 2.0 firmware...

GOOD NEWS is that this problem does not exist in the 3.0 firmware!
    So this will be working as it should in the next release of iRealSMS 3.0!

Also I want to quickly update everyone that iRealSMS has been successfully ported to 3.0 and has maintained all of its current features!

The conversation UI as promised has beed cosmetically updated and is now an EXACT replica of the 3.0 AppleSMS application to include all its functions, to bring me to my next announcement...

MMS is 100% working in iRealSMS! But I beleive that we are still bound by the limitations of the 3.0 firmware, so although I havent confirmed this with the dev, I think only 3G and 3GS iPhones will have MMS compatibility.

By what I could get from the dev, the iRealSMS 3.0 update should be ready by launch day of 3.0 firmware! But I will speak to the dev and confirm that and report back.

Only another couple days... Im pretty excited!
    Thanks for your continued support!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the autocorrection bug too.

My work around is to add an extra letter to the word I want and then press backspace to erase the extra letter. The autocorrection will then disappear.

Oddly enough it doesn't have this bug all of the time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast