Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] QuickLock to lock screen from your screen by clicking on icon

Default [RELEASE] QuickLock to lock screen from your screen by clicking on icon
    Hi All,

I've released today QuickLock. It is a simple app to lock the screen by clicking on an icon on your screen (alternative to pushing sleep button).

It should be available in Cydia in a couple of hours.

Regards,

Zotyo

Screenshot: http://lockdockbar.googlecode.com/files/QuickLock.jpg

Last edited by zolee; 2009-05-08 at 05:59 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zolee For This Useful Post:

aussiebob (2009-05-10), cpjr (2010-03-25), iBlade (2009-05-09), m.o.r. (2009-05-09), soulthoughts (2009-05-09), wim66 (2009-11-27)

Thank you. I've been looking for an app like this so I can set it as a double click home to lock button, since my normal lock button is getting warn out. :-). I hope it'll be 3.0 ready when thats released. ;-)

I've just noticed that if you are in a call, go back to main page (while you are still in call), quicklock screen, the screen goes black, and you stay in the call.
    This is useful if you are talking on the phone on the speaker for a long time to save some battery

been waiting for this!

i changed the icon to be be clear and set it up as the top left icon, clicky, lock!

This is awesome, thanks a lot!

BTW do you plan in continuing development for StatusNotifier?

thanks a ton, zolee, for releasing such a simple and perfect app! as always, your release works great!

it's not really an issue but i'm just a bit curious though, why doesn't it make the lock sound when QuickLock is used to lock the iphone? locking the iphone through SBSettings' lock feature still gives off the lock sound even though no hardware button is used. nevertheless, having QuickLock and its benefits won't make me miss that sound anyway.

m.o.r.

Does it make any sound if you lock your phone using the sleep/wake button?
    Mine doesn't. Is there any stupid settings to enable/disable it?

Zolee

zolee, yeah it makes a locking "click" sound when we use the sleep/wake button. maybe you just have it turned-off on yours (the toggle is at Settings>Sounds>LockSound).

after using quicklock for some time now, it's already got a permanent spot on my springboard's 1st page. yeah, it's really a big deal to finally have this great simple app. thanks!

[QUOTE=m.o.r.;4111881]zolee, yeah it makes a locking "click" sound when we use the sleep/wake button. maybe you just have it turned-off on yours (the toggle is at Settings>Sounds>LockSound).

It's always good to learn about iPhone features. Probably I turned it off on the day I bought the phone.

[quote=zolee;4113731]
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    zolee, yeah it makes a locking "click" sound when we use the sleep/wake button. maybe you just have it turned-off on yours (the toggle is at Settings>Sounds>LockSound).

It's always good to learn about iPhone features. Probably I turned it off on the day I bought the phone.
    But still, the lock sound is not really linked to the action of pressing the sleep/wake button because while it definitely does not sound with QuickLock, it does sound when locking with SBSettings. I wonder what's the difference between the two ways of locking that affects the sound
    Last edited by marcoiac; 2009-05-09 at 06:32 PM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

When I set it as a double click home to lock button it doesn't work. It also doesn't work if I put it in a category. It's like it only works on the springboard. :-(

I do like this app alot, thanks. Works faster after second time using when you rebooted your phone. Thanks again Zotyo :-)
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

I'm using it and love it. My case makes it a little harder to get the lock button. This eliminates that problem. Thanks given.

I have aupdated version, wheer it physically emulates pushing/releasing the sleep button.
    Now the clicking sound works and hopefully eliminates other issues.

I'll post it to Cydia next week (just in case I have other issues coming up)

Here is a link if you don't want to wait for Cydia
    upgrade:

http://lockdockbar.googlecode.com/fi...honeos-arm.deb

Copy to your iPhone, ssh and type "dpkg -i QuickLock_0.1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb"

Zolee

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zolee For This Useful Post:

Cuongnd (2009-07-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome thank you.
    Might save wear and tear on the button.
    Quicker to lock now when in a car cradle!
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Quote Originally Posted by zolee View Post
    I have aupdated version, wheer it physically emulates pushing/releasing the sleep button.

upgrade:

Zolee
    working perfectly!

There is no real application executable, just Springboard catches the action when you click on the icon, and locks the screen without launching any app, so there is no flash to animate the app in/out. When you put it in Categories, there is no real application to run.

I've added a real executable to the app directory, so now there is a real app, which can lock the screen. From Springboard it still works like before, but now it even works from Category.

Could you check if it before I post the update? Don't you think from Categories the app animation is kind a annoying (the lock doesn't happen immediately)?

Here is the link for the update:

Zoltan

Quote Originally Posted by zolee View Post

upgrade:

Zolee
    When I set it as a double click home to lock button it doesn't work. It also doesn't work if I put it in a category. It's like it only works on the springboard. :-(

Thnks. I'm testing now...

There is no real application executable, just Springboard catches the action when you click on the icon, and locks the screen without launching any app, so there is no flash to animate the app in/out. When you put it in Categories, there is no real application to run.

I've added a real executable to the app directory, so now there is a real app, which can lock the screen. From Springboard it still works like before, but now it even works from Category.

Could you check if it before I post the update? Don't you think from Categories the app animation is kind a annoying (the lock doesn't happen immediately)?

Here is the link for the update:

Zoltan

23. The Following User Says Thank You to zolee For This Useful Post:

yBlaze8 (2009-05-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast