Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convert your iphone MP3 to ringtone...

Great app! Works flawlessly on 1.1.4.
    One question, are the artists ordered in a specific order? Mine show up all jumbled, would it be possible to order it by name?

Yes DRMized songs will not be converted ... sorry...

@blaze: its on my todo list

Quote Originally Posted by skrew View Post
    Yes DRMized songs will not be converted ... sorry...

@blaze: its on my todo list
    Thank you for the clarification, and its no problem at all. I am pleased to have this functionality back on my iPhone. Thank you

Note to DRM Users:

This is an easy way to get the DRM off your songs, just burn them to CD from iTunes and re-rip them for Ringtones. The loss of quality does not matter, the iPhone's speaker is going to mess it up no matter high high quality the file is :P

And maybe not limit the ringtone to 30 secs? I use them for my alarms as well, and somedays i like letting the song finish.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    doesn't work for me on 1.1.3 ziphone (iTunes activated) with the Suid lib fix

i can open the app, and tap a song, the song starts playing and then when i click convert the thinking wheel pops up for about 2 secs then disappears and i cannot find the newly made ringtone ANYWHERE, i even browsed around in winSCP and couldnt find it, so im assuming the program is not working
    I have this same problem

Omg lol, I have a replica of that guitar...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaPearl View Post
    I have this same problem
    refresh your sources and update to version 1.3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBucket101 For This Useful Post:

GrandmaPearl (2008-03-12)

I'm on 1.1.4 and have installed Cydia, fake BSD Subsystem. I installed the SUID lib fix and then installed Ringtone. Its doesn't work. I uninstalled the SUID lib fix and installed the Ringtone alone.It Doesn't work too. Could any one give me some suggestion? Thanks in advance!

i made a new icon for those who may want one.

great app

If it don't work with 1.1.3, read instructions here :
    http://i.danstaface.net

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

GrandmaPearl (2008-03-12)

v1.3 works! Thanks a lot!!

I've found that the ringtones that I make, I can't hear through the ringtones folder, but if I click on a contact in my phone part, and click on ringtones, I can hear the ringtone.

I've noticed that if you delete/add ringtones after deleting your first, they don't show up in your phone's contact ringtone's list until your restart your iphone.

An editor to be able to select the portion of your mp3 to make into a looped ringtone would be handy.

hey,
    please add the support for all songs instead of artist.
    thanks
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

great app

thanks

help...i cant find the app...i have installed your source, and refreshed a million times and it shows that skew is a source but i cant find the app??? any help would be greatly apperciated!!

if I sync will the ringtones be deleted?

Hmm... I had it working, but I had to restore my iphone when summerboard freaked out on me, and now it's doing the thing that it was doing for GrandmaPearl (songs not showing up as ringtones anywhere and the converting apparently taking 2 seconds). I am using version 1.3 and I did install that SUID thing too.... any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This will NOT work for me. I'm on 1.1.4 and I can download the program, and the BSD thing. I can see all my songs on my iPhone, but when I go to convert, I see the 'converting' thing for about half a second, then I go to my ringtones menu and nothings there.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by BK1Jammin View Post
    This will NOT work for me. I'm on 1.1.4 and I can download the program, and the BSD thing. I can see all my songs on my iPhone, but when I go to convert, I see the 'converting' thing for about half a second, then I go to my ringtones menu and nothings there.

Any help?
    same thing for me. I also installed the SUID fix on my iphone 1.1.4. Anybody can help.

Bk1 and arpit: I didn't change anything from yesterday when I had those problems, and now it's working for me perfectly.... Maybe just leave it for a day?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast