Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convert your iphone MP3 to ringtone...

to fix your stock and converted ringtones not working you need to ssh in and run this

chown 0:wheel /Library/Ringtones

Just tried this software. It is amazing!! worked flawlessly on firmware 1.1.2 iphone jailbroken.

Love the ability to cut the song anywhere in the middle of it and choose stop point as well.

Brilliant piece of software, I think i will donate to this one for sure!

Mazor

DON'T know why but it killed my phone after i unistalled. I will not down load again.

+1 Great APP thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
    DON'T know why but it killed my phone after i unistalled. I will not down load again.
    Great decision

(j'ai assez de boulets en stock )
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

Quote Originally Posted by skrew View Post
    Great decision

(I have enough bullets in stock )
    Nice attitude, you're ruining people's ringtones and not offering ANY help. Do you even have any checks in your install script for redundancies?

Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-04-14 at 04:47 AM.

Sorry but when you got 100 emails who said:
    ringtone display "you are running out of space please read FAQ on .....
    what i do?"
    You get bored!

When you got ~ 300 mails with people insult you because think ringtones have killed iphone and see in bugreport iphone with 0 byte (yes 0, not 1!) space free, you get bored!

When you see people like you said this software killed iphone, when others people said it work fine, and don't offer any help for helping me to fix, you get bored

And finally, when i see people said i don't offer any help, when i past ~ 2 hours / day writing mail, connecting via vnc for repairing installer application error (what about space checking ???? i don't care about "featured applications!"), all on me free time, i get bored.

So yes, if you think this software suck, just don't install it never again, it give me more time for doing other things.
    If you want to help me, don't just say on forum "it killed my iphone its suck"...

Nota: for 2.8x version i have telling people to help me beta testing before release... i got 4 mails... yes, 4 ... for ~ 400 download / day... So don't tell me about offering help ... you just make me waste my time again..
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

the program seems to kill all sound coming from my phone fw 1.1.4 (ringtones, ipod, phone, etc). its happened twice, making me have to restore everything back to stock. has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by edw1nk View Post
    the program seems to kill all sound coming from my phone fw 1.1.4 (ringtones, ipod, phone, etc). its happened twice, making me have to restore everything back to stock. has this happened to anyone else?
    can you provide me a VNC access when you have this problem, so i can see what happen ?

edwi1nk : please try 2.84 version and launch sanity check. Its run script who fix permissions.
    Last edited by skrew; 2008-04-15 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by edw1nk View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Is there any fix beside restore?

please try first with 2.84 ... run sanity check and when its done, re-try...
    Do you know about how to use ssh ? vnc?
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

Updated to 2.84 but sounds in ipod, phone, ringtones, etc is still not working.

..and yes, i do know how to use ssh

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

drm

flipto : can you contact me by mail .. thanks
    (check your PM)

For flipto (many thanks to him), all sounds worked again after uninstalling Caterpillar.

To anyone have the same problem (all sounds gone), have you caterpillar installed too ?

edit :
    After googled a bit, i have found this article, dated from 26 march (so before 2.8x ringtones) :

http://babygotmac.com/a/review-caterpillar-for-iphone/

"On my iPhone, when Reminder was active I was not able to hear any sound at all from my phone. Not a beep, click, tap, voicemail, song or anything. I uninstalled, reinstalled and eventually disabled Reminder and was able to regain that functionality"

flipto used reminder too.
    Last edited by skrew; 2008-04-16 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

penguin_tri (2008-07-14)

Reminder in Caterpillar is causing the sound problems. Just disable it and everything will be back to normal.

i didnt have caterpillar installed when it happened the second time on a restored iphone. not sure if it matters or not, but i jailbroke it with iliberty+ the second time it killed my sound. so far so good after ziphone 3.0 and most recent update of ringtones. lets see what happens in a few hours/days.

::Skrew:: PM me with your msn and ill let you know if anything happens

@Screw..
    Talking of FW 1.1.4 and version 2.84 and only Call Ringtones
    # Only the Direct ringtone function works. But the name of the ringtone doesn't show up neither in the delete list of the program nor in the Settings/Sounds list.

# Other function edit and convert don't work..like name appears on the both places(Settings and the program) but no sound and not even the apple installed sounds work.

But your one of the previous version was good......

@Screw..
    # Only the Direct ringtone function works. But the name of the ringtone doesn't show up neither in the delete list of the program nor in the Settings/Sounds list.

# Other function edit and convert don't work..like name appears on the both places(Settings and the program) but no sound and not even the apple installed sounds work.

But your one of the previous version was good......
    Last edited by valentino1870; 2008-04-16 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just updated to the newest version and now whenever and make new ringtones, the ringtone will start maybe about a third to half a second before the point I designated. In the older version, it used to be dead-on precise?

Quote Originally Posted by valentino1870 View Post
    @Screw..
    Direct ringtone don't convert song, so you don't see it anywhere as is use directly your library song. If you want to use stock ringtones, just switch off "Enable ringtones!"

Quote Originally Posted by valentino1870 View Post
    Its always problem with permissions ... i think to remove completly sound converting as it don't work for some users...
    its really boring me.
    You said it don't work now for you, and others people say "2.83 don't work but with 2.84 sounds are back"...

Its make me mad !

do you can connect with ssh on your iphone ?
    Last edited by skrew; 2008-04-16 at 08:47 PM.
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2

SKREW - Great job... Great app!

Here's what I have noticed:

-Ring Tones built from songs purchased through itunes DO NOT WORK. It will say it is converting, but after it's done I have no sound.

-Preview mode does not work, after I select the start and stop times, I push "Preview Build" and it doesn't work....

- It's very difficult to move the button and or wheel around to select stop and start times. As soon as I select the song to build the tone with, the song starts playing and the botton never seems to stop where I want it to...

I like building my ringtones on the computer, converting 20-30 second clips of songs to ACC then renaming to .m4r and dragging to my itunes library. Again, this won't work with songs purchased from itunes... (and I am assuming they will close this loophole with 2.0)
    Last edited by dominic56; 2008-04-16 at 09:34 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast