Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remote Access your computer using iPhone

Default Remote Access your computer using iPhone
    I found an iPhone software that can let you access your remote PC from iPhone. It is very easy to use. No hardware requirement, no firewall settings, no router configurations, no ports need to be opened. The most important is it can be free download and install. Below is the step on how to use it:

1. Visit Gooer Remote Desktop Service and create an account at Gooer Remote Desktop Service. During registration,you need input your correct and valid email. The email is case sensitive.
    2. Download Gooer Host Software(http://www.gooer.com/download/Gooer_RDP.exe) and install it on the PCs that you want to remote access.
    3. Install GooerRDP from AppStore on your iPhone/iPod You can also install GooerRDP using installer or Cydia.
    4. Start GooerRDP program and access your remote PCs. (The website on Gooer Remote Desktop Service can only use one week for free, you can register another account and continue use it after one week.)

You can refer to Gooer Remote Desktop Service IPhone Client FAQ for detail information.

Nice post! However, I would recommend logmein.com for accessing computers from your iphone. You can add unlimited computers to to your logmein free account and use them as long as you want. I have been using this service for years and the iphone app is well developed (its from the appstore, named logmein ignition)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to truncj For This Useful Post:

deenybird (2009-04-20)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

truncj, So how does that work? You can do everything you can do on your computer on your iPhone? I mean, would you be able to use Internet browsers and stuff? Can you use Flash like this? I watched some video on YouTube with some guy using a chat program on his computer. Just trying to get a bit more info from this. :]
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-04-18 at 05:48 PM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Check out this link: Logmein Free

Just create an account
    Install the client
    Install logmein ignition on your iphone, or just go to another computer and login at logmein.com.
    You will be able to remotely control your pc.

That is really how simple it is.

Thanks

30$ for the iphone app
    holy smokes

Thanks

$30 for the app is worth it if i could create and modify microsoft word documents? Can i access and do microsoft word?

People don't seem to understand that these apps are remoting into your computer. They are not making your phone into a your "computer". It gives you control of your computer, including screen/mouse/keyboard and anything you can do with those input devices as if you were in front of your computer.

Thanks

to be honest, not really worth it, i'd rather wait a few hours till i get home to use my computer.

for long buisiness trips? use notes to type stuff :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

jaadu is easy to use and nice and fast