Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Really good memory conserving app

Default Really good memory conserving app
    Not an april fools joke!!!!!!!!!!
    This app was posted on thenovus.net forums. It has since been tested by various forum members and confirmed to work(including me).

What it does is that if your running low on memory, say you need 10 mb, the app will find 10 mb of memory on the ram that it can temporarily move to the hd partition, freeing up space.

In this manner i can background 4-5 memory intensive apps.

Please note that even tho it says 8mb used i can still background an app that uses more than that because it will allocate even more memory as needed. I have yet to test its limits but its about 5. I had skype, g-map(with gps tracking on), pandora, mail, and safari backgrounded. After that pandora would auto quit.

So lets get to the good stuff.
    Here is where you can download the latest release. I also suggest downloading the beat ismooth because my setup was tested with it installed.
    iDon't Crash

Place these files in Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries
    1)iDon't Crash.plist
    2)idontcrash.dylib
    3)boot.dylib
    4)ismooth.dylib
    5)iSmooth.plist

And these are the permissions

1)iDon't Crash.plist permissions 644
    2)idontcrash.dylib permissions 755
    3)boot.dylib permissions 755
    4)ismooth.dylib permissions 777
    5)iSmooth.plist permissions 777

Reboot and have fun backgrounding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ixbilalxi For This Useful Post:

namakemono (2009-04-02)

Default help with permissions
    just installed, haven't tested much yet, but rebooted and acting normally...

for those of you not so sure about permissions, and especially using cyberduck, see attachments for clarification of permissions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png   -picture-2.png  

This sounds almost too good to be true! (; But I'll give it a go!

At iDon't Crash there are 2 zip files iDont crash & ismooth. In iDont Crash is 2.1 b1g34i in that one there's only boot.dylib, iDon't Crash.plist, idontcrash.dylib & ReadMe.rtf

& in iSmooth (Beta 2WDD5)there's only \Bundles\com.apple.springboard & under that there are boot.dol, ismooth.dol & iSmooth.plist.

In your description you mention 5 files (iDon't Crash.plist, idontcrash.dylib, boot.dylib, ismooth.dylib & iSmooth.plist) where can I find ismooth.dylib?

Also, what's this about? Fraudulent App: iDontCrash STAY AWAY! | iPhone News, Help and Guides

EDIT: I've joined pr0x & in the forum El_Jabon (iDontCrash creator) is very vague & after reading the bigboss alert about this app I'm thinking this is fake, but I am no dev to say this is true..... Also El_Jabon said on 02-27-2009: "I am going to release the open source code in 2-3 weeks and it will tell all." well, it's been way over 2-3 weeks & no source..... so I'd say beware... But I have installed it since bigboss says this is a fake that does nothing, so I'm not too worried if it's a fake. So I'm going to check it out as the curious person that I am!
    Last edited by namakemono; 2009-04-02 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Cause I can! p:
    Don't be lazy, try yourself before nagging!

Quote Originally Posted by gbadude View Post
    I thought I'd seen this app somewhere before. Thanks for posting the warning.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

HA HA... HA HA... OH!... and HAHA.

there´s no ismooth.dylib to be found

I dont know maybe its a placebo effect then. But i was seriously backgrounding 4 or 5 apps without any crashing.

Ill remove the app and try the same thing again.

And for ismooth.dylib, just rename ismooth.dol to .dylib.

I have a feeling that bigboss didnt run it like i posted it. He seems to have packaged it into an app and then ran it.

EDIT: The bigboss tried this app in october of last year. Since then this dev has been pushing out updates. He isnt publishing his app everywhere so he doesnt appear to be anyone who would spread malicious code.
    And i just tried without the app installed and programs started crashing again. So it does work, i dont know how but it does seem to.
    Last edited by ixbilalxi; 2009-04-02 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post
    It has since been tested by various forum members and confirmed to work(including me).
    Good work, chump
    To live, you have to lie

new package has onl ythree files now -any comments on this?

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Good work, chump
    Huh...

No need to attack me, i was just posting about an app. And if you do go to that forum, you will see that at 2 other members have had similar successes as mine.

Anyways idon't crash consists of 3 files that you need and you have to separately download ismooth which has 3 files of which you only need 2.

EDIT: Redcard i went through your previous posts and you always tend to negatively criticize or tell people to stop being "cheap".
    So i dont agree with any of your posts and will thus respectfully ignore you without any name calling.
    Last edited by ixbilalxi; 2009-04-03 at 01:48 AM.

Please show a screenshot of the processes running using Memtool or Sysinfo...SBSSettings Processes info can be erroneous

Default It's still fake
    Guys this new version is still a fake! I emailed bigboss about the new version and he checked it out and says it's still a fake
    You can read it here: Yes idontcrash Is Still Fake | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    Man bigboss is like a guy from the myth busters! Thanks BB!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    Please show a screenshot of the processes running using Memtool or Sysinfo...SBSSettings Processes info can be erroneous
    Ya I want to see this. Processes is cool for killing backgrounder apps but I wanna see this at a system level.

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    Guys this new version is still a fake! I emailed bigboss about the new version and he checked it out and says it's still a fake
    You can read it here: Yes idontcrash Is Still Fake | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    Yeah thanks bb for confirming a second time. I was being naive but it seemed so good that i was ready to believe it.

SO i deleted and i can still background the same amount apps. Thanks. At least it doesnt harm your phone.

I wonder what the eljabon actually does

I feel like i took Airborne
    Last edited by ixbilalxi; 2009-04-04 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    A very brief summary of what I said in my post:

1) This is a gamecube binary that "El Jabon" downloaded off the internet. It isnt even made for iPhone

2) It does nothing but take up 10mb of your hard disk space.

I have gone into detail on my post and have also linked to the original post from October when "El Jabon" tried to pull the same stuff using a wizard generated app from xcode built only for the simulator that also did nothing. It's a very entertaining read. I enjoyed writing it.

PS: anyone that thinks this works is probably just experiencing the benefits of a fresh respring before memory gets really used up.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (2009-04-07), fatsnake (2009-04-04)

wow. makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. BB: when i do a FRESH RESPRING, I ONLY HAVE 35mb of RAM free. i can run up to 50mb worth of apps with idont crash installed (applying backgrounder to background apps). how can you explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    wow. makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. BB: when i do a FRESH RESPRING, I ONLY HAVE 35mb of RAM free. i can run up to 50mb worth of apps with idont crash installed (applying backgrounder to background apps). how can you explain this?
    screenshots or not true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post
    Huh...

No need to attack me, i was just posting about an app. And if you do go to that forum, you will see that at 2 other members have had similar successes as mine.

Anyways idon't crash consists of 3 files that you need and you have to separately download ismooth which has 3 files of which you only need 2.

EDIT: Redcard i went through your previous posts and you always tend to negatively criticize or tell people to stop being "cheap".
    So i dont agree with any of your posts and will thus respectfully ignore you without any name calling.
    You call that an attack??

Anyway, I'm surprised there hasn't been posts with more vitriol than mine, considering you claimed you 'tested' this program, when you did nothing of the sort.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    You call that an attack??

Anyway, I'm surprised there hasn't been posts with more vitriol than mine, considering you claimed you 'tested' this program, when you did nothing of the sort.
    I tested as an average end user would. I dont have any real computing knowledge to know if it really works. Of course everyone should do their own research to see if it works. I thought it was working because i didnt test backgrounding with a freshly booted idevice, but i had rebooted after placing the files and thus had more memory as I was initially starting the backgrounding.

If anything i cant have ruined anyone's iphone, made anyone pay any money, or done anything other give a little false hope.

And being called a "chump" doesnt play well in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast