Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New APT Packager - ICY by RipDev

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    They don't bash Cydia. They're implying Cydia is a heavy app. Which is all too true.
    Thats bull though. They bash cydia saying it is SO HEAVY at 32 MB... and praise themselves saying that ICY is only 1 MB...
    Sounds great... until you try and uninstall it.

You get a popup which states that uninstalling ICY will remove one or more packages that are required for continued operation of CYDIA or iPhoneOS!!!

Does that mean, that ICY is using all of Cydia resources to function?

So if Cydia was not installed, then ICY wouldnt be able to function?

It seems that ICY is piggybacking off of Cydia, and reaping its tools, but bragging that it is so light... thats like me complaining that Cars use so much gas, and that my skateboard can go just as fast using NO gas.. but only if I tie myself to the bumper of the car.

it also reboots my phone when I try to update the sources... LAME.. and now I cant uninstall it.. Im going to have to restore to get rid of it.. just like every other rip dev app Ive ever used.

i just got icy and i personally dont like it it wouldnt even load any packages

also has anyone tried juice drop?

iPhone? More like MyPhone chen1976's Avatar
    Thanks

**** app, well is this app? it just wont start on springboard. It has bugs and ripdev wont provide with simple fix etc. ****!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was almost sold on this app, but damn that is one ugly GUI... pure black+white? That seems a bit reverse to the whole iPhone idea. They could have very easily made the application far more themed to the Icy name... there was no need for a black&white gui...

The ability to cancel the installations/downloads of files is very welcomed to me, a much nicer view of the download/install section is also welcomed - however, the requirement that cydia be installed as well makes Icy useless...

If it didn't rely on Cydia's installation, then I may have considered it.

EDIT: Just installed it - it's worse then I thought... doesn't even use the main iPhone graphics... It still has the ugly blue gradient for selection, etc.
    Last edited by TDD; 2009-03-30 at 09:26 AM.

I like it, wont replace cydia though
    Signature cleaned...

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

its almost sounds like they are trying to sabatoge cydia IMHO !!! cydia is the best thing to happen to a jailbroken iphone
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Thanks

I like the look of it BUT I wouldn't use it. RipDev products aren't always the best coded.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Ya. They are playing catch up. Saurik seems to stay involved so I don't see Cydia going anywhere.
    Exactly

i think that uninstalling icy wont harm cydia or the phone

its only that ripSh!t decedied to label icy as an esentian package... it even showed up as an update when i added the source, and would automatically install if i pushed the upgrade button

I trust Saurik. He's continuously stuck with and supported the jailbroken iPhone community and is incredibly helpful if you have a problem.
    As the old saying goes: Kate has come and Kate has gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Heh, you think Cydia is charging for apps...... A packager by RIPdev would charge $30 per app for every app in it.

I didn't install ICY but I did add the ripdev repo and now I can't delete it. Any ideas?

i installed it yesterday, hated it, tried to uninstall, but it "threatened" to screw up iphoneOS & cydia, so i didn't uninstall. used poof to hide the icon instead. any good way to uninstall it without affecting iphoneOS & cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by iainmann View Post
    I trust Saurik. He's continuously stuck with and supported the jailbroken iPhone community and is incredibly helpful if you have a problem.
    As the old saying goes: Kate has come and Kate has gone.
    Saurik has sold Cydia to Bill Gates

Please tell me this is an April Fool's Day joke!!
    Last edited by ifini; 2009-04-01 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    Saurik has sold Cydia to Bill Gates

Please tell me this is an April Fool's Day joke!!
    Yes it's a April Fool's joke!! Look at the video
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ...installer was buggy from the start so you know.... rip dev doesnt have a great track record
    I disagree. For a long time, Installer was the standard and worked really well. Then it was sold to RipDev which is when it go buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    Yes it's a April Fool's joke!! Look at the video
    i'm really glad it's an april fool's joke!! i was so disturbed by the news that i didn't sleep well.

haha... anyway, who knows how to uninstall icy safely, without affecting iphoneOS & cydia?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

ok ok lets go back to the start when there was only installer. everybody loved it right. the along came cydia. everybody that tryed it had something to say about it. like how ugly it was or how long it took to download the sources. only the devs used it right. the only reason everyone uses cydia now is because it was the only thing available during the new jailbreak. if installer was ready most people would still dislike cydia. now that there is a prevue of icy it will probably be ready for 3.0. this means new features. there's a good chance it will be independent on 3.0 and if by any chance cydia isnt ready then icy will be the new in. people slowly changed to liking cydia and there's a good chance the same will happen with icy. also someone mentioned how it looks...if i recall rightly everyone was complaining about cydia's layout and its colors so if u give it a chance it could be the new cydia or the better installer. everyone hated cydia at first but now they love it. i wouldnt be surprised if the same thing happened with icy.

Quote Originally Posted by dracwy View Post
    i'm really glad it's an april fool's joke!! i was so disturbed by the news that i didn't sleep well.

haha... anyway, who knows how to uninstall icy safely, without affecting iphoneOS & cydia?
    just uninstall it

the only reason it warns about damagins something was cause it was labeled as ESSENTIAL (ripdev said it was a mistake.. and now that was removed on icy 1.1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast