Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cyder for iPhone

Could someone create a guide to how to make this work?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Yes it is, but there is a problem adding sources. It seems that only Yellowsn0w and iSpazio work. No packages from any other repo show up.

Edit: Figured it out, some websites, like MMi need to have the entire repo name which is "http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/Packages"

I figured it out from looking at this picture that is on the site

Edit 2: Figured since I put them all in manually, I would just post the sources that I got working here to make it easier for everyone (the only one that I couldn't get working was ZodTTD):

ModMyi:
    http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/m...s-arm/Packages

Yellowsn0w:
    http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/./Packages

iSpazio:
    http://www.ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt/./Packages

Edit 3: *Sigh* Another Edit.
    1. Basically I got all of the sources off of the iPhone by adding in 2 or 3 sources
    2. Then downloading some packages such as Clippy or something.
    3. After that I clicked on the Synchronization Tab
    4. Clicked on the arrow that goes from the iPhone to the computer and it added all of the sources from Cydia on the phone to Cydia on Cyder.

P.S. I tried doing that before I downloaded a package and it didn't work.
    Tried your directions, was able to add 3 sources, but they never actually worked. And couldn't sync it with cydia or my iphone...
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-04-22 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been playing with this program the last few hours on end. I decided its not worth it. You can TRY to install programs like Clippy that may need things like MobileSubstrate, and it'll let you go ahead with it; thus the program never working. Unlike Cydia where it'll download the prefaces for you.

Not to mention the "auto install" is very difficult to get working, found that it just made a jumbled mess of half installed stuff on my phone; so I just restored again and I'm going back to the good ole Cydia way.

The ONLY thing this program is good for IMO is browsing all of the repositories on a PC which is way faster when trying to obtain screen shots and the like. Thats what I'll use it for, but I'll search and install on my own in Cydia.

As far as you guys talking about the repositories, dont forget you can download the "all trusted" link in Cydia, then in the sync tab click the button thats a phone to PC and it'll sync all your repo's.

As far as instructions, these are the most helpful I found online, even though it involves another program. In my experiences with Cyder, using another program is necessary for autoinstall to work. I would suggest you do 1-2 at a time, not 40 or so like I did; that way you can test them all and make sure the icons actually show on the springboard (which is a problem sometimes). How to Install Cydia Apps without ANY Internet Connection | AllTechRelated

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TylerC161 For This Useful Post:

jannah (2010-10-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default English version of cyder
    Cyder.exe.zip
    HERE IS THE ENGLISH VERSION OF CYDER
    ENJJOY
    Last edited by brownboyzzz; 2009-07-09 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownboyzzz For This Useful Post:

jannah (2010-10-10), redwolf (2009-07-09)

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No mac version = fail.
    there are $h!t load of software are not in mac
    get a PC?...
    ModMy

When I try to use this, nothing happens...how can I make it talk to my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    crossover ain't all that and a bowl of grits either. The bottles don't accept a lot of software. Mac users don't buy mac's to run windows software. I have winxp pro on my mac so i can boot it - point and laugh - and turn it back off.

No mac version, no care.
    rotflmao!!!!!! Xd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12