Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDialer v3.0

Default iDialer v3.0
    iDialer v3.0 is available on MMi via Installer or Cydia.

Basically, this improves my smart dialer application to work with 1.1.3 and (hopefully) above.

It greatly speeds up load times and contact handling (ten times faster).

It indicates FAX numbers and can exclude them.

It works correctly with >1000 contacts.

It handles multiple contacts with the same phone number as separate entries to be searched for and retrieved.

Thanks to everyone that helped with developement, including tsatryan.

Please let me know if you have any problems.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-07 at 08:21 AM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I have just installed the application on my 1.1.4 phone via Cydia.

First, I think it's a great app, and a great concept. This is the first time I've used it (any version).

This is the only feature that I missed from my previous Windows Mobile device.

The only thing I noticed is there is a slight delay when pressing keys (assuming it's searching the AddressBook database). Also the app loads a little slow. It would also be nice to have a sound when keys are pressed.

The good thing is the app doesn't crash, and really does what it's supposed to. If there is any help I can provide in development please let me know.

Thanks again for the great app.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It doesn't show in my springboard...I'm using 1.1.3...any clues? Thanks!! Used it in 1.1.1 and would like to keep using it, cool app!!

Quote Originally Posted by chispito View Post
    It doesn't show in my springboard...I'm using 1.1.3...any clues? Thanks!! Used it in 1.1.1 and would like to keep using it, cool app!!
    What did you use to install iDialer? I suggest you install Cydia. Cydia intalls a far better version of the BSD subsystem. Apps run faster, install better, and many less errors. Also, install iDialer through Cydia, this is how I did it, and it works with no problem (on 1.1.4).

Cydia interface, options, and source refreshing all work much better than installer.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

Can u have Cydia and installer installed @ the same time?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    What did you use to install iDialer? I suggest you install Cydia. Cydia intalls a far better version of the BSD subsystem. Apps run faster, install better, and many less errors. Also, install iDialer through Cydia, this is how I did it, and it works with no problem (on 1.1.4).

Cydia interface, options, and source refreshing all work much better than installer.
    I installed it through installer...I will try Cydia...

You can have both Cydia and Installer.

MMi is modifying the package for Installer - what is happening is that the permissions are being set incorrectly for iDialer.app folder. If you have access, modify the permissions of /Applications/iDialer.app to 0755

Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    The only thing I noticed is there is a slight delay when pressing keys (assuming it's searching the AddressBook database). Also the app loads a little slow. It would also be nice to have a sound when keys are pressed.

The good thing is the app doesn't crash, and really does what it's supposed to. If there is any help I can provide in development please let me know.

Thanks again for the great app.
    Your welcome (Buy it soon from the AppStore )

I'm glad you didn't try an earlier version - this one loads ten times faster.
    Do you know how many Contacts you have? If you press * you should get a match and count for every entry in your AddressBook.

It is matching your current search string to all contact names and numbers each time you press a key. It is not actually accessing the database as I am using a Regular Expression match so that each digit matches all the letters associated. It would be interesting to delay the match for a fraction of a second in case you press another key.

I would like to play touchtones on each keypress (see readme.txt) but I have not yet figured out how to get the existing tones to play. It may not be possible to "borrow" those sounds.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-08 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pocket-sized Development

i'm confused on the two top left button

1. # -- R
    2. # --AB
    3. # -- R+AB
    4. N -- R
    5. N -- AB
    6. N -- R+AB
    7. #+N -- R
    8. #+N -- AB
    9. #+N -- R+AB

i know #=number, N=name,R=recent?,AB=address book

how does idialer searches with these combinations?

Quote Originally Posted by k1dr0ck View Post
    i'm confused on the two top left button

i know #=number, N=name,R=recent?,AB=address book

how does idialer searches with these combinations?
    Left button controls how what you type matches:
    # - phone numbers match the digits you type
    N - names match the digit and the letters beneath the digits you type

Right button controls where matches come from:
    R - Recent Calls
    AB - AddressBook

And you can have both both as #+N and R+AB.

Also, # matches any digit, and * matches 0 or more of any character, 1 matches 1QZ, 0 matches 0 ,./()-, and long 0 is + which is supposed to match + (but appears to be broken)

Press the + (Contacts) button for the the next match.

I see I need a better web page before I go commercial
    Pocket-sized Development

Hi there, first off, great app!

I however have had issues with the newest version of iDialer (3.01-1). When I first used iDialer (3.0) it worked fine for me. But then I updated to 3.01-k. That's when the headache started... I checked the permissions; they were wrong, so I set them right. I've been able to launch the app with Term-v100 (since I mostly tinker with my phone at work). I finally got home and remembered to SSH into it and get the terminal output. Rather than post the output in this thread, I put it up on 'Private Paste'. The link is HERE. Anyhow, I'm on 1.1.4 JB (not unlocked). I get the 'Loading' screen, then it crashes to the springboard (when I attempt a 'normal' launch of the app.) I hope that this helps with the development of the app!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

NetMage (2008-03-20)

Can you verify you have /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db on your phone?
    Pocket-sized Development

I do , would you like a copy of it?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

That's ok - since it exists it must be a permissions issue.

can you tell me result of ls -l on that call_history.db?
    Pocket-sized Development

I've messed with the permissions on the callhistory file. I set it to 755 and even 777 with no help, I'll paste the output from putty later

EDIT:

I finally got home and ran it through putty again, had the same exact output... Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2008-03-21 at 10:26 AM.

Bump! I really see the potential in this app, just trying to keep it alive

this is the application that makes my iphone complete, thanks.
    I have a few of suggestions that would make it complete:
    -make it search the recent dialed and missed calls first as most people call the same numbers over and over and will get an improved match rate.
    -make the results multiline so you can see if you are getting closer on your match
    -add a "save to contacts" button so you can save a number with no match

bump,
    any chance of seeing any of the above in a future version?
    Thanks again

The search order, probably.
    Multiline results - not enough screen space.
    Add to contacts - I am changing UI to leave that button free, but don't know that I feel like re-writing that part of the phone. We'll see - I have to totally re-write for the SDK anyway.
    Pocket-sized Development

well, a quick option would be to have a quick accessible button that takes you to the original dialer, that way you have everything related to calls and contacts in the fewest screen taps possible.
    If the search order would be changed, I for one, would not need any of the buttons above to quickly change what is being searched. This would probably be true for most users out there.
    One other enhancement i could see usefull would be, while in the search screen, when typing a number not already on your list, if you press green it should dial it anyway.
    Thank you, this is the only piece of software that makes using the iphone as a phone possible.
    Alex

Would be nice if iDialer had an exception for all international emergency numbers, or if the emergency numbers show up first when you dial them without having them stored in your contact list under AAA. I would prefer it if people who picked up my phone to call e.g. 911 didn't call my boss or something like that

It can also be solved by adding an option to always allow you to call the number you've entered or hit the plus-button to browse through relevant contacts, kind of like you do with xT9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast