Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VNSea

Unhappy VNSea
    I just noticed VNsea posted to the pxl repository (ibrickr). Looks like a native VNC implementation.

from http://code.google.com/p/vnsea/ :

VNsea is a graphical (duh) VNC client for the iPhone and presumably the iPod touch, based on Chicken of the VNC for Mac OS X. CotVNC is also hosted at SourceForge.

Right now it is only a viewer, primarily because I haven't had time to implement a good control interface. And it's pretty darn slow because a number of encoders are disabled, simply because I haven't had time to get them building and working. Also, please note that server passwords are currently stored in plaintext in the preferences file and shown unprotected on screen. These issues are the number one priority now that there is a minimal but functional interface for managing servers.

So far for me it just crashes and reverts to Springboard when i try to connect
    Last edited by amnesia; 2007-09-15 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

No windows version :0... /cry. Hopefully one will be added eventually <_<.

Just crashes and reverts to springboard for me too. Thanks for getting this app going though, I am excited for it once the kinks are worked out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ReidWings For This Useful Post:

MOSHO92 (2007-11-02)

Yeah, crashes for me as well. Looking forward to a working copy though.

I'm not sure what you guys are doing but it works on mine...

I installed Ultra-VNC on my home pc and connected to it from my iphone without a hitch.

Can't wait for being able to control the desktop.

Thanks for the hard work!!

Edit:
    It does crash for me if you don't enter a valid vnc server and you attempt to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahalo View Post
    No windows version :0... /cry. Hopefully one will be added eventually <_<.

Not too sure what you mean here? The pc I connect to in running windows and I could see my desktop without problems. You need to install a VNC server on your Windows machine. The protocol is standard so in theory any VNC implementation should work

-Steve
    Last edited by scr4p; 2007-09-16 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Those that have the app crashing, have you set the permission 0755?

I have it set to 755, yet it still crashes.

-edit-

1.2 works now!

After a couple addons and bug fixes, this could be a KILLER app!
    Last edited by phipman; 2007-09-17 at 05:07 AM.

This app shows great potential!

It's already 10x faster than the Safari solutions (HTML VNC, RDM+, etc.).

Obviously it's not very useful at the moment, with no screen panning or input, but once that is in place this app will rock.

BTW: The only time it crashes (or becomes unresponsive) for me is when I tap on a network that was not setup correctly (wrong IP, bad display setting, etc.).

--
    Mike

Default VNSea for Mac
    What must I install or enable on my Mac for VNSea iPhone to work?

I have Apple Remote Desktop sharing enabled, of course. What must I do?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

its up for download on installer app if you want to get it that way
    I am the MacBook Pro

when i connect to my linux vnc server, it just freezes. it shows the desktop, but i can't click anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

its quite fast!!!!

screenshot from phone....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_9000-19-12-00.png  

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    when i connect to my linux vnc server, it just freezes. it shows the desktop, but i can't click anything.
    As of right now it looks like it is a viewer only. I can't wait when you can actually interact.

-Steve

love the app, great work so far. Keep it up! This is one of those necessities.

Ok here are my reports on it:

1. Set up Ultra-VNC and connected, screen was garbled.
    2. Did some research and found out that everyone with a screen res of 1920x1200 had this problem (No clue why, but I wasn't the only one complaining of this)
    3. Set my res down to 1600x1200 and I was able to view my screen.
    4. Spent 10 minutes trying to open the fucking on screen keyboard through the start menu.
    5. Gave up.
    6. Tried to launch a game :P
    7. Couldn't get Steam open.
    8. Gave up.
    9. Turned off VNC.
    10+. Waiting for new versions :P

And there you have it. It works, but not well.

Quote Originally Posted by scr4p View Post
    As of right now it looks like it is a viewer only. I can't wait when you can actually interact.

-Steve
    really? I thought that too, but then I read some other people's on the forums posts that said they did interaction.

Like the guy above me, tried to open steam,etc.

For it to work with the Mac's built-in Apple Remote Desktop software, you need to check the "VNC viewers may control screen with password:" setting and set a VNC password. This can be found under the Access Privileges... button in the Apple Remote Desktop section of the Sharing preferences in System Preferences.

i really fail to see the functional usefulness of this app, telekenesis can do all this, even better at it (though no keyboard input ... but seriously .. it's useless anyways)
    it even has a built in iTunes remote that works better than the Apple remote ... j/k .. but close ..
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pengcm View Post
    i really fail to see the functional usefulness of this app, telekenesis can do all this, even better at it (though no keyboard input ... but seriously .. it's useless anyways)
    it even has a built in iTunes remote that works better than the Apple remote ... j/k .. but close ..
    you fail to see the usefulness of a VNC Client on an iPhone? I am dumbfounded.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Quote Originally Posted by GLOD! View Post
    you fail to see the usefulness of a VNC Client on an iPhone? I am dumbfounded.
    ok .. how's about explaining to me then .. why is it useful?
    Have u used Telekenesis?
    Best Regards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast