Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8.2 release -- couple of questions

Question iRealSMS 2.0.8.2 release -- couple of questions
    There seem to be several "alert" settings in the new release and I'm looking for clarification as to what each does. For example:

Under "UI Settings" there is an "Alerts in iRealSMS" toggle, but under "Advanced Settings" there is also a "Show SMS Alerts" toggle. What is the difference between the two?

Also, is anyone else noticing the lack of auto-correction when using the QuickSend feature? I have the "Default Auto Correction" toggle set to ON in the UI Setting.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    There seem to be several "alert" settings in the new release and I'm looking for clarification as to what each does. For example:

Under "UI Settings" there is an "Alerts in iRealSMS" toggle, but under "Advanced Settings" there is also a "Show SMS Alerts" toggle. What is the difference between the two?

Also, is anyone else noticing the lack of auto-correction when using the QuickSend feature? I have the "Default Auto Correction" toggle set to ON in the UI Setting.

Thanks in advance.
    Alerts in iRealSMS: this toggles the popup you recieve notifying you of a new message while in the iRealSMS app.

Show SMS Alets: toggles the popup messages of incoming text. with this off you will hear a tone notification but recieve no popup or quickreply... just a newSMS badge number on icon.

and auto-corr in quicksend is bug in this version.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

eballesq (2009-03-23)

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I broke down last night and purchased this app. I too noticed the auto correction does not work when using the quicksend feature. A minor bug to me in the grand scheme of things. Very pleased with this app and this bug will be corrected in the next update.

Thanks for the info reznor...

I was also wondering what the sb dim setting is. Does it have something to do with how long the lock screen stays illuminated? If so, it isn't working for me. Mine just stays lit for 20 seconds (I have the 20 second lockscreen)

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    I was also wondering what the sb dim setting is. Does it have something to do with how long the lock screen stays illuminated? If so, it isn't working for me. Mine just stays lit for 20 seconds (I have the 20 second lockscreen)
    Yes, but you have to UNINSTALL the 20 second lock screen from cydia or it will override our code.
    Do that, and then set the user defined timer in the settings and it will work

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah. I noticed the update...yesterday? Or was it released the day before?

It's perfect now. Well, almost perfect. If the dev would fix the auto-correct thing in quicksend.

Also, I don't like how the stock SMS app opens now when I get a new text and I unlock my phone. Before, I would stay on my homepage if I was on my homepage and I could just quickreply and turn my phone off and it would be back how I left it. Now I have to press the home button when I'm done texting to go back.

BTW, I have the stock SMS app set as the default. I only want to use iRealSMS now for forwarding, until we get forwarding in 3.0.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post

It's perfect now. Well, almost perfect. If the dev would fix the auto-correct thing in quicksend.

Also, I don't like how the stock SMS app opens now when I get a new text and I unlock my phone. Before, I would stay on my homepage if I was on my homepage and I could just quickreply and turn my phone off and it would be back how I left it. Now I have to press the home button when I'm done texting to go back.

BTW, I have the stock SMS app set as the default. I only want to use iRealSMS now for forwarding, until we get forwarding in 3.0.
    working on it chris and glad your not one of the users that has a lot of bug complaints... this release has actually surfaced a couple bugs... so for those of you that havent upgraded, i would suggest you wait till the next version comes out.

as for iRealQuickSMS... it works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    working on it chris and glad your not one of the users that has a lot of bug complaints... this release has actually surfaced a couple bugs... so for those of you that havent upgraded, i would suggest you wait till the next version comes out.

as for iRealQuickSMS... it works like a charm
    After all is said and done, I've found I prefer iRealQuick with the stock SMS app. I think that will carry me over until we see what 3.0 is all about.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you please fix the issue where deleting the iRealsms database also deletes the stock sms database of texts? I would prefer it to leave my stock texts there.

Either that or change the wording so the it lets users know that if you delete the iRealsms database it will also delete your texts in the stock app as well.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Yes, but you have to UNINSTALL the 20 second lock screen from cydia or it will override our code.
    Do that, and then set the user defined timer in the settings and it will work
    Oh cool! Thanks!

Also, with this version, a lot of my texts are staying unread. For example, if I reply in quick reply, I still have the little sms balloon in my status bar. There's no badge with a number on the icon, but in iRealSMS there's that blue arrow next to whoever I just replied to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone have a problem with their keyboards when texting landscape? my landscape keyboard is only half the size and is on the left side of the screen.

nevermind its just a bug on my iphone...must be conflicting with something just not sure what...
    Last edited by choihyun; 2009-03-25 at 09:18 AM. Reason: update

hello. version 2.0.8.3 has been sent to bigboss. This is strictly an update to address bugs with the 2.0.8.2 version. No new features have been added.
    Should be available tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post

both problems should be fixed in the update.

What do you think of our new QuickReply?

Its still in beta, but looks better than before.
    Includes timestamp, total number of quickReplys, character counter, multiline text field & scrollable text field for received text.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-26 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i was just going to request time stamp in quick reply!! that's awesome! when can we expect a release?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Intresting. I might have to give this a shot now that quick reply is working and everything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compnerd88's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there any way to make it so that after you REPLY to a text via QuickReply.....that the particular message no longer shows as a new / unread message in the app itself?

Just gets irritating that after ive replied to the message with QuickReply.....i still have to launch the app and view the message to get rid of the Status bar icon and the Springboard badge thing

I think that if you REPLY (and only reply) to a message with QuickReply....that the message should no longer appear as new inside the app itself

Let me know if there is a way to do this

-Compnerd88

I finally purchased my key for full access, and updated to the new version.
    Wonderful work!

My only problem is the Double-tap Home for Quicksend.
    I enabled it, even rebooted my phone. Double-tap Home doesn't bring up Quicksend.

I conduct all my business on the iphone because I am always on the go. (Track packages I shipped or returns to me, process credit cards etc)
    Reply to emails, Answer calls and with quickreply I can be on a phone call while answering to an email and if I recieve a text message I can reply to it all while not leaving the email screen.

Amazing and totally worth the money.

@COMPNERD:
    make sure in options you have ALWAYS MARK AS READ is toggles ON

Quote Originally Posted by ZML View Post
    I finally purchased my key for full access, and updated to the new version.
    Wonderful work!

My only problem is the Double-tap Home for Quicksend.
    I enabled it, even rebooted my phone. Double-tap Home doesn't bring up Quicksend.
    Go into your iPhone settings--general -- home button -- make sure it is set to either iPhone favorites or iPod. Then it will work.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-27 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

reznor -

i updated yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find that the time stamp for quick reply was already included! great work to yuo and the dev!! ireal is almost perfect for me! i have a couple questions though...

1. Would it be possible to include a favorites or recent list in the quicksend window to eliminate the need of having to type the name of the recipient every time? maybe this could be the last five recipients, or a list determined by the user or.... quicksend and reply are amazing features, this small tweak could make them even better for me! i don't even know if its possible and still keep the plug-ins light weight.

2. has there been any preliminary discussion about the upgrade to 3.0? is it going to to take a rewrite of the code to make ireal compatible? i assume this would mean an upgrade charge.

keep up the great work!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast