Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8.2 release -- couple of questions

Am I the only one here having problems with the auto-correct @ quicksend and quickreply?

I do have auto-correct enabled (using the beta), but whenever I DON'T want an autocorrection, I just can't get rid of the suggestion by clicking the X, therefore, auto-correct doesn't behave the way it does in every other application (and inside the main iRealSMS app).

Quote Originally Posted by punkstar31 View Post
    Am I the only one here having problems with the auto-correct @ quicksend and quickreply?

I do have auto-correct enabled (using the beta), but whenever I DON'T want an autocorrection, I just can't get rid of the suggestion by clicking the X, therefore, auto-correct doesn't behave the way it does in every other application (and inside the main iRealSMS app).
    no... its a bug. It works but in a strange way. We hope to get it working correctly soon. If you want to know a work around, shoot me a PM or hit up the faq at forum.irealsms.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

punkstar31 (2009-04-01)

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    no... its a bug. It works but in a strange way. We hope to get it working correctly soon. If you want to know a work around, shoot me a PM or hit up the faq at forum.irealsms.com
    Checked the forum out, thanks for helping me out.

I've found another work-around too, but I feel it's stupid (my work-around).

Anyway, I've been testing since the first 2.0 beta, and this has to be the most stable iRealSMS release I've tested.

Nice to see things get better as time goes by.

Tell the other dev Andrew Syn says hi.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

(this space for rent)
    Last edited by one1; 2009-04-06 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Well I am dropping my IREALSMS and hopefully going to be using just the apple sms in landscape mode when 3.0 is released. I have paid for Irealsms from day one and with the latest update they have put a callback feature in that pings their server and my phone to test for any cracked versions which is fine, but NOT fine when it causes my phone to send "irealsms demo mode" texts to people when it costs me to text and I take the time to type the text, then RE-type it HOPING it goes through.

Their checkback in the newest version is just causing me headache when it glitches and as a paying customer I'm not going to be bothered with such annoyances with them trying to nanny and punishing the paying customers.

Irealsms can shove it and I'll keep my money when the next version update comes out. It's embarrassing when it glitches, time consuming, and costly for me paying for only 200 texts a month..... I need every one of them and don't need to be spending my time retyping and praying it works.
    Whoa... thats the first occurrence Ive heard of that happening.
    There was a bug that effected a few people in the 2.0.8.2 update, that made the code injected in the sms.db foul out the app(the iRealSMS app, not the AppleSMS app) in some circumstances. We tried to address this in 2.0.8.3 upgrade and even the 2.0.8.4b beta.. but for some people the code will not repair.

A lot of people(Id like to say 100%) have found success in uninstalling iRealSMS
    deleting 2 files manually... the
    com.spiritoflogic.iRealSMS2.plist in the
    var/mobile/Library/Preferences folder
    and the sms.db in the
    var/mobile/Library/SMS folder
    (OF COURSE DOING THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR SAVED SMS MESSAGES:BACKUP DB JUST IN CASE)
    and allowing the AppleSMS to start a new one.
    reinstall iRealSMS
    it will ask you to verify your account again.
    then it will ask you to reboot.
    This has fixed just about every problem reported since 2.0.8.2(which was apologetically a really buggy release)

Hope you will give this a try and try out iRealSMS again... since you already have a license. It would be a shame to lose you(a respected member as yourself whom has helped many of us time and time again) as a customer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12