Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone slow opening apps

Default iphone slow opening apps
    It just seems overall slow. What can I do? I have a jailbroken phone. Are they any programs that will speed things up? Or maybe I need more free ram?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lbjandai View Post
    Or maybe I need more free ram?

Correct, first thing you need to do is install SBSettings... by BigBoss, in cydia. In there you can use the "Prefferences" widget to close out Safari or Ipod after every time you use them. (they usually dont close, even after hitting the home button.) the next thing you need to install is "MemTool" this is an advanced version of what many of us know as TaskManager, used with Windows. you can download this from Cydia as well. MemTool is in ispazio's repo.

After that is done, you need to determine how many Mobile substrate plugins you have installed (ie. all the apps that run in the background: lock calandar, dock, intelliscreen, quickSMS, liveClock, notifier, quickgold, Stack, and especially Winterboard) all these apps are always on, in return using ram.

Determine which of these is the least you use and uninstall them, that should start to speed things up.

You can always check how much ram you are using through SBSettings, This is in fact an app that runs in the background, but not much ram used, and definitely worth it, for all the functionality it brings. (*sbsettings does not have an icon when you install it, it can be activated by swiping your finger across the taskbar on the homescreen.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
    MrB

PS. the more themes you use with Winterboard, the more ram you use.
    Last edited by mrblader; 2009-03-20 at 10:04 PM.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

i have sb settings, but see nothing labeled "preferences". I hit "more" and don't see anything about safari and ipod - all i see is set toggles, extras, hide icons, dock applications.

I'm sure he meant 'Processes' this is a toggle u can download off cydia. Activate toggle in sb settings 'more' then 'toggles' u can then do what 'Mrblader' said. ;-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chr1s_888 For This Useful Post:

mrblader (2009-03-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s_888 View Post
    I'm sure he meant 'Processes' this is a toggle u can download off cydia. Activate toggle in sb settings 'more' then 'toggles' u can then do what 'Mrblader' said. ;-)
    oops, sure did mean processes, thanks chris... totally forgot it was a d/l widget..
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)