Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyProfiles by Intelliborn (Rockyourphone)

Default MyProfiles by Intelliborn (Rockyourphone)
    Has anyone tried this app?
    Seems to work well, except for one situation.
    In the Home(night) profile I have the ringer set to off, however when a call comes through, it still rings. Strange part is that it rings with the default Marimba ringtone, which is not the ringtone I'm using.
    Anyone have any issues with this app?

I've heard others mention the Marimba thing, but that hasn't happened to me. My issue is not being able to create any new "time rules."

Generally speaking, though, the app is pretty cool.

I just installed MyProfiles. I was haven't been able the check time schedules yet, but has anyone got the repeat alerts to work -- I tried it, but they just will not repeat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slewis41 View Post
    I just installed MyProfiles. I was haven't been able the check time schedules yet, but has anyone got the repeat alerts to work -- I tried it, but they just will not repeat.

Thanks
    They apparently fixed the time rules issue with a recent update (0.81), but I'm having problems with the alerts as well. One of my e-mail alerts will play the selected sound, but none of the others I set up will (they'll vibrate and I'll get the alert notification icon, but no sound). I haven't tried to have the alerts repeat.

Seems like they're working on the bugs -- still 6 days left on my trial.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Am I guessing right that this sets up times of day that alerts will be sounded? Most annoying thing about the iPhone is to be waken up by an email at 3am. I have shut off email sounds for that reason. Its bogus that Apple doesnt have this setting built in IMO. I hope 3.0 has it, as I cant rely on a JB'ed beta app to handle this.
    Last edited by steaky; 2009-03-17 at 08:55 PM.

I had the same problem. I had the Work (Charging) profile enabled to not ring. but i tested it and it still rang. and it would constantly change profiles on me. And some of the stuff i just couldnt figure out what it meant.

I wound up restoring and removing all of the RYP stuff from my phone. MyProfiles was pretty good, but it still had glitches and I felt it was slowing down the phone's performance. I also didn't like the "you can't uninstall our software" mentality of RYP. I'll stick with the App Store and Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    I also didn't like the "you can't uninstall our software" mentality of RYP. I'll stick with the App Store and Cydia.
    Yeah, what's the deal with that? You cant uninstall without restoring your device. Seems they need an uninstaller for those who decide they dont want RYP anymore.

I can say, MyProfiles has improved and has become very reliable for me. I do try to keep the profiles fairly basic (Based on TIME only), but the custom SMS and email alerts is what I really wanted to begin with, profile changes are secondary to me.