Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    I just updated and I can still use the double tap on the home button.
    same here, i love this app and its only goin to get better, im just waiting on that update from iblacklist so that i can use quickreply and ill be happy!!!
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    You probably have a message that didnt register as read.. to correct this, launch the iRealSMS main app, click the SMS tab at the bottom, then go into your INBOX, hit EDIT, and tap "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ."
    Thanks for the help reznor9,Also yeah your right about the tilt,i even made a picture to show you on other thread. here it is

iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Im glad you like it... Sorry you dont currently like the volume button QS feature. I'll be speaking to the dev about adding home button option of some sort. Until then, volume it is... you know that a double tap of volume button will turn off QuickSend and allow normal volume controls?
    About your blacklist... Not sure if its a programing bug(always a possibility), or user error(you might have accidentally added her when you were erasing your SMS conversations.) I'll watch to see if others are having similar problems. We will update it till its bug free. Thanks for your support

Have you updated? This should be resolved in the 2.0.8.1 update launched this morning.
    refering to the SEND button issue, not the CLIPPY
    The update did the trick! Thank you..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Video of the double tap of home button working for anyone who can't get it to work. or can only get it to work sometimes. Works every time for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDouxagS-pM]YouTube - iReal sms 2.0.8.1[/ame]

Double-tap on the home button to be confirmed working.
    A fast double-tap brings up Favorites, a slow double-tap brings up quicksend.

Since I only used QuickGold for looking up Contacts for SMS/call, I've since uninstalled QuickGold because quicksend does the job perfectly for both SMS/call.

1 comment on the "Close" button of quicksend. I find that this button clutter up the UI a bit. Hitting the home button will close quicksend anyway so it's sort of redundant.

Thanks for the great updates!

One small bug:

I've noticed iReal is capable of requesting Sent Notification, at least by automatically adding the code before sending the SMS (great great great!!). Unfortunately, this works only in the full blown app, not in Quick Send or Quick Reply. A fix of that would be great.

Well, this and doubletap home for QS and you can count me in for the purchase

Video of the double tap of home button working for anyone who can't get it to work. or can only get it to work sometimes. Works every time for me.

YouTube - iReal sms 2.0.8.1
    Thanks for you effort of putting a vid online
    Problem is, the QS window still opens on volume up, right?

Btw, which winterboard theme do you use? Looks quite nice!
    Last edited by llew; 2009-03-06 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    what repo is everyone getting 2.0.8.1 off of?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    what repo is everyone getting 2.0.8.1 off of?
    bigboss repo
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post

Thanks for you effort of putting a vid online
    Problem is, the QS window still opens on volume up, right?

Btw, which winterboard theme do you use? Looks quite nice!
    It's called minhimalist.
    Whoever makes it is always updating it with new apps.
    You can download it from cydia.
    I also have a mobileme theme along with it. Looks very nice together.

Edit : Yes, Volume up still works. Sorry.
    Last edited by llj1137075; 2009-03-06 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

It's called minhimalist.
    Whoever makes it is always updating it with new apps.
    You can download it from cydia.
    I also have a mobileme theme along with it. Looks very nice together.

Edit : Yes, Volume up still works. Sorry.
    Thanks a lot, mate! Looks great, indeed!

I've nevertheless enabled Quick Send, I think that I can get used to it. (temporarily, until there is an option for double-tab home only )

I must say, the more I use iReal, the more I like it. It already sits in my iPhones dock-area

Quote Originally Posted by eclau View Post
    Double-tap on the home button to be confirmed working.
    A fast double-tap brings up Favorites, a slow double-tap brings up quicksend.

Since I only used QuickGold for looking up Contacts for SMS/call, I've since uninstalled QuickGold because quicksend does the job perfectly for both SMS/call.

1 comment on the "Close" button of quicksend. I find that this button clutter up the UI a bit. Hitting the home button will close quicksend anyway so it's sort of redundant.

Thanks for the great updates!
    No problem. Glad you like the updates. I too only used to use quickgold as a quick call app. And I thought, when developing quicksend, while we has re contact list loaded for messages, why not kill two birds with one stone and take advatage of this for calls as well. I uninstalled quickgold right afterwards too.

The close button has a function that differs from closing it with the home key. Close button closes Quicksend and clears any data you may have punched in. Home button hides quicksend bit does not clear data so you can pick up where you left off if you didn't have time to finish that long SMS. Good observation though.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-06 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My quickcompose isn't coming up anymore.

Any ideas? Was working fine this morning.

And reznor, my only request for irealsms would be to make quickreply look nicer with a bigger text box like bitesms! If quickreply looked nice I could get rid of bitesms alltogether!

Could you ask the developer about this?
    Last edited by carlbgc; 2009-03-06 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    My quickcompose isn't coming up anymore.

Any ideas? Was working fine this morning.

And reznor, my only request for irealsms would be to make quickreply look nicer with a bigger text box like bitesms! If quickreply looked nice I could get rid of bitesms alltogether!

Could you ask the developer about this?
    Cant think of why just quicksend isnt working... check the advanced settings and make sure that ENABLE QUICKSMS is toggleed ON. You have to have DEFAULT SMS APP toggled ON as well. So if your trying to use it in conjunction with BiteSMS, it may be conflicting... not sure though as Im not sure if this is the case.

As for your request on the QuickReply text field... I think that can be arranged. Then it would match the text field that QuickSend has. Ill set it up and see if it can make the TODO list. Hopefully we can make some UI and visual enhancements so to sway you from BiteSMS all together.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Reznor, PLEASE pass this on to the dev! I HATE getting a pop up notification that I got a new text while I'm in iRealSMS if I'm not in the conversation of the person who just texted me. Same I'm talking to Bob and Bill sends me a text. I get a pop up showing me Bill's text and I'm interrupted with my text with Bob and I have to press ok to keep talking to Bob. Apple's SMS app just makes a sound or vibrates to let you know you got a new text and you can respond to it when you're done texting Bob.

PLEASE ask the dev to install a setting that turns off the pop up. Also, if it's possible, I'd like to be able to press Send while inside iRealSMS and either go back to my homepage or another conversation while the message is sending, just like Text.app does. It's really annoying how my phone freezes up and won't do anything until the message is sent. This is the only reason I might buy the lite version which will let me simply use the standard SMS app with quickreply/send. If this is fixed, I'll never use Apple's SMS app again.

EDIT: And about volume button/quicksend. I know a lot of people don't like quicksend opening when you press the volume up button, but I think it's great. Other than overriding your iPod (or whatever) for double-tap, there's really nothing you can do about it. I'm glad you can just press the volume button again and the quicksend window closes. If anything, please just come up with a setting that can stop quick send from coming up when you press the volume up button, but don't get rid of it completely. I love it! =]

EDIT2: Oh, I also wish pressing the home button wouldn't close quickreply. Sometimes I'll be exiting an app at the same time someone text me and it'll close quickreply. Then I have to go into iRealSMS to read the text and make my reply. :/
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-03-07 at 02:17 AM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

@CHr!$

You bring up a good point. I too dislike the popup while in the conversation. It is annoying. I'll definayely try to get that removed completely as I don't think anyone really likes it.

As for the phone not slightly pausing while sending a SMS. Not sure if it's avoidable right now, even the stock SMS app does this, but they have a progress bar run across the screen to keep you from noticing. but I'll ask.

As for the hotkey, I love the volume button too. Although a large enough percentage of users don't. So we will have to come out with a way to toggle between 2 hotkeys. One wing volume, and the other in guessing will have something to do with the home button. But we will have to discuss what could be a good alternative cause I think ipod controls shouldn't be overwritten. I'm positive we will find a good alternative. Thanks for your response

Green Apple
    Thanks

When I receive quick reply message and respond in IREAL, they still show up unread.

How do I fix this? I have tried all the settings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

reznor,

Sweet! =]

My stock SMS doesn't. When I press Send, the progress bar shows up and I can't text that person, but as soon as I press the home button, the app closes and my homepage is displayed, or if I press the Messages button, it takes me back to the list of conversations, while the message is still being sent. While using iReal, if I press Send after typing out a message, my phone freezes up until the message is finished sending. If I press the home button, the app doesn't close and I can't go to other conversations until after the message is sent.

Also, I completely forgot about this, but someone just called me and then another person text me. Not sure if this would be possible, but it would really be cool if quickreply didn't pop up while I was on the phone. Someone texts me while I'm on the phone and I can't hang up the phone when I'm done until after I either reply or close quickreply.

Wait! I just got an idea! Again, I'm not a developer in any way, so I have no idea if this is possible. This would solve two problems. If I press the home button while quickreply is showing, it closes quickreply and the message is marked as unread so I remember to go read/reply to it later. Well, I was wondering if it would be possible, since we have the volume down button available, if you could press the volume down button and the oldest unread message would pop up and you could reply to it. And after you replied to it, if you had any more unread messages, you could just press the volume down button again and the next oldest unread message would appear. If there are no unread messages, the volume down button would work normally. If you want to use the volume down button and not reply to unread messages, you could just press the volume down button again to close quickreply and keep it marked as unread, just like pressing the volume up twice in a row closes quicksend and turns up the volume.

I'm really not sure if you followed that, but I hope you did. iReal would have NO competition in text apps as it would truly be the best. =]
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Reznor, found another bug:

when using quicksend, if I choose more than one person to send to, it only sends to the first chosen person.

@CHR!$

Hmmm. I know what u mean when your talking about the stock SMS app behavior, but I don't know why your irealsms is acting the way it does. Mine will intact allow me to change conversations while re message is sending. It pauses for but a brief second but I can change conversations and exit. What firmware you using?

As far as using the volume down key. A lot of users already dislike the use of the volume up key so I don't think we will utilize the down. Although you wanted it to show the oldest SMS. What if I see if we can reverse the order in which messages are viewed so that the oldest messase is always on top,...that way you recieve the messages in their intended order. Not sure how easy that is, but I can try.

As far as no quick reply while in a call. I dunno. I enjoy being able to do so. And if you need to hang up a call without using the onscreen end call button, you can hit the sleep button(only works as long as you aren't using a bt headset)... In case you didn't know

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    Reznor, found another bug:

when using quicksend, if I choose more than one person to send to, it only sends to the first chosen person.
    Thanks! Didn't catch that one.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-07 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I too do not have problem with switching page or to homescreen while a message is being sent.

I also second the idea of making the quicksend or quickreply windows either just broader or just taller, but do not fill up the whole upper half of the screen. I personally prefer it to be broader :-)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast