Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Reznor, I might have missed it but is there going to be double tap home button for quicksend?
    You can already do this. Double tap fast and your iPod opens. Tap once and wait a slight moment and tap again and quick send will open.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    ill look into this and get back to you on it. so is this new update going to fix this issue with the lockscreen then? just wondering
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    By far, this is the best app I have ever bought. With every update it just keeps getting better.
    Thanks! We are glad you like it. It was fun making it

Reznor, I might have missed it but is there going to be double tap home button for quicksend?
    Ive mentioned it, but it hasnt really been discussed yet. I'll let you know when I know something

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    I just noticed that the official iRealSMS site as well as Cydia already has the 2.0.8.1 fixes in the changelog...maybe we just have to wait for the update to show up later tonight/tomorrow?
    Yup... Im waiting just like you! Im excited.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    You can already do this. Double tap fast and your iPod opens. Tap once and wait a slight moment and tap again and quick send will open.
    Umm.. this is incorrect. Your probably talking about another app.

Nope, surprisingly, that double tap trick worked for me. Nice find!

iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Love the update and the lockscreen quick reply feature, but there is one concern. How do we extend the time the lock screen remains open. Many times the screen will go black before I finish replying to a text.

There's an app in cydia called 20 second lockscreen, or something along those lines, that might be useful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea. Double tapping the home key does work. Surprise!

@reznor9
    Any word on a release time for the LITE version?

Great community work, btw

@ all iReal users, who also tried biteSMS

I am currently using biteSMS trial (until March 6th, omg that's today ) and I text frequently.

So far, I love the app, especially the QR function. But I would love to have a quick send/quick reply feature all the time and not just during 7 seconds after SMS retrieval. So what do you think? Should I wait for iReal Lite or switch over to iReal completely?

Thanks!
    Last edited by llew; 2009-03-06 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hay would it be possible to get the quicksend open with double tapping home from iPhone?(I know you talked about this already,so now you know how much people want it ,Also that home button trick now is sort of luck thing, because you sometime miss the click.) Because whenever i turn the volume up,it pop-ups and that's annoying,or if not the volume button,how about one tap of the POWER BUTTON?.Because when you tap home button,i think for most people the address book opens,but with taping power button,there wont be any problem.

Also @raznr9 any chance to get that tilt problem comment to the IRealSms people?
    Last edited by pakijawan; 2009-03-06 at 01:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i can confirm that double tapping the home button the way reznor described works for quicksend, give it a try
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

anyone else having a problem with this and clippy? the keyboard stops working once you use clippy in any form

No luck at creating a hotkey for double tap home key on the quicksend? If he could just implement the option like quicksms did that would be great. Hope you can pass the message on Reznor!
    Yes please

I'd also prefer real double-tap home to launch QS. A simple option for that in settings would be perfect.

BTW, am I the only one who wants to see iReal's settings located in the regular settings app?!? Many other apps already do this and it perfectly makes sense. iRealSms would feel much more user friendly, without its ugly settings part.

But maybe that's just me...

Hay when i click to make IRealSms icon on statues bar,It's sposed to only show when a new sms comes right? for me,states stays there even tho i read all the sms's.I even turned off the always unread option.am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    Hay when i click to make IRealSms icon on statues bar,It's sposed to only show when a new sms comes right? for me,states stays there even tho i read all the sms's.I even turned off the always unread option.am i missing something?
    You probably have a message that didnt register as read.. to correct this, launch the iRealSMS main app, click the SMS tab at the bottom, then go into your INBOX, hit EDIT, and tap "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ."

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    I'd also prefer real double-tap home to launch QS. A simple option for that in settings would be perfect.

BTW, am I the only one who wants to see iReal's settings located in the regular settings app?!? Many other apps already do this and it perfectly makes sense. iRealSms would feel much more user friendly, without its ugly settings part.

But maybe that's just me...
    I'll pass on the info.

Maybe a triple tap of the home button? Because I like to use ipodpop to bring up ipod controls with a double tap, but I too feel uncomfortable using the volume button.

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    @reznor9
    Any word on a release time for the LITE version?

Great community work, btw

@ all iReal users, who also tried biteSMS

I am currently using biteSMS trial (until March 6th, omg that's today ) and I text frequently.

So far, I love the app, especially the QR function. But I would love to have a quick send/quick reply feature all the time and not just during 7 seconds after SMS retrieval. So what do you think? Should I wait for iReal Lite or switch over to iReal completely?

Thanks!
    Thanks, Im trying to set up a message forum dedicated solely to iRealSMS, and I have one setup already, just waiting for the devs approval to launch it. As for a release date on iRealLITE.. no, your guess is as good as mine. I will keep you all posted though. And to answer you last question, we would love to have you as part of the iRealSMS community, but you have to find which SMS app works best for you. Thats why iRealSMS also provides a 10 day trial of the full app... not a watered down demo. Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    Hay would it be possible to get the quicksend open with double tapping home from iPhone?(I know you talked about this already,so now you know how much people want it ,Also that home button trick now is sort of luck thing, because you sometime miss the click.) Because whenever i turn the volume up,it pop-ups and that's annoying,or if not the volume button,how about one tap of the POWER BUTTON?.Because when you tap home button,i think for most people the address book opens,but with taping power button,there wont be any problem.

Also @raznr9 any chance to get that tilt problem comment to the IRealSms people?
    Im told the dev about people wanting the option of double tapping home key. No comments from him on it yet. I also passed along the info on wanting to disable upsidedown rotation(is that what you mean about tilt problem?) and he will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    i can confirm that double tapping the home button the way reznor described works for quicksend, give it a try
    Now that the new 2.0.8.1 update is out, you no longer need to have Lock Calendar installed... so the lockscreen issue is fixed, but my double tap trick no longer works. We will need to figure out a way to tweak the UI to be friendly towards this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    Maybe a triple tap of the home button? Because I like to use ipodpop to bring up ipod controls with a double tap, but I too feel uncomfortable using the volume button.
    a triple tap seems a little overdone no? I mean, I text a lot! And if we do a triple tap, we might wear our poor home key out. I too enjoy the iPod controls though with the doubletap. We'll have to discuss our options and see what happens.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-06 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Reznor,

I give it a try.

Installed it and sent a test message which got stuck, so I had to delete all of my messages, but I can live with that.

QR is just georgeous, love the fact that it doesn't vanish after some seconds behind the locked screen.

QS would be great, as well. But like I imagined. Launching it every time I use volume up scares me off it, really.

One weird thing. My girlfriends msgs got blacklisted (no not by me ). I actually don't need blacklists at all, don't have iBL installed or anything. It just put her on blacklist... maybe my phone is trying to tell me something

iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having a problem with my quick reply. I'll be in another app and get a text message. I reply hit send and it takes me straight to the irealsms app and I have to retype the reply. Is this happening to anyone else? I've powered the phone down and did a hard reset.

@ the poster w/ clippy issues...
    I'm having the clippy problem also... But I think it's a problem with clippy on it's own. Since the update I've had nothing but problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    Hi Reznor,

I give it a try.

Installed it and sent a test message which got stuck, so I had to delete all of my messages, but I can live with that.

QR is just georgeous, love the fact that it doesn't vanish after some seconds behind the locked screen.

QS would be great, as well. But like I imagined. Launching it every time I use volume up scares me off it, really.

One weird thing. My girlfriends msgs got blacklisted (no not by me ). I actually don't need blacklists at all, don't have iBL installed or anything. It just put her on blacklist... maybe my phone is trying to tell me something
    Im glad you like it... Sorry you dont currently like the volume button QS feature. I'll be speaking to the dev about adding home button option of some sort. Until then, volume it is... you know that a double tap of volume button will turn off QuickSend and allow normal volume controls?
    About your blacklist... Not sure if its a programing bug(always a possibility), or user error(you might have accidentally added her when you were erasing your SMS conversations.) I'll watch to see if others are having similar problems. We will update it till its bug free. Thanks for your support

Quote Originally Posted by vporter View Post
    I'm having a problem with my quick reply. I'll be in another app and get a text message. I reply hit send and it takes me straight to the irealsms app and I have to retype the reply. Is this happening to anyone else? I've powered the phone down and did a hard reset.

@ the poster w/ clippy issues...
    I'm having the clippy problem also... But I think it's a problem with clippy on it's own. Since the update I've had nothing but problems with it.
    Have you updated? This should be resolved in the 2.0.8.1 update launched this morning.
    refering to the SEND button issue, not the CLIPPY
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-06 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

vporter (2009-03-06)

After playing with the volume controls, I've gotten used to getting rid of quicksend to get to volume controls. It's really not that bad once you get used to it. I'd prefer this over home button access actually.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just updated and I can still use the double tap on the home button.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast