Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    Thank you nycd, will check this out later. I guess the licence option for quickreply only will be added later then?
    no quickreply and quicksend from the springboard and the lockscreen are included for free if you have already purchsed the app. if you havent then i think its $12 usd for the license, the lite version is $6 usd
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Now if they added the option of double tapping home to launch quicksend, it would be a winner for me. Since my volume button is busted.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

It would be nice if the quick reply timer could be tied to your lockscreen timer

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not that my volume button is busted too but I'm 100% on board with having the option of using the double tap home button method as well. The volume thing is driving me mad. Can this be implemented like quicksms?
    Last edited by swiftbmx; 2009-03-05 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Not that my volume button is busted too but I'm 100% on board with having the option. The volume thing is driving me mad. Can this be implemented like quicksms?
    And what would be so bad about launching the app via an springboard icon???

I mean, maybe I'm a bit oldschool here, but honestly, I think launching an app all the time by pushing the volume button stinks.

Times I use the volume buttons (frequently):

- iPod (Music, Podcast, Audiobooks)
    - Last.fm
    - AllRadio
    - Shoutcast
    - South Park mobile
    - During a call

.... and when I install this app, it will launch everytime I use these? Showstopper to me

Renzor, is predictive text input in quickreply usable with chinese/japanese contact lookups?

I mean, maybe I'm a bit oldschool here, but honestly, I think launching an app all the time by pushing the volume button stinks.

- Last.fm
    - AllRadio
    - Shoutcast
    - South Park mobile
    - During a call

.... and when I install this app, it will launch everytime I use these? Showstopper to me
    Nothing wrong with launching an app via icon on the sb. But that kinda ruins the whole idea of quicksend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
    Nothing wrong with launching an app via icon on the sb. But that kinda ruins the whole idea of quicksend.
    Why? It's still quick compared to the loading times of the full scaled apps and you could make it optional, of course.

Why? It's still quick compared to the loading times of the full scaled apps and you could make it optional, of course.
    Sure i dont mind options to suit everyones needs. But the main feature of quicksend is that you can launch it even if you are in another app be it safari , facebook or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Love the update and the lockscreen quick reply feature, but there is one concern. How do we extend the time the lock screen remains open. Many times the screen will go black before I finish replying to a text.
    Please read the main post. I stated how to up the sleep time to a minute. When you get a sms and the screen lights up, if you look at the screen and decide that you do infact want to reply.. Simply doubletap the homekey, the same way you would if you wanted to toggle on the ipod controls... this will set the autosleep to 1 min... plenty of time to reply or quicksend something

- Last.fm
    - AllRadio
    - Shoutcast
    - South Park mobile
    - During a call

You can launch the app via a springboard icon... quicksend has the option to toggle OFF if you dont want to use it.
    Ill speak to the dev about making 2 different hotkeys to choose from. Not sure if he will bite. A double tap of the home button is already used by the iphone Favorites and iPod controls, and I dont think it is a good idea to overwrite them. And a triple tap seems a bit much, and I use quicksend all the time and would hate to wear the button down that much... I hit the home key probably 100 times a day... if I added triple tap I would probably be hitting it 600-1000 times a day LOL Im just not too sold on the idea. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-05 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My only "problem" with it is in quickreply, when i hit send, it doesn't send. It opens up irealsms without sending the message. I think if i hit reply instead of send then it works though.

I'm sure there will be an update soon to fix all these little problems

EDIT: I just noticed i too have that lockscreen issue, where it doesn't go back to sleep until you close, send, or put the phone back to sleep

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I noticed that quick send comes up after just one tap of the volume button on my phone. I really think that the volume button is the best choice, but I agree that there should be an option to use the home button. One this g that bothers me though is that quick reply/post does not seem to close on it's own. This is a potential problem if I accidently activate quick reply while raising the volume on the phone without double checking to make sure I didn't turn it on, as it will drain my battery.

I noticed on the web site says that 2.07 is supposed to be winter board compatible, but I have yet to see that. Any word on when that will come on line?

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Please read the main post. I stated how to up the sleep time to a minute. When you get a sms and the screen lights up, if you look at the screen and decide that you do infact want to reply.. Simply doubletap the homekey, the same way you would if you wanted to toggle on the ipod controls... this will set the autosleep to 1 min... plenty of time to reply or quicksend something

You can launch the app via a springboard icon... quicksend has the option to toggle OFF if you dont want to use it.
    Ill speak to the dev about making 2 different hotkeys to choose from. Not sure if he will bite. A double tap of the home button is already used by the iphone Favorites and iPod controls, and I dont think it is a good idea to overwrite them. And a triple tap seems a bit much, and I use quicksend all the time and would hate to wear the button down that much... I hit the home key probably 100 times a day... if I added triple tap I would probably be hitting it 600-1000 times a day LOL Im just not too sold on the idea. What does everyone else think?
    Well im for the option of using doubletap home, since thats just about my only option without a functional volume button. I have the lockscreen issue as well btw, iPhone 2g.
    Last edited by Nintendo; 2009-03-05 at 06:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm having an issue where if lockscreen quickreply is ON, i am not getting any audible alert when messages are received. It also seems to affect other system sounds, as i had an alarm that went off this morning that was silent. If i turn the lockscreen functionality off, i get a normal sms alert sound when the phone is locked, but if i receive a message while the phone is unlocked, i also do not get an audible alert. Anyone else seeing this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

After updating I cannot send anything out. Messages get stuck in the outbox. Tried deleting all SMS and started new messages to no avail. Basically my iRealSMS (licensed BTW) isn't working at all now.

WEIRD!?!?

After opening Cydia, (resprung many times already & rebooted) it works now.......
    Last edited by keda51; 2009-03-05 at 06:18 PM.

I like the new update with quicksend!I've had iRealSMS since I jailbroke phone months ago,the updates have been good and altho I had to pay,it has been well worth it!! Have been trying out quicksms the past 10days!! It's been ok but I've found it crashes and didn't want to pay anymore money for an app,plus I know that iReal devs do a good job and is a reliable SMS app!!glad I didn't purchase quicksms!! ;-) Thanks for the new update!!

first post updated

I am about to do a restore and only install irealsms, to see if that fixes my lockscreen issue. And then take it from there

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
    I am about to do a restore and only install irealsms, to see if that fixes my lockscreen issue. And then take it from there
    good luck! Please let us know your results! Way to take one for the team!
    If it works please as you start installing your old apps one by one, respring or reboot after each install and check to see if you can find the cause of the defect.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    good luck! Please let us know your results! Way to take one for the team!
    If it works please as you start installing your old apps one by one, respring or reboot after each install and check to see if you can find the cause of the defect.
    That did'nt make any difference Im on 2.2.1 fw iPhone 2g

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast