Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

Just for clarification purposes I have an iPhone 2g. I can take a video of the lockscreen hanging if it helps you at all

I also have nothing installed that would interfere with ireal or the lockscreen

I dont think a video would help.. maybe a list of cydia apps that use mobile substrate plugins installed?
    Try to see what the people having this problem have in common.
    Something has to be conflicting with it. Unless its a 2G problem... which I doubt, but anything is possible.

Call me daft, but what repo is this on? I see the old version 2.0.7 or whatever, but no update. I was excited to try it out too. Anybody know why it might not be showing up for me? I'm rebooting my phone now just to make sure there aren't any cache issues.

Edit: still not showing up after the reboot.

Edit2: Ok, I am daft. For some reason the new version isn't showing up in changes at all. But if I manually browse to iRealSMS it is listed as 2.0.8
    Last edited by eleazar123; 2009-03-05 at 07:32 AM.

I love it! I wish it has smileys though like biteSMS and quickSMS... but overall the update is GREAT. worth every penny/centavo

Theme Creator
    Thanks

One more for the quick reply hanging issue. I too have a 2G. No intelliscreen, QuickGold, or anything else to affect the lock screen.

Since quickreply uses predictive text to search for names, does it support other languages like chinese and japanese? Does quickreply support landscape mode?
    Last edited by Bloodlust; 2009-03-05 at 08:09 AM.

When I reply using quick reply, I was hoping the message would automatically be marked as read. This has not been fixed on the new update.

Quote Originally Posted by witchmd View Post
    When I reply using quick reply, I was hoping the message would automatically be marked as read. This has not been fixed on the new update.
    in setting/Advanced Settings you have to toggle "Mark always as read" to ON... then when you get a quickreply, as long as you hit CLOSE or you reply to the message it will be marked as read.. if you hit the HOME button instead, it will close the quickreply and leave the message marked as unread. This is intentional behavior... it was designed this way in case you have an ungodly number of new messages waiting, and you dont want to view them now, you just want to unlock you phone to make a call or check your mail.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    in setting/Advanced Settings you have to toggle "Mark always as read" to ON... then when you get a quickreply, as long as you hit CLOSE or you reply to the message it will be marked as read.. if you hit the HOME button instead, it will close the quickreply and leave the message marked as unread. This is intentional behavior... it was designed this way in case you have an ungodly number of new messages waiting, and you dont want to view them now, you just want to unlock you phone to make a call or check your mail.
    Thanks, I'll try that.

quick reply still not working with iblacklist. bitesms' did and so does quicksms.

still not a fan of UI.

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    I am also curious if this will work nicely together with biteSMS, as this is my preferred SMS app. But I would willingly pay the 6$ for the fast quick send / quick reply option of iReal....
    Yeah I am in the same boat as you.

Can someone please advise

"I was also informed that a stand alone plugin(a LITE version) will also be sold that will have QUICKREPLY and QUICKSEND, but will not include the main app(I believe this is for people that perfer to use the stock apple app, or already paid for BiteSMS and dont want to fully commit to another text app)"

Guys am confused here. Is there a seperate download on Cydia for the Lite version with Quickreply and Quicksend?
    Last edited by ifini; 2009-03-05 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

amazing update i love it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Love the update and the lockscreen quick reply feature, but there is one concern. How do we extend the time the lock screen remains open. Many times the screen will go black before I finish replying to a text.

Great job on the update. QuickSend is brilliant. I'll keep testing it today and see if I have any issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

hey reznor, is there any chance that there will be an update so that the quickreply will work with iblacklist installed? I love this update that i dont want to go back to mysms!! matter of fact, i refuse to go back to mysms lol

edit: nevermind...i read the 2.0 iblacklist thread and spektro stated that they are working with the dev of ireal to have quickreply work while both apps are installed....cant wait for that update.
    Last edited by nycdiplomat; 2009-03-05 at 02:59 PM.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Default Quick Reply At Lockscreen
    I too have the issue with the display staying on when quick reply from lockscreen is enabled. It won't shut off until I reply to the message or hit the sleep button. I'm on a 3G with 2.2.1. I don't have intelliscreen, lock calendar, weather, or any other SMS program installed. Only Swirly MMS. Otherwise, this is a nice update. I definitely prefer iReal over any other app I've tried.

I can't find the "Quick iReal" app on Cydia. It shows only the standard iRealSMS App (Version 2.0.8.0). And on irealsms.com I can't find an option to licence the Quick iReal App. Where do I have to look, which repository do I need to add?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    I can't find the "Quick iReal" app on Cydia. It shows only the standard iRealSMS App (Version 2.0.8.0). And on irealsms.com I can't find an option to licence the Quick iReal App. Where do I have to look, which repository do I need to add?
    thats the one you want. that has all of the quickreply updates in it.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    thats the one you want. that has all of the quickreply updates in it.
    Thank you nycd, will check this out later. I guess the licence option for quickreply only will be added later then?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast