Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    Hay when i click to make IRealSms icon on statues bar,It's sposed to only show when a new sms comes right? for me,states stays there even tho i read all the sms's.I even turned off the always unread option.am i missing something?

Had this issue twice with the latest update only. And solution was to edit and mark all messages read. Didn't have this problem before though. Also I noticed with the latest update my Tonefx alert tone is no longer working. It used to be the Tonefx alert tone doesn't work only when the irealsms is open. Did not have this problem with version 2.0.8 only with 2.8.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    I haven't looked through the past few pages, so forgive if these have been said:

-auto correct on quicksend (at least on the lock screen quicksend). when it suggests a word, if you hit the x to not use that suggestion, instead of not using it, it puts it in. It's hard to explain but I hope I'm getting my point across.

-hopefully there will be some way to keep the lock screen illuminated while you are typing. that's really my only problem with this great app. I get frustrated when my phone goes to sleep while I'm typing and have to keep using the double tap home trick to keep it up.
    Yes both bugs have been documented and are being worked on. Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by witchmd View Post
    Had this issue twice with the latest update only. And solution was to edit and mark all messages read. Didn't have this problem before though. Also I noticed with the latest update my Tonefx alert tone is no longer working. It used to be the Tonefx alert tone doesn't work only when the irealsms is open. Did not have this problem with version 2.0.8 only with 2.8.0.1
    This bug has also been reported. I never used TONEFX before but I am hearing reports that in version 2.0.7.7 it worked fine. We havent nailed down the root of this behavior just yet but rest assured that we are looking into it. We hope by the next update we will have a working solution. Until then, thanks for your support!

EDIT: A member of another board SoggyDoughNuts offers this temp solution for those that are comfortable with SSH.
    "for all those having problem with custom tones

Using cydia to use custom tones sometimes does not work with any sms program. It gets skipped when looking to overlay the actual tone and you hear the default. To fix this issue. SSH into UIsounds and actually replace the SMS tone and overwrite the default (Making a backup of course). This will ensure that the tone always works, and is read like a default tone.

I had problems with winterboard tones and this fixed it"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

witchmd (2009-03-09)

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Thanks for your supportive comments!
    Being that sone people love the volume up and some hate it We are working on 2 hotkeys that you can toggle between to choose which works best for you.
    Great! I support that fully!

As for disabling quicksend on lockscreen. After toggling off quuckreply from lockscreen, a simple respring or reboot will also remove quicksend from lockscreen too.
    Try it and let me know if that fixed your issues
    The thing is, I don't want to disable quickreply on lockscreen. I only want to disable quicksend because I find myself pushing on the volume up button while grabbing my iphone and then it of course pops up a new text message window... It's not a big deal for now, but it would be nice to have an option in the future to turn it off

Oh and another thing... I love being able to see if a text message has been sent using the notification code, but the way it is done now (inserting the code in all my text messages) seems a little strange (and ugly) for me now (altough better than the default app, of course!). Is there a possibility you guys will work on this further to like only send the notification code with the sent text message (and delete it from the text messages when it gets sent to the app again) to get the notification and then just filtering the received message from the provider as a "sent" symbol next to the text message in the "sent items" box? Or is this not possible? Again, I can live without this, but my old phone had it and I was wondering if it would be possible on the iPhone

@JensPhone:
    I have added the ability to turn OFF quickSMS from lockscreen to our list of TODOs. Thank you

As for the send notifications, I've never used them so I'm not 100% on what you mean, but none the less I will copy and paste your question to the dev and discuss it with him and try to get back with you on that.
    Thank you

When you reply to a message and then cancel on sending, you are given the following options: save changes, save new draft, save new template, don't save and cancel. I was wondering what is the "save changes" for since it doesn't seem to do anything but cancel.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, I sent you an email as well (I'm assuming your the iRealSMS Dev) but I was wondering could you have as an option a toggle so that Volume Up brings up QuickSend, and Volume Down closes it? That would be very cool. Another thing is that when I get a new SMS and it's on the lockscreen, and I bring the phone out of my pocket, I accidentally hit the 'call' button sometimes and it starts to call the person. Not really sure what you could do, maybe have an option to not have a call button but it's just something I've noticed.

Thanks alot!

EDIT: well actually i guess your not the dev, but you are working with this project so you possibly could send this info along the way.

those are good updates

Still waiting for Iblacklist update so that it won't conflict with IrealSMS quick reply.

@JensPhone:
    I have added the ability to turn OFF quickSMS from lockscreen to our list of TODOs. Thank you

As for the send notifications, I've never used them so I'm not 100% on what you mean, but none the less I will copy and paste your question to the dev and discuss it with him and try to get back with you on that.
    Thank you
    Hi reznor9,

he means, if you text a message, eg. "Hi, how are you doing?" and have notifications enabled, iReal automatically transforms the message to "*N#Hi, how are you doing?".

The notification string (*N#) will appear forever in the conversations screen.

Maybe there is a way (maybe not ) to actually sent the code, when notifications are enabled in iReal, but not save it to the conversation history.

That way we could receive a sent notification without uglyising our conversation history (is this really an english word?) LOL

I second that wish along with the opportunity to have sent notifications while using Quick Reply / Quick Send.

Cheers and again, thanks for the great community work!

i wish i could love irealsms but this crap have too many bugs for me. the quicksms and quickreply doesnít work all the time , when it is working i get a text and try to press the sent airplane stays on the top of screen and most time the most donít even go out. my biggest issue the fact irealsms is not my default sms all the time it work for 5 - 10min and then the stock sms take over again. I tried every fix from mac forum (including a restore and nothing works, the funny thing is i had the demo version first and it work perfect which why i bought it smh

While I really love this app, add me to the list of iReal/ToneFXs users whose custom SMS tones are not playing. Hope that is fixed in the next update.

FYI: for those of you that were experiencing problems with Clippy. The new version of clippy is now 100% compatible with irealSMS. At least I haven't found any bugs in it so far, even via quicksend and quickreply.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey Reznor, is it possible to enable landscape mode in Quick Reply or Quicksend? Also, I was thinking, could longholding the volume button control the volume increase and just a regular volume up tap would open quick sms or vice versa? Long hold volume up for 2 secs to open Quicksend?

Thanks

Exclamation irealsms issues
    I have lost the ability to send sms. I upgraded to 2.0.8.1 and since doing so all of my sms messages stay in the outbox. I followed the suggested troubleshooting steps listed on irealsms.com but still have not resolved issue. What makes this even more bizar is that I get an error sending message when I try to send a message using the iphone's original sms application. I can IM, mms....etc! can someone please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Morales View Post
    I have lost the ability to send sms. I upgraded to 2.0.8.1 and since doing so all of my sms messages stay in the outbox. I followed the suggested troubleshooting steps listed on irealsms.com but still have not resolved issue. What makes this even more bizar is that I get an error sending message when I try to send a message using the iphone's original sms application. I can IM, mms....etc! can someone please help?
    What steps have u taken?
    Try this
    Delete outbox message. Delete the entire conversation. Start a new one. Send message. Let me know if that resolves errorus behavior

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Hey Reznor, is it possible to enable landscape mode in Quick Reply or Quicksend? Also, I was thinking, could longholding the volume button control the volume increase and just a regular volume up tap would open quick sms or vice versa? Long hold volume up for 2 secs to open Quicksend?
    I'm sure it is possible. But how easy it is to acomplish? I don't know. But we will definayely look into it. We are looking into different ways to utilize the quicksms hotkey. We will consider your suggestion. And will also be adding away to toggle a totally different hotkey all together.

As some of you have discovered our little Easter egg, a double tap of the home key will bring up quicksend.
    Just go to settings/general/home button and set doubletap to HOME. The code is already there but it will not work while in other apps. But we will work on it.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-10 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there going to be a version of iRealLite with only Quick Reply and Quick SMS to be released soon???

EDIT: My bad.. .just saw this thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ireallite.html

reznor9,

Can you ask the dev to enable the options of quickreply and quicksms when default SMS is set to off? In this way, users of iRealSMS will have the flexibility just in case they want to use other sms app but require quickreply & quicksms.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eclau
    reznor9,

Can you ask the dev to enable the options of quickreply and quicksms when default SMS is set to off? In this way, users of iRealSMS will have the flexibility just in case they want to use other sms app but require quickreply & quicksms.

Thanks!
    Oh of course! That was the plan in the first place.. it will be invoked the same way as the LITE where you can select from a menu which default app your using.. that way the SHOW button hooks you to the correct app... and that way FULL version users have the flexibility of iRealLITE.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-10 at 06:27 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

IvanPK (2009-03-12)

When will 2.0.8.2 be out?

Quote Originally Posted by punkstar31 View Post
    When will 2.0.8.2 be out?
    no official date but hopefully within the next 7 days

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast