Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0.8 UPDATE with QuickSend & More!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ok. Go into iRealSMS and send someone a text. Type it out and get ready. The moment after you press Send, press the Home button and count how many seconds it takes before iRealSMS closes. Then go into the stock SMS app, and repeat this process. How many seconds did it take before iReal closed and how many before the stock SMS app closed? And FW 2.2.

Awww. It would be really cool to see that. I guess if it would take a lot of effort in to having what I said, then don't worry about it, since most people won't like it anyway, but if it's not hard, I don't see why not with just a setting to disable it? But yes, it would be better to get oldest quickreply messages first. That way, if you're texting someone in quickreply and someone else texts you, a new quickreply doesn't cover up the one you were using, but instead, goes behind it. Then, when you're done with that text, the new one shows up.

And don't worry about the quickreply in phone thing. After coming up with the volume down control idea that was rejected, I'm not really worried about this any more. lol

But I'm going to make a thread for this just to see if maybe others might like this idea.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I love iReal so far. Still workin' off my trial, plan to buy it when it runs out!

I see the quicksend hotkey has been pointed out.. Like some others, I'm not quite happy with the volume key being used for this feature (I turned it off for the time being because of this), and would rather see it as a home button double-tap instead.

Also, I noticed after updating to the latest version of iReal, my SMS tone that I had applied with Winterboard (Metal Gear Solid Alert sound) no longer works. The tritone that the Winterboard setting applied it over was played instead.
    I tested this with various Winterboard SMS tones, all of which played the default iPhone tone instead.

Not sure if the update caused this, but it seems to be the reason.

Anywho, great replacement for the default SMS app. And definitely my favorite app at the moment!
    Last edited by ZML; 2009-03-07 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Typo. Blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Ok. Go into iRealSMS and send someone a text. Type it out and get ready. The moment after you press Send, press the Home button and count how many seconds it takes before iRealSMS closes. Then go into the stock SMS app, and repeat this process. How many seconds did it take before iReal closed and how many before the stock SMS app closed? And FW 2.2.
    I tried this as you requested, and mine closed immediately. No delay what so ever. Just as fast as the stock SMS app. But Im on 2.2.1... maybe thats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Awww. It would be really cool to see that. I guess if it would take a lot of effort in to having what I said, then don't worry about it, since most people won't like it anyway, but if it's not hard, I don't see why not with just a setting to disable it? But yes, it would be better to get oldest quickreply messages first. That way, if you're texting someone in quickreply and someone else texts you, a new quickreply doesn't cover up the one you were using, but instead, goes behind it. Then, when you're done with that text, the new one shows up.

And don't worry about the quickreply in phone thing. After coming up with the volume down control idea that was rejected, I'm not really worried about this any more. lol

But I'm going to make a thread for this just to see if maybe others might like this idea.
    Not that its not a good idea, but the more code we add to it, the more of a chance it will crash the springboard into safe mode or just randomly crash your open apps. We just want to keep the plug in as lite as possible while still providing the service it was intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by ZML View Post
    I love iReal so far. Still workin' off my trial, plan to buy it when it runs out!

I see the quicksend hotkey has been pointed out.. Like some others, I'm not quite happy with the volume key being used for this feature (I turned it off for the time being because of this), and would rather see it as a home button double-tap instead.

Also, I noticed after updating to the latest version of iReal, my SMS tone that I had applied with Winterboard (Metal Gear Solid Alert sound) no longer works. The tritone that the Winterboard setting applied it over was played instead.
    I tested this with various Winterboard SMS tones, all of which played the default iPhone tone instead.

Not sure if the update caused this, but it seems to be the reason.

Anywho, great replacement for the default SMS app. And definitely my favorite app at the moment!
    First off, glad you like the app. Makes me feel good to see a vision realized and knowing that the majority of iPhone users really like it.
    Second, it appears that iRealSMS latest update is the culprit for your custom SMS tones not working. This should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for your support!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you receive messages in Quick Reply and reply OR close them.....how can they be marked as READ and not unread?

Someone help

Quote Originally Posted by jaynoonan View Post
    If you receive messages in Quick Reply and reply OR close them.....how can they be marked as READ and not unread?

Someone help
    First of all you have to have the option MARK ALWAYS AS READ toggled ON in advanced settings in irealsms.
    Now when you recieve a message and a quickreply windown pops up you have 3 things that you can do both in the event that you have one or multiple messages.

Let me set up a scenario, lets say you have pick up your phone and realize that you have 7 new messages in quickreply. Now you can either reply to them one by one or even close them one by one(or a mixture of both) by hitting the respective REPLY or CLOSE button... this action will mark the SMS as read and move on to the next.

Now same scenario, you pick up your phone and realize you have 7 new SMS messages waiting in quickreply, but you dont have time to even look at them, you need to make a phone call. You can hit the HOME button, which works as a CLOSE ALL button. This will close all the quickreply popups and keep the messages marked as UNREAD so you know which ones need attention.

Simple as that!

Any plans to tweak the method of invoking quicksend?

The problem at the moment, is that when playing a game like nanosaur 2, you hit volume up to increase volume, then the game almost freezes, quicksend comes up and your dinosaur crashes into a hill.

If I want to increase volume I generally tap and hold volume up. Maybe invoking quicksend could be a tap ONLY and tap and hold will change volume as normal? Does anyone else agree?

The problem with doubletap home button is that you override ipod controls. I guess you could have an option for both though.

Oh, and my quicksend problem was a conflict with bitesms. I've had to uninstall bitesms, guess I'll have to put up with ireal's ugly quickreply for now
    Last edited by carlbgc; 2009-03-07 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Reznor,

just to make sure (maybe you missed it through the many posts), is the Sent Notification Bug currently on the todo list? It's really a great feature and it would be great if sent notifications worked in QS/QR as well.

Btw. I love iReal so far, will move to it from biteSMS...

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Sorry, I already send a message to dev about this bug. I have also commented on how the popular vote was to add emoji support.
    i think (not sure) that, for example, biteSMS uses normal emoticones, that have images on biteSMS, but are displayed as "simbols" (like ": )" for a smile) on other phones.

i only say this cause if i enable emoji, and send an emoji, to a non iphone device, a blank space is shown, and, since you said emoji, i wanted to make sure :P

on more importan matters, wouldnt it be better to have to tap + - volume, or something like that, instead of just + ? maybe home + +volume, similar to home + lock for screenshots.

its more or less a pain in the a** now :P
    Last edited by Cocchiararo; 2009-03-07 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    Hi Reznor,

just to make sure (maybe you missed it through the many posts), is the Sent Notification Bug currently on the todo list? It's really a great feature and it would be great if sent notifications worked in QS/QR as well.

Btw. I love iReal so far, will move to it from biteSMS...
    I actually remember reading your previous post but I forgot to add it to the bug list. I will report it to the dev. We are for the moment working on iRealLite and after its release(hopefully within the next few days) will start to update iRealSMS main app again.
    Thanks for your support man!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    i think (not sure) that, for example, biteSMS uses normal emoticones, that have images on biteSMS, but are displayed as "simbols" (like ": )" for a smile) on other phones.

i only say this cause if i enable emoji, and send an emoji, to a non iphone device, a blank space is shown, and, since you said emoji, i wanted to make sure :P

on more importan matters, wouldnt it be better to have to tap + - volume, or something like that, instead of just + ? maybe home + +volume, similar to home + lock for screenshots.

its more or less a pain in the a** now :P
    I know what you are saying about the emoji... i too have tried sending these to other devices and get random characters. So we are on the same page.

Thanks for the recommendations on QS hotkey. We will experiment with different kinds of hotkeys and combinations. Hopefully we can find one to please the masses.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-07 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi Reznor, will there be a trial for iRealLite? I want to try it and see if it works well with biteSMS. I'd like my quick reply and quicksms be part of my iReal and my main app be biteSMS.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Hi Reznor, will there be a trial for iRealLite? I want to try it and see if it works well with biteSMS. I'd like my quick reply and quicksms be part of my iReal and my main app be biteSMS.
    I would think so, but I can't confirm this yet.

there should have it in the app store

Another idea for QS launch: Why not launch it through long-pressing Home? Maybe 2 seconds... It's currently unused, AFAIK.

anyone else having problems with the toggles not working? At first I had show SMS alerts turned off and everytime i would recieve a text I would get the stock SMS reply screen popup along with the irealsms quickreply popup, and I was also getting 2 text tones, my winterboard one and the stock one.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and updated [im still on trial right now] and I just read that the most recent update has a problem with the sms tone and thats fine. and now I have all my toggles turned off except for Mark always as read and im still getting a quickreply for a text received when my phone is locked even though I have the toggle turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhhhwhoa View Post
    anyone else having problems with the toggles not working? At first I had show SMS alerts turned off and everytime i would recieve a text I would get the stock SMS reply screen popup along with the irealsms quickreply popup, and I was also getting 2 text tones, my winterboard one and the stock one.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and updated [im still on trial right now] and I just read that the most recent update has a problem with the sms tone and thats fine. and now I have all my toggles turned off except for Mark always as read and im still getting a quickreply for a text received when my phone is locked even though I have the toggle turned off.
    Double popups and tones are an effect of compatibility mode. Toggle that off.
    You may have toggled off all the plugins but you have to make sure to reapring before it will take effect.

Update: just tested myself. Worked fine.
    Toggles:
    Default SMS app ON
    compatibility mode OFF
    advanced settings
    Show SMS alert OFF
    Enable quickreply OFF
    enable quiksms OFF
    show all as read ON
    quickreply in lockscreen OFF

Worked like a charm. Please check tour settings again.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-08 at 01:50 AM.

I know it's been said before, but please let the dev know that my custom SMS ringtone was also broken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

*edit*
    Sorry. didn't read the first page.
    Last edited by llj1137075; 2009-03-08 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Didn't read the first page.

I really love this app. This new version only makes it better, but I support the removal of using the volume up button for the QuickSend feature. I would rather use the home button (double tap) instead! It would make the app perfect

Is it also possible to have an option to disable QuickSend on lock, like you can do with QuickReply?

Thanks for the brilliant update iRealSMS dev team!
    Last edited by JensPhone; 2009-03-08 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JensPhone View Post
    I really love this app. This new version only makes it better, but I support the removal of using the volume up button for the QuickSend feature. I would rather use the home button (double tap) instead! It would make the app perfect

Is it also possible to have an option to disable QuickSend on lock, like you can do with QuickReply?

Thanks for the brilliant update iRealSMS dev team!
    Thanks for your supportive comments!
    Being that sone people love the volume up and some hate it We are working on 2 hotkeys that you can toggle between to choose which works best for you.

As for disabling quicksend on lockscreen. After toggling off quuckreply from lockscreen, a simple respring or reboot will also remove quicksend from lockscreen too.
    Try it and let me know if that fixed your issues

I haven't looked through the past few pages, so forgive if these have been said:

-auto correct on quicksend (at least on the lock screen quicksend). when it suggests a word, if you hit the x to not use that suggestion, instead of not using it, it puts it in. It's hard to explain but I hope I'm getting my point across.

-hopefully there will be some way to keep the lock screen illuminated while you are typing. that's really my only problem with this great app. I get frustrated when my phone goes to sleep while I'm typing and have to keep using the double tap home trick to keep it up.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast