Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS no longer FREE

Default BiteSMS no longer FREE
    I got a message today that biteSMS had granted me a free licence for a few days more and after that I have to visit a site to renew the licence, I guess that is going to cost money.

Has anyone experienced this?

BiteSMS hasn't been free since V3.0 came out.
    It's now on V3.1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I think you are right cos I did an upgrade last night soooo that explains it.

I seem to remember a post in this forum that biteSMS would be always free....

you can always downgrade to 2.7 or whatever it is, and it will stay free. It's just with all the features they have added along with their great support on their forums, they gotta pay their bills somehow =O

Which features would that be?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thank you so much.

I will take a look right now

Where can I get the FREE 2.7 Version of BITESMS ? Can anyone help ??
    And how to install it ?:

Thanks

Why not just buy the latest version, it's so much better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In your guys opinion, is BiteSMS better than irealsms?

I tried iReal but kept on getting -ve texts showing then a new version of Bite came out which worked and was cheaper than iReal so I bought it.
    Try them both and see what you think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I've tried them all, BiteSMS wins hands down

I would suggest QuickSMS over anything. It runs in the Springboard, so there isn't even an icon for it--you just press the volume button (or whatever you customize it to) and it appears overtop of any application.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought BiteSMS because I just HAD to see if I was missing anything, I wasn't wasn't. :s
    I like iRealSMS more lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    you just press the volume button (or whatever you customize it to) and it appears overtop of any application.
    Same as with BiteSMS in regards to the volume up button.

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwins View Post
    Same as with BiteSMS in regards to the volume up button.
    The entire application overlays? Like with the conversations and stuff? Or just a "send message" popup?

Back when I used it, it just had Quick Reply...I never heard of this feature. I'm just using iRealQuickSMS now for it's lock screen texting.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The newest version works over any open app and can be called up using the volume up bottom within any open app.

Pushing the volume up button opens a dialog button at the bottom of the screen that allows you to choose the "Quick compose SMS" or simply change the volume. Once the quick compose is open, it works for quick call as well.

I like it allot when in a game and you can easily call up quick compose instead of switching apps. The send speed has also been greatly beefed up.