Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickSMS

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default QuickSMS
    Has anyone tried the new QuickSMS on cydia? It apparently runs in the springboard which eliminates loading times and splash screens. Sounds interesting, anyone check it out?
    iLive an iLife

Default quick sms
    currently trying it out and it looks pretty cool and is alot faster then any other app out there but you can launch it. when ever you get a txt it shows a preview and when you click reply it launches the txt app almost instantly. It allows you to attach an image or contact right to the txt message which is pretty cool. Also includes smiley's and other little icons.

i saw it but havent tried yet

looks cool

Banned
    Thanks

Trying now, the speed is amazing. Best app for that by far. Looks similiar to the default app.

Quickly go to SMS using volume buttons to toggle on/off.

I absolutly LOVE the sending feature tho. It has a loading bar across your statusbar and it still sends after home button is impressed. that's amazing.

Would like to see:
    Landscape mode
    Smaller reply box
    Quick reply - although app is so quick don't know if it will be neccesary
    price is a bit high. $12 USD
    Winterboard integration

also the spacebar is smaller cuz of the 2 extra buttons - its a bit hard getting used too.

I'm going to keep using it because so far I'm loving it even without a few lacking features. bye bye BiteSMS
    Last edited by Nick Z; 2009-02-23 at 10:04 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

it crashed my springboard to safe mode upon installation so i will be passing on this one
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Seems to work ok so far. First launch caused springboard to reboot into safe mode but after a reboot it was ok. You have a 14 day trial.

It maps to the Volume Up button and at first glace I did not see a way to remap it so every time you use you that button (watching a video or listening to music) it launches the application. Double tapping the home button on the lockscreen no longer brings up the iPod controls but unlocks your phone. Double tapping the volume up at the lockscreen unlocks your phone and launches the program.

With a passcode the lockscreen just goes blank and "refreshes" itself. You must slide to unlock with a passcode.

But it does seem to run very quick.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reg0ner View Post
    So its from the The developers of mySMS. Once out of beta it will cost money I assume.

I dont text often so Bite SMS 2.7 is fine for me but I will give this a shot too since it loads quick.

Does this mean it runs in the background? Might have effects on other apps if so.

Popping up each time I hit the volume up key is really annoying. I'd use this if I could just double tap home, I thik.

im loving it. it did crash springboard but then restarted it and it works just fine. havent seen nothing wrong with it so far. i also really like the sending bar..realy neat. i agree on the high price comment, should be a little lower but other than that its the best SMS app out there (tried all of them)

Quote Originally Posted by steaky View Post
    So its from the The developers of mySMS. Once out of beta it will cost money I assume.

I dont text often so Bite SMS 2.7 is fine for me but I will give this a shot too since it loads quick.

Does this mean it runs in the background? Might have effects on other apps if so.
    i dont know about that..i also thought that so i opened it and then check if it was still open under "proccesses" and it didnt appear there so i dont know how that works..
    Last edited by decke; 2009-02-23 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just tried it, and loving the speed of this app. You have to download a trial license which is good for 14 days. This thing is really fast. It also works perfectly with Pysl, no annoying pop ups. I personally like the volume button mapping. Thumbs up to the devs.

Just some more info. This app runs in MobileSubstrate. There you can find the app. You can change some png's to your liking. I had to mod this right away off course.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2009-02-24 at 12:50 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

I am seriously loving this app. I think $10 would be well worth it if it did it's job flawlessly. As it is right now, I am encountering bugs every new text I send.

Has anyone else had a problem with it slowing the whole phone to a crawl if you try to do certain things with the app? (ie. add smiley's, delay sending the message, etc). Once it slows down, i can't really use the phone for at least a minute because nothing responds. After about 1-2minutes everything is back to normal. And if I receive a call during this period, the phone does not ring. I receive notification of the call (ie. a voicemail) after the phone is back to normal, and it also lists the call in my missed calls.

Anyways, please developer, fix these issues and I would gladly pay for the software.

how come we dont make every app a mobile substrate app like this one. no more waiting for apps to load.

I just installed this and like it very much, but I'd like an option to turn off the SMS alert (so messages don't pop up while I'm using the phone) -- iReal had that feature and it was handy.

this app is awesome! lovin the speed and the extended keyboard. very useful. would love it a lot more if i could customize which button to open it (ie double tap volume rocker rather than single)

edit:

Also, has anyone noticed the ability to have each of your contacts have a different sound when you recieve a text from them? awesome!!!!

To do this, click Information at the top of the current chat window of the person that you want to change the sound of, then click SMS Tone > and select your choice. Im sure you could SSH you own sounds into the app.

There also is an option to hide the name and just show the phone number of the individual in the same Information section.

edit2:

nevermind, now i completely understand the volume button use. see this post
    Last edited by skeredmobile; 2009-02-24 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dualcorex View Post
    how come we dont make every app a mobile substrate app like this one. no more waiting for apps to load.
    I believe because every app that uses mobile substrate, uses RAM.....

The more RAM you use up, the more slower the phone runs
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

So far the app is good, couple bugs, but it's still new I guess.. love the speed, will probably wait to see how development comes along, but I'm gonna use it for the next few days..

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

it has an option to enable sms signatures....nice
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

@mrblader
    haha touche.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I swear... I am tired of purchasing every sms app, but each has a specific part I likes... and this app here brings together many of them. I have RealSMS, MySMS, and BiteSMS, and Bite was the last one I was using because it had some really slick features, and I liked the QuickReply better on it, and my trial on Bite ends in 2 days, and I must say, I think QuickSMS is my way of going. Oh so SeXXy... Especially a Sig finally..... Now I dont have to keep pasting an sig in manually.... YES!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast