Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 162

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: QuickSMS

  1. #101
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 242 Times in 140 Posts

    Agreed. QuickSMS is almost flawless, except for the SafeMode issues and no landscape (Which should be in the update) i've been waiting for an update nearly every day.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

  2. #102
    iReal's update is too late, in my case.

    I'm locked into QuickSMS for now. No complaints. And there's a support forum for that sort of thing. It works well for me and the option to use the Home button was a much needed update, as I use the volume buttons too often. There's also said to be an update coming some time this week. iReal's call function is nice, but I couldn't see myself applying it often.

    Not to mention, resnor9's tactic to post his "hint" in this thread was in bad taste in my opinion, especially knowing now that he was invloved in iReal's development. Starting a new thread could have achieved similar results. I dislike that kind of ish from devs and the like.

  3. #103
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 242 Times in 140 Posts

    Anyone have any clue when the next update is coming out? I would like to purchase it but want to make sure it's stable first.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Anyone have any clue when the next update is coming out? I would like to purchase it but want to make sure it's stable first.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I want to purchase it, but I want to know the dev will really continue supporting it.

  5. #105
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 242 Times in 140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I want to purchase it, but I want to know the dev will really continue supporting it.
    I tried iRealSMS 8.0 last night and found it very complicated to use. To be honest i'd probably prefer the default SMS client over it.

    QuickSMS is by far the easiest and fastest performing one i've seen yet but as you said before I would also like to hear more from the developers on the future of QuickSMS.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I tried iRealSMS 8.0 last night and found it very complicated to use. To be honest i'd probably prefer the default SMS client over it.

    QuickSMS is by far the easiest and fastest performing one i've seen yet but as you said before I would also like to hear more from the developers on the future of QuickSMS.
    I agree. I wasn't impressed with iRealSMS at all. To each his own, but I love that QuickSMS loads the entire program into mobilesubstrate. Also, I used MemTool to compare the amount of memory each app was using and for some reason QuickSMS isn't even listed in processes. iRealSMS was using 34mb when I first installed it. It then dropped back to 27mb. It pushed my RAM to almost overload. Just an interesting tidbit.

  7. #107
    Green Apple Nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I did purchase qSMS with like 8 days left on the "trial"... LOVE IT. And.. it seems to have lessened the "crashing" of the springboard.. Love it, and can't wait for an update!!!

  8. #108
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Yeah this app is great, havent had a crash in quite a while! I had iReal SMS too, tried the update yesterday and Quick SMS is sooo much better IMO, iReal seems to have too much going on, Quick is short and sweet fast and simple. I think they're onto something here. I also can't wait for an update, hope it had landscape mode!?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Not to mention, resnor9's tactic to post his "hint" in this thread was in bad taste in my opinion, especially knowing now that he was invloved in iReal's development. Starting a new thread could have achieved similar results. I dislike that kind of ish from devs and the like.
    calm down. I was merely telling/hinting to people whom have already purchased iRealSMS to hold off a few days before they commit more money to another app. Thats not in bad taste at all. Im sure a lot of them are thanking me right now.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Anyone have any clue when the next update is coming out? I would like to purchase it but want to make sure it's stable first.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I want to purchase it, but I want to know the dev will really continue supporting it.
    Hey guys.. as mentioned in my post just above yours, there's a support forum and there's said to be an update coming within a week, last I read.

    QuickSMS Forum

    It's been mentioned that a landscape mode is in the works. I'm hoping it's in this update as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    calm down. I was merely telling/hinting to people whom have already purchased iRealSMS to hold off a few days before they commit more money to another app. Thats not in bad taste at all. Im sure a lot of them are thanking me right now.
    wow.
    Last edited by severe; 2009-03-05 at 10:13 PM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    wow.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Hey guys.. as mentioned in my post just above yours, there's a support forum and there's said to be an update coming within a week, last I read.

    QuickSMS Forum

    It's been mentioned that a landscape mode is in the works. I'm hoping it's in this update as well.
    Thanks for the link. I found the forum the other day but unfortunately the dev's communication skills are a bit lacking, at least from what I can tell. You kind of have to put pieces of his messages together to find out what they mean. I'm hoping for an update this week, but definitely not expecting one.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I found the forum the other day but unfortunately the dev's communication skills are a bit lacking, at least from what I can tell. You kind of have to put pieces of his messages together to find out what they mean. I'm hoping for an update this week, but definitely not expecting one.
    I hear ya. You've probably spent more time there than me. Can't remember where I read the update was coming "next week".

  14. #114
    As an iReal user who switched over to try QuickSMS when it was released, I have to say I'm still a fan of iReal -- particularly after the recent update. More options and NO CRASHES to safe mode. I don't have a lot of other stuff mucking up my phone, and the crashes were a real annoyance. The release of QuickSMS has been a great thing, though, as it is making the other developers improve their apps or be left behind.

  15. #115
    I personally feel that Irealsms in terms of responsiveness still loses to quicksms. I will be purchasing it once it gets its act together.

    On a side note, I heard the devs of quicksms mention that another beta will be released on Sunday...

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    I personally feel that Irealsms in terms of responsiveness still loses to quicksms. I will be purchasing it once it gets its act together.

    On a side note, I heard the devs of quicksms mention that another beta will be released on Sunday...
    I agree with you entirely. I am so happy they are finally updating.

    For any doubters, here is a link to the post by the QuickSMS dev:
    GooDiPhone.com • View topic - And The Wait Continues

    Also, the dev said it will be released in the repo isoft.ru/beta.
    Last edited by eleazar123; 2009-03-14 at 06:06 PM.

  17. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    yea not only does Ireal suck. But its a memory HOG.
    so is ireal lite.
    I dont know where u get the idea what quicksms is using too much memory.
    It uses 2-4mb TOPS..
    where as Irealsms uses 20-30mb as much as the Whole Spring board.

    Seriuosly Reznor stop pushing your crap in this thread, leave it in the Ireal one.
    You act like its YOUR APP when your just some beta tester fan boy for it.

    Ireal, not matter HOW many apps they try to put out will never come close to Quicksms, or even Bitesms for that matter.
    They just suck and are full of terrible pointless features.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    I'm sick of the crashing and having to re order all my icons. I'll wait till there is a more reliable release before I shell out any cash for this. I do say it's a great concept but needs a lot of work before it's ready for mass distribution.
    Me too, this is annoying as **** if you're using the 5-column springboard mod.

  19. #119
    LOL.. ok Carrbone. Whatever you say.

    2-4MB huh? And iReal uses 30-40?
    So explain to me why not one iReal user is experiencing safe mode crashing or instability of the springboard, while this thread is littered with just the opposite... numbers are just numbers you throw around... Im throwing around results.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-15 at 10:06 AM.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    yea not only does Ireal suck. But its a memory HOG.
    so is ireal lite.
    I dont know where u get the idea what quicksms is using too much memory.
    It uses 2-4mb TOPS..
    where as Irealsms uses 20-30mb as much as the Whole Spring board.

    Seriuosly Reznor stop pushing your crap in this thread, leave it in the Ireal one.
    You act like its YOUR APP when your just some beta tester fan boy for it.

    Ireal, not matter HOW many apps they try to put out will never come close to Quicksms, or even Bitesms for that matter.
    They just suck and are full of terrible pointless features.
    Erm. No.

    iReal's Quick Reply/Quick Send use only memory while you use it, as well as iReal itself. For the rest of the day (about 23 hrs, 45 minutes for most users ) it uses ZERO memory, as long as you don't use backgrounding, which you shouldn't.

    And if you like the absence of features, why don't you just stick with the Apple stock app?

    Btw. I've never had a single crash on my iPhone. That's a feature I love about iReal (among others).

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •