Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickSMS

I really want to like QuickSMS, but it crashes and goes to safe mode too much for me...

To the developer:

Here are the bugs I'm still seeing in the app (1.3.5-1) this afternoon:

1) Double-tap home hotkey not responding;
    2) SMS privacy not working fully (name of sender still showing on lockscreen)
    3) Custom SMS tones for contacts not working

Love the app, but these are annoying bugs. I guess I'll install iBlacklist for SMS privacy until this is fixed.
    Last edited by eballesq; 2009-02-26 at 02:41 PM.

Double-tap home works fine for me. I'm thinking it's conflicting with some other app for some people. Not sure about the privacy issue as I don't use it.

And, Mikebuzzsaw, are you using the latest version? This issue stopped for me after downloading the latest.

works great here...

check that... getting safe mode problems with this release too..
    Last edited by bbplayer5; 2009-02-26 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody else getting an unlock sound even if you have lock sounds disabled when using the "double tap home button to unlock"-feature ?

A question about the "smileys" above the QSMS keyboard: Are those emojis or standard emoticons? If these are emojis they are imho pretty useless, because most text recipients can't read them and get only "???".

Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    A question about the "smileys" above the QSMS keyboard: Are those emojis or standard emoticons? If these are emojis they are imho pretty useless, because most text recipients can't read them and get only "???".
    There are 2 sets of smiley's. The emoji's that all iPhone users can receive and then text smileys that ALL cell phone users can receive. Of course they can't use graphical smiley's that all phones can receive because the receiving phone has to support it. So, if you are sending to a non-iphone user, just use the text smiley's.

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    There are 2 sets of smiley's. The emoji's that all iPhone users can receive and then text smileys that ALL cell phone users can receive. Of course they can't use graphical smiley's that all phones can receive because the receiving phone has to support it. So, if you are sending to a non-iphone user, just use the text smiley's.

Sounds great, will give QuickSMS a try, when it's more stable!
    Any words on the Safemode problems?

Ever since their updates yesterday I haven't had a single safemode crash. Literally, not one single crash. Before the updates I was getting a crash once per hour.

The program is working perfectly for me except for the fact that delayed txt's still have major issues (ie. it won't send till I unlock the phone after the time has passed and the phone is hella slow until the message is done sending). So, I just avoid the delayed text feature for now I don't really have a use for it anyways.

And like other people said above, I have no affiliation with the developers, I just love this app, so I'm trying to help other people love it too.

Banned
    Thanks

When I installed from the repo mentioned early in the thread it did not crash on install and I've had no springboard crashes since.

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    Ever since their updates yesterday I haven't had a single safemode crash. Literally, not one single crash. Before the updates I was getting a crash once per hour.

The program is working perfectly for me except for the fact that delayed txt's still have major issues (ie. it won't send till I unlock the phone after the time has passed and the phone is hella slow until the message is done sending). So, I just avoid the delayed text feature for now I don't really have a use for it anyways.

And like other people said above, I have no affiliation with the developers, I just love this app, so I'm trying to help other people love it too.
    When was the last update? What version are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    When was the last update? What version are you on?
    The last update I saw was yesterday afternoon. I'm running 1.3.5-1 which I got from Bigboss' repo.

I'm hoping they will update again soon to squash some of the remaining bugs. I want to go ahead and purchase it, but I'm hoping they'll fix those first. :P

Thanks

I have had MANY issues with the springboard crashing. HATE it. So I saw that there is a 135-1 update from big boss, so I just went and did that twice. First time, went to check and it still said 135. Did it again, restarted springboard, and it still says 135 no -1 Don't know if this will do anything to fix the constant crashing, which I have rebooted, shut it off completely for a half hour, still get the crashing. I upgraded to version 2.2.1 and ONLY installed qSMS.. STILL getting the crashing.. kinda bummed, but I'm sticking with it. I love mySMS and I know this is gonna be great once either 1) the crashing stops or 2) I just get used to it.. LOL

Hopefully there will be another release soon for bug fixes..

mine works fine, no issues

Quote Originally Posted by noelleon View Post
    Anybody else getting an unlock sound even if you have lock sounds disabled when using the "double tap home button to unlock"-feature ?
    I do, I guess it does override the iphone settings and playes the unlock sound even if it is set to off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I have had MANY issues with the springboard crashing. HATE it. So I saw that there is a 135-1 update from big boss, so I just went and did that twice. First time, went to check and it still said 135. Did it again, restarted springboard, and it still says 135 no -1 Don't know if this will do anything to fix the constant crashing, which I have rebooted, shut it off completely for a half hour, still get the crashing. I upgraded to version 2.2.1 and ONLY installed qSMS.. STILL getting the crashing.. kinda bummed, but I'm sticking with it. I love mySMS and I know this is gonna be great once either 1) the crashing stops or 2) I just get used to it.. LOL

Hopefully there will be another release soon for bug fixes..
    LOL, I hope you have to to get used to the crashing
    I have no more crashes after the upgrade however my phone goes to safe mode when I reboot the phone. Don't know if it is related to quicksms. Will buy after my trial is over and hopefully all bugs will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2009-02-26 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

OOOH another thing... oh, i just uninstalled, reboot, etc... blah blah blah.. reinstalled.. still says build 135 no -1 BUT my question is really this.. where the hell is info on the conversation to assign a different "noise" for that contact? I know I'm not all THAT bright, but all I see is SMS and CLEAR in the convo... and can't figure it out... apologies for being retarded.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wish that when you opened the app that it went to the last conversation that you were in like the default sms app.
    Other than that.
    Very nice.

I don't think it'll say the "1" in the version number.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    OOOH another thing... oh, i just uninstalled, reboot, etc... blah blah blah.. reinstalled.. still says build 135 no -1 BUT my question is really this.. where the hell is info on the conversation to assign a different "noise" for that contact? I know I'm not all THAT bright, but all I see is SMS and CLEAR in the convo... and can't figure it out... apologies for being retarded.
    Go to the top of the conversation and hit information. It is at the bottom of the information screen.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MnVikingsFan26 For This Useful Post:

Nic (2009-02-27)

I think people are looking at different spots for their version. If you go into the app and check the version it will say 135.

If you check under managed packages in cydia it will say 1.3.5-1.

With the update i still get mega crashes and its annoying. I purchased it anyways cause the program is super sweet.

This started happening today,

All my internet based applications state that i have no internet connection. I can make calls normally and recieve text but i cannot connect to cydia, appstore or safari. When i uninstalled quicksms it came back and i installed it again and now its down again.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by D to the M; 2009-02-27 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast