Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickSMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes the beta version is way better! Uninstall version that you have on phone, then add isoftru.ru/beta in SOURCES inside Cydia. No more crashes of springboard.

There is an update in cydia, seems to have fixed the springboard crashing.
    Last edited by tyson1749; 2009-02-25 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tyson1749 For This Useful Post:

Nick Z (2009-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    This is from the developer of MySMS, which I do not at all trust after all of the incidents related to MySMS time bombs caused people to restore their phones...i'll stick with the default app for now until BiteSMS and iReal get their apps polished...
    Wasn't this only an issue when downloading the cracked version of MySMS?

Anyways, I'm LOVING this application. Downloaded it with no problems and have used it with a number of apps including Intelliscreen.

I love how quickly it pops up and goes away. As someone who texts quite a bit, its great knowing I don't have to spend too much time to write/respond to a text.

Only beef is the up volume button, I'd like an option to change that. But ya, this is completely replacing any other SMS app I have.

Anyone tried seeing if this is theme able yet? Not digging the stock green bubbles.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Only beef is the up volume button, I'd like an option to change that. But ya, this is completely replacing any other SMS app I have.

The newest version (on bigboss' repo) adds an option to use a double press of the home button instead of the volume up button.

They are quick to fixing these bugs and adding features. I'd say it is 100% more stable now than it was this morning when they released it. Still not perfect, but it has come a long way!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ew! This app is nasty! I hate how it opens the app when you press the volume buttons. This basically changes buttons that control volume to buttons that open and close the app. I still think the original quick reply and possibly a future quick compose is the best way to go.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Does anyone here know how to use the promised forward function? Or save to notes or send note? These are listed on cydia but I cant figure it out...

Never mind i am an idiot and figured it out, anyway this app is awesome. It crashe my springboard durring install and update but other than that no problems.
    Last edited by sweetlittlehugs; 2009-02-25 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have no affiliation with any developer of any kind, though wanted to mention that QuickSMS is blowin' doors on the other SMS apps in my opinion. If you haven't tried it, I suggest it.

I've used the big 3 others (including MySMS) and this thing is just fantastic. The fact that the updates have come so quickly is also a great sign. And now that landscape is on the way, it's nearing perfection.

The price is a bit steep, but improvements seems to be moving fast.

Congratulations to the devs. I have no horse in this race, but competition is becoming a great thing for the consumer here.

Love this app (thanks for adding privacy features)! Anyone else having difficulty with the home double-press to open it though? I get no response so I went back to the volume buttons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=severe;3442711]I have no affiliation with any developer of any kind, though wanted to mention that QuickSMS is blowin' doors on the other SMS apps in my opinion. If you haven't tried it, I suggest it.

I totally agree! This is the best sms so far, yes a bit expensive, but wow this thing is fast!! Still havent figured out what "passes" are? Any help would be awesome. Also, I read somewhere that you can send picture attachments? I dunno, pretty sure that is not possible, guess that's what SwirlyMMS is for.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    The newest version (on bigboss' repo) adds an option to use a double press of the home button instead of the volume up button.

They are quick to fixing these bugs and adding features. I'd say it is 100% more stable now than it was this morning when they released it. Still not perfect, but it has come a long way!
    I don't see it on Big Boss' repo on Cydia. apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I don't see it on Big Boss' repo on Cydia. apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/ ?
    What version of quicksms does cydia say you're running? The latest version I have been able to get is 1.3.5-1. I had initially installed the beta from http://isoft.ru/beta, then bigboss' repo notified me of an upgrade to 1.3.5-1. Maybe try adding the beta repo and then refresh everything.

Also, that is the correct bigboss repo (the same one that I'm using).

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    What version of quicksms does cydia say you're running? The latest version I have been able to get is 1.3.5-1. I had initially installed the beta from http://isoft.ru/beta, then bigboss' repo notified me of an upgrade to 1.3.5-1. Maybe try adding the beta repo and then refresh everything.

Also, that is the correct bigboss repo (the same one that I'm using).
    In "About", it sayd "Build version 135". I did add the isoft.ru/beta-that's where I got this version.

Edit: Found it. Doh.
    Last edited by Shinner23; 2009-02-25 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Being a dumbass

My volume button is busted. An option to change to double tab home would be nice.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
    My volume button is busted. An option to change to double tab home would be nice.
    Settings - Quick Board - Hot Keys - Double Tap on "Home"
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

Nintendo (2009-02-25)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I had it installed but it was really buggy, made my iPhone go into safe mode 4 time in half an hour and using the volums button to use it is stupid!!!
    Not sure if these issues have been fixed though. I had it installed from BigBoss's source and haven't seen an update for it yet.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Thanks a bunch

Default Double-Tap Home not working for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    I've got the latest version and tried to activate the double-home hotkey, but when I do that nothing happens. Is anyone aware of a conflict that would prevent this from working? Otherwise the app is working perfectly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I tried the home hotkey button and it didnt work for me either, i do have quickgold installed and it kept taking me to that. so i moved it back to volume. ive found that if you sort of double tap the volume up and down it still controls the volume pretty well. Still think this is the best sms app though.

One thing this needs for me to be compeltely in love with it is: Compatibility with Intelliscreen. Do new SMS appear on anyone's lockscreen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

with intelliscreen or without? Without they pop up no problem then just press reply and instantly it takes you into the app.

Quote Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post
    with intelliscreen or without? Without they pop up no problem then just press reply and instantly it takes you into the app.
    With.

I'd like to see them on the IS lockscreen and the status bar notification.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast