Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickSMS

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post

Would like to see:

Quick reply - although app is so quick don't know if it will be ...

The app itself is quick reply. When you get a text while in another app, say Safari, hit reply. QuickSMS opens, you reply, then if you hit the bottom volume rocker (button for lowering volume) or the home button, the app closes and returns to Safari (or any other app) just like u left it. Boom, quick reply.

What actually makes this better than ALL the other SMS apps with quick reply (or ALL SMS apps in general) is that I can actually open the app, send a message, then close the app without closing my previous app (Safari for example) at all. To do this, you simply hit the top volume rocker (top volume button) app opens. You now have access to the complete SMS app, conversations, settings, everything. You then send your text then hit the bottom volume rocker (bottom volume button) or home button. The app closes and you're back to your previous app.

In other words, I dont need to get an SMS to do a "quick reply" or to send a text in general without closing my current app - INCLUDING App Store apps. I can access QuickSMS whenever/wherever and then close it and return to whatever I was doing previously all with the volume buttons. Awesome!
    Last edited by skeredmobile; 2009-02-24 at 06:23 AM.

This is from the developer of MySMS, which I do not at all trust after all of the incidents related to MySMS time bombs caused people to restore their phones...i'll stick with the default app for now until BiteSMS and iReal get their apps polished...

This app is amazing and works exactly like Skered said it does. It even works with iBlacklist enabled which is a huggggeeee plus. Landscape? never used it. Quickreply? loved it but this is WAAYYY better. I'll be purchasing this app.

FYI it crashed to safe mode until i hard-rebooted. works wonderful

A+

this is a pretty cool app but still needs some work. For some reason mine crashes about every half hour to an hour to safe mode.

this app has a lot of potential but it falls short in my book right now. There are quite a few bugs that NEED to be ironed out. When I get a message and I hit the reply button for instance, it will take me to the QuickSMS app but it the reply area will be unresponsive and I will have to go back to the main menu then click the conversation. Inconvenient so far and a major annoyance.. And thats really the main reason that I will stick with iReal for the time being. Sure the app loads faster, but it slows me down when i get a text and I try to reply. Maybe Ill have to play with it a bit more to get the feel of it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It took me exactly 20 minutes to buy this app.
    The volume rocker functionality is insanely well done. I LOVE IT.

Question -- what are "passes" from MySMS this app references?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Passes?
    Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    I have the same question, what is "Passes?" Great app, like it better than iReal and MySMS. Although I can't always get the reply to work?

Default How to fix QuickSMS crash issue or initial launch
    Hi all,

I just want to share for those having issues with crashing. A new version (in BETA)is available from the developer's website (GooDiPhone New app from iSoft - QuickSMS!) to fix the app crashing issues.

1. Delete the version installed on your iPhone (version 1.3.2).
    2. Add this report in Cydia: [http://isoftru.ru/beta]
    3. Install new vesion of QuickSMS (version 1.3.3).

That should fix it. Hope that helps!

rperalta
    Last edited by rperalta; 2009-02-24 at 05:17 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rperalta For This Useful Post:

eleazar123 (2009-02-24)

I'm sick of the crashing and having to re order all my icons. I'll wait till there is a more reliable release before I shell out any cash for this. I do say it's a great concept but needs a lot of work before it's ready for mass distribution.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    I'm sick of the crashing and having to re order all my icons. I'll wait till there is a more reliable release before I shell out any cash for this. I do say it's a great concept but needs a lot of work before it's ready for mass distribution.
    ?

Why would you need to re order your icons after a crash? I've never had to re-order anything after a crash.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I uninstalled, since I dont text much this is not worth changing the volume key function for me. My sprinboard crashed again, a few hours after install. Not sure why, maybe the phone needed a reboot after the uninstall to clean itself up.

Seems like a good app but not worth the memory impact for someone that does not next much.

Default Anybody???
    Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Surely somebody (perhaps a former MySMS user) knows what this is all about...

I think it's to import the security certificates for encrypted messages from mysms (an app by the same author).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was wondering...has anybody noticed a SIGNIFICANT battery life deterioration since installing QuickSMS? I love the app but I think the fact that it is a MobileSustrate app might be causing us to pay a significant price in talk time? Please advise if anyone else is having this problem.

FYI...after a complete charge to 100%, battery went down to 20% after a 15 minute conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    ?

Why would you need to re order your icons after a crash? I've never had to re-order anything after a crash.
    Are you using 5 icon columns or 5 icon rows? Ever since I started using them when something makes my phone crash my icons go all over the place and I have to move them all back.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Are you using 5 icon columns or 5 icon rows? Ever since I started using them when something makes my phone crash my icons go all over the place and I have to move them all back.
    Nope. That gives me a pretty good reason not to now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Nope. That gives me a pretty good reason not to now too.
    Well, seeing that quickSMS is the only app that has caused my phone to crash in the longest time I would say that the problem lies with this and not the 5 row icons. I would say it only gives you reason not to try it if you absolutely have to have this buggy app.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

No crashes here. No rows app here either

Banned
    Thanks

anyone have issues with it not sending SMS when u have no service? instead of keeping the message as a draft it delete it and I have to retype but sometimes I will send later when it yes back in service but I never which is taking place.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast