Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileChat V2.23! Apollo IM is down and out!

Has anyone been able to get THEMES working on MobileChat ? I have downloaded both themes off of twenty08's repository and they dont seem to work.

@Busha: WiFi keep-alive does just what its name suggests--it keeps your wifi connections alive when your phone goes into sleep mode and is not plugged in to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Busha View Post
    What does this WiFi keep alive means ?? Does it drain batter even if you are logged off from MobileChat ? What does it do ?
    It doesn't log you off when the iphone goes to sleep mode so yeah, it's going to drain the battery, but if you log off it doesn't drain any battery, the wifi connection goes back to default(off after sleep) if you dont have imsomnia installed seperately ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by dalethefarmer View Post
    It doesn't log you off when the iphone goes to sleep mode so yeah, it's going to drain the battery, but if you log off it doesn't drain any battery, the wifi connection goes back to default(off after sleep) if you dont have imsomnia installed seperately ofcourse.
    although some say that it doesnt stop the wifi and keeps draining the battery
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    Just use Insomnia instead of the built-in one if you want to keep your net connection alive. At least you know Insomnia is only On when it should.

Man, mine still crashes to spring board after a period of chatting, Any one else experiencing this?

my firmware is 1.1.2

mAzor

Quote Originally Posted by dalethefarmer View Post
    It turned out it wasnt that. I also had installed swirlymms and it is alive all the time even if you dont actually want to use it. I've uninstalled it now.

Mobile RSS is a bit of a problem as it seems to completely ignore my setting to onluy check manually. Its gone too, now.

I always log off messengers, so in theory wifi should not have remained connected. I dont use Insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    It turned out it wasnt that. I also had installed swirlymms and it is alive all the time even if you dont actually want to use it. I've uninstalled it now.

Mobile RSS is a bit of a problem as it seems to completely ignore my setting to onluy check manually. Its gone too, now.

I always log off messengers, so in theory wifi should not have remained connected. I dont use Insomnia.
    how do u know if swirly mms is active?

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    how do u know if swirly mms is active?
    I didnt know for sure, it was a process of elimination. battery gets eaten in half a day when I have swirly (2.23) installed, and doesnt when I dont.

I hadnt seen anyone else complain about it til just a short time ago and have posted in that thread too.

[edit] i should say that if there are no settings defined, swily behaves perfectly well, but once i put my settings in for mmsc etc, it seemed to just keep looking to see if something was coming in

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyteflyer For This Useful Post:

GregTheWang (2008-05-16), stocis (2008-03-08)

thanks just uninstalled it and i'll try it out myself.. my problem is appearing when i'm back home (Cyprus) instead of UK.. so i guess we'll see.. again much thanks

OK good luck with it. I'm hoping for a fix because I want it. In the meantime, I've reinstalled MobileChat and all is well, no battery eating going on.

Well it still crashes and, it needs:
    -Display pictures maybe
    -More statuses
    -Saving chat history

That would own any other IM.

yes something in common is that RSS feeds latest version, also crashes!! Also Apollo IM, although it is a bit older.

Strange eh, mabe something common to affecting these applications to crash

Mazor

The app crash for me. Install but no icon on springboard. Run from mobilefinder and crash. Check the permission, still 0755. I'm on 1.1.2.

Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    Just use Insomnia instead of the built-in one if you want to keep your net connection alive. At least you know Insomnia is only On when it should.
    Digg
    This drained my battery even though i did log off. After uninstalling this version and reinstalling the previous version, battery life back to normal. I am not running Swirly MMS or anything else similar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

Bugs ive found :

-in the connecting images, if you put the phone in landscape mode, with the home button on the right, the images of "retrieving buddy list" and "handshaking" and all those, don't load up well
    -Well, the app suddenly crashes and disconnects
    -The landscape mode keyboard doesn't work very good in the space bar

Other than this, its a pretty nice app

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    This drained my battery even though i did log off. After uninstalling this version and reinstalling the previous version, battery life back to normal. I am not running Swirly MMS or anything else similar.
    Sighh.. I have taken this option also. I retried with 2.23 and the battery was almost visibly dropping after I used it... even without chatting with someone, just firing it up and connecting and seeing who was online, then logging out. The battery drain continued.

I am really puzzled because now I am not sure about Swirly... I may have misjudged that, too.

Installed Mobilechat and logged in, contact list comes up without a problem.

Everytime I try to send a message I get "Message could not be sent because a connection error occurred:"

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Just installed this. The themes work perfectly and the NEW IM button FINALLY works. HAWT! So far no issues to report, everything works as it should.

Man I love 1.1.4 firmware. I have never had everything work this good since 1.0.2 which was perfect. O COurse all my permissions were modified and set and the simlinks set up properly from the start, but seriously... I see all these issues and I don't have any of them.

Great app, and just that one feature "new IM" puts it in front of apollo for me. The themes seem nice too.

I've reinstalled and am hoping that the battery issue will go away. I found the old version seriously lacking after this one, so I'm prepared to tolerate my issues. I'm thinking now (after using it this morning) that my battery drain issue was a number of things combined, MC2.23 being just one.

MobileChat ownes ApolloIM
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast