Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileChat V2.23! Apollo IM is down and out!

hmm for some reason it wont connect when not on wireless, the little spinning thing never appears as if the gprs has been activated. Does it not work over gprs, do you need to be connected to EDGE?

how do i fix it so it dosnt crash?

Also note: Dont enable wifi keep alive if you are using edge... Turn it off and use insomnia. Ive found they cancel each other out and you go link dead.

Edge works fine in 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy683 View Post
    how do i fix it so it dosnt crash?

hmm, the only way is for a new released version with more bug fixing. For the time being, I have to keep using web mased MunduIM or MeeboIM. Web based ones although good, pols the internet more, hence more GPRS charge, slower operation so slow communication and also has no sound!!

Love your application, please fix the crash syndrome posted a ticket thing to ur web site

MAzor

its says retrieving buddy list and doesnt retrieve the buddy list... lol it jus gets stuck on it... then it goes back to all my accounts

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

its alotta features that apollo n mobile chat are lacking..... I have a Blackberry and i use jive talk out of all the mobile Ims im used thats by far the best.... They said their gonna make a native app for the iphone as soon as apple releases the sdk.... I hope that its gotta small foot print like on the BB so it dont kill the battery on the iphone that fast
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

I noticed also that it takes me a maximum of 10 seconds to fully log on and see my contact list with this newer version whereas before (version 2.21), it would take FOREVER to log on. i would say it would take about a minimum of one minute to log on using the old version. I definitely like this one much better !

Quick question though : How do the themes part work ? I downloaded the themes from twenty08's repository and they dont show up under the "Themes" section of the app. Am I doing something wrong ?

is there a way to change the away message, and what does the away message even say lol

Has anyone else noticed that the keyboard doesn't seem to be very responsive?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Yep, in landscape keyboard is not good, bottom row especially...

All of this will be fixed, be patient... The app has some SERIOUS potential, and is very good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Busha View Post
    Yep, in landscape keyboard is not good, bottom row especially...
    I noticed the same thing, I got a little used to it but it's a pain trying to type fast... I can type fast on mundu but not on MC landscape...

But nonetheless I thought the IM programs were dead (like Stacks...) so I'm glad to see some improvements.

Where do I download this? I only see 2.0.0b on installer.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABT4 View Post
    what he said
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by ABT4 View Post
    add http://twenty08.com/installer in your sources
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

ToxicFTW (2008-03-09)

I wondered if anyone else experienced battery drain? I am not sure if it was mobilechat or mobile rss which did the deed.

i say mobile RSS

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    I wondered if anyone else experienced battery drain? I am not sure if it was mobilechat or mobile rss which did the deed.
    You will see battery drainage if you use the WiFi Keepalive.

Quote Originally Posted by dalethefarmer View Post
    I noticed the same thing, I got a little used to it but it's a pain trying to type fast... I can type fast on mundu but not on MC landscape...

But nonetheless I thought the IM programs were dead (like Stacks...) so I'm glad to see some improvements.
    I am quite happy using the portrait keyboard, and find mobile chat going into landscape when orientation changes annoying at times,esp if I am messaging while lying down. Mabe an option to turn the landscape feature off may be helpful?

Mundu is good, as it does not crash. But I find Mundu in combination with Wifi eats the iphone battery alot faster than Mobilechat dedicated iphone application

MAzor

What does this WiFi keep alive means ?? Does it drain batter even if you are logged off from MobileChat ? What does it do ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast