Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 0.2 Release - Lock Calendar - Display Calendar Events on Your Lock Screen!

All,

I just sent BigBoss the Lock Calendar 0.3 release. It's pretty much the same as 0.3b, except I added Spanish localization to the settings app.

I would be more than happy if any of you can help me with the localizing the strings. Let me know, and I can send you a list of the strings.

Thanks!

Thomas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to volatile-dev For This Useful Post:

Pistol1 (2009-02-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thumbs up Au Naturale...
    While others are asking for the bars back, I'm really happy without them...

To each their own I suppose. Hoping the new update allows us to control the lines between the dates appearing or not.

As always, great stuff Thomas!

Is there any chance that we can have a fully transparent background? I would like to design my lock screen background so it is appropriate for the calendar, i.e. it will be pretty dark, but I don't want it further darkened by the calendar background. This is particularly true for days in which I have no events. There is no reason the screen is dimmed under those circumstances anyway.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Hi is there any chance to implement font size change in settings?

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Is there any chance that we can have a fully transparent background? I would like to design my lock screen background so it is appropriate for the calendar, i.e. it will be pretty dark, but I don't want it further darkened by the calendar background. This is particularly true for days in which I have no events. There is no reason the screen is dimmed under those circumstances anyway.

?in 0.3b, I have an almosy fully transparent background by shifting the entry cell transparency fully to the left in Settings app!!

BiteSMS used to open after 3-4 seconds before installing 0.3b, now it needs 5-6 seconds!
    The worst part is when you get an SMS : to open BiteSMS, now it needs at least between 16-18 seconds!!!!!!
    Some others have reported issues and lag time interaction between the SMS app and Lock Calendar 0.3b!
    Could Volatil-dev look up a solution for that issue?
    Actually, it is kind of annoying, but that does not remove a cent of that brilliant and wonderful app!

THANKS A MILLION TO VOLATIL-DEV!!!!!!!!!!

hello
    I'm on version 2.2.1 for my iphone (jailbroken). When i downloaded lock calender 0.1, it worked fine. However, after upgrading to version 0.2, i can't view my calender on my lockscreen. I have the same problem with version 0.3....help!!

How to say a bigger thanks than all I read... I just can't ! I wasn't use to open my calendar everyday and did ever missed some events... everything's alright now !

But the day blue color doesn't match with my wallpaper... How can I edit it ?

Something else that annoy me... Events of wich hour is passed aren't displayed. That's ok for olds events stayed in calendar, but those of the day in progress are sometimes still importants (they could appear in grey once passed). And I didn't realize yet, but the One day Max Interval option look for 24 hours long, and not for the current day only.
    To resolve those two issues, an option to display all the events of the day in progress (only this day, and even if the time is over) should be just perfect ! And it will hide the the blue day name and date...

Another thing : how guys did you do to change the calendar font ?

Owh ! A last thing... Sorry for my English, but your soft crossed Atlantic as far as France

Anyway, thank you so much for this app ! Great days behind...

Edit : my little contribution : the French preferences localisation !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Didjo; 2009-02-12 at 04:46 PM.

volatile-dev,
    Thanks for making this happen! I know you want to keep this app light but just a few of suggestions hopefully you will find worth adding:

1. Separate font color options for Header, Entry, and Location (maybe a color picker table?).
    2. Separate font size and style (regular, bold, italic, etc.) options for Header, Entry and Location.
    3. Different layout options to choose from.

Thanks again for such a wonderful app!
    Last edited by hamsup1o; 2009-02-12 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks for an awesome app!

I 2nd the request for customizable font colors, I don't really like the blue for the current day.

Thanks Thomas. The most important app on my iPhone just got better. Variable transparency settings are very cool. As others have commented, I also do not like the blue for today. I have another suggestion that you may or may not like. Here it goes:

I would suggest lateral expansion. Ideally, this would entail a three-column mechanism and the user can swipe across the screen to access them:

1. the first (leftmost) column is either blank or just shows a monthly calendar (settable in Settings prefs). No vertical scrolling here.

2. the middle column would be just like it is now, showing whatever the user sets in prefs (either just today, or a couple of days)

3. the third column would show whatever is remaining in the future. If the middle column already has no limit on events, the third column would not be available
    Come visit AlohaSoft

cant thank you enough! what a geat app! now with google sync this has just become a great utility. Is there anyway we could color coordinate more than one calendar? I know in google sync you cannow sync several different calendars.

thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default German Localization
    Thanks for your excellent work, v0.3 obviously solved the premature dimming issue.
    My favorite Feature-request is the option for keeping all past events of the current date visible.
    Even more important though would be an option to initially hide Lock Calendar for enhanced privacy.

I made a German localization, which I will send directly to your address shown in Cydia, if that's ok?

As for the enhanced design-options: there is certainly no arguing about taste!
    So to make everybody happy you would probably have to include separate color- and transparency-settings for both text and background of Event, Date, Current Event and Current Date. Maybe even add Font-size and -type settings - and for the power-users freely editable css-attributes. If you don't feel like making a UI for all that in the Pref-Bundle and still want to satisfy the individualists, you might just include these options in the pref-plist or a separate css-file to make Lock Calendar skinnable via Winterboard.

Finally to mention that for once: Preference Loader is both terriffic and essential. I hope it will be adopted by developers as widely as MobileSubstrate itself.

If this app looked more like Kates calendar and event list i would get it, right now it just looks boring. i prefered the touch to switch to calendar and back to events and

(Mon 8:00) Event

and it even moved the battery when charging and text messages to below the dates.

Make it looks like that and ill donate.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@D to the M. This looks awsome just the way it is. If you don't like it, you are free to use something else.

It's not nice to come in at this stage of development with these types of comments. Either enjoy it or move on. This developer is doing excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    If this app looked more like Kates calendar and event list i would get it, right now it just looks boring.
    So simple. Just use Kate then. This app is just perfect and the dev has made the best lockscreen app there is (including Kate/IntelliScreen).
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Again, my only suggestion is to add color options, the blue totally doesn't fit in with my theme.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    If this app looked more like Kates calendar and event list i would get it, right now it just looks boring. i prefered the touch to switch to calendar and back to events and

(Mon 8:00) Event

and it even moved the battery when charging and text messages to below the dates.

Make it looks like that and ill donate.
    @Do to the M : Just avoid those non sens and irrespectful posts, and I'll donate to you!!!

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or you are trying to induce others in error because involved in the Kate team!!!!!!

I have a feature request. Is it possible for when there are no calendar entries to automatically make the calendar become transparent so as to be able to see the wallpaper?

Other then that, I think this application is wonderful!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Love the new update thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    @Do to the M : Just avoid those non sens and irrespectful posts, and I'll donate to you!!!

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or you are trying to induce others in error because involved in the Kate team!!!!!!
    I didnt mean for it to be irrespectful. I see how some may have felt that. However, i was just stating my opinion. I dont use Kate anymoer because it slowed my phone, that was the only problem i ever had with it _ever_. The calender lockscreen was great and until bitesms the text privacy was also great.

Those both can be replaced now so i dont need Kate. I do need a calendar lockscreen but just looking for a more clean look, thats all.

Props to all devs cause i dont have any idea how to do this.... so props for putting your time into all these.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast