Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chuzzle game ported to iPhone

Default Chuzzle game ported to iPhone
    Hey guys, I found one of my favorite games Chuzzle on a Chinese repository. It's not the iZoo replacement theme, it's the actual Chuzzle game! It works great on my 1.1.4 (Ziphone) phone, but after the initial "installation" I had to change the permissions on all the files to 755 via SSH.

Just add this source to your installer:

http://iphonecake.com/src/all

Your iPhone should display several [iphone cake] categories, and it's posted in the second one.

Here's where I found it:

http://iphonecake.com/soft/chuzzle-毛毛

Hope you guys enjoy!!

PS. This is NOT my work; I just found it. If you guys want to give some thanks then send it to someone named Hemmy...I think. Also, I searched Chuzzle and came up with nothing so if this is a duplicate thread then please go ahead and delete it (I apologize as well).
    Last edited by Machinegun; 2008-03-04 at 11:27 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Machinegun For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2008-03-10), grado33 (2008-03-04), kyteflyer (2008-03-05), shadow_cruiser (2008-03-05), stewie2280 (2008-03-04)

awesome thx, more games is always better

Great game.

Thanks.

yes, the author is Hemmy. He might have some new cool staff coming soon...

Actually, Chuzzle should have more features, hemmy just wanna see the sdk first.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iphonecake For This Useful Post:

Jesposo (2008-04-03), kyteflyer (2008-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by iphonecake View Post
    yes, the author is Hemmy. He might have some new cool staff coming soon...

Actually, Chuzzle should have more features, hemmy just wanna see the sdk first.
    I hope so! This game is extremely polished, but I kind of miss the background music

wont work for me on 1.1.4. Shows up in installer, downloads, installs, goes back to the home screen and its not there. when i go to the uninstall on installer, it shows up. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by nate94gt View Post
    wont work for me on 1.1.4. Shows up in installer, downloads, installs, goes back to the home screen and its not there. when i go to the uninstall on installer, it shows up. Weird.
    You didn't read my entire post. Read the ENTIRE post or just the first paragraph for that matter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegun
    Hey guys, I found one of my favorite games Chuzzle on a Chinese repository. It's not the iZoo replacement theme, it's the actual Chuzzle game! It works great on my 1.1.4 (Ziphone) phone, but after the initial "installation" I had to change the permissions on all the files to 755 via SSH.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never seen an iPhone game so polished before. This can actually be passed off as a commercial game. Thanks original poster for letting us know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegun View Post
    It works great on my 1.1.4 (Ziphone) phone, but after the initial "installation" I had to change the permissions on all the files to 755 via SSH.
    Works great on my 1.1.3 (ziphone2.4) phone too but likewise, permissions needed changing. Love it!! Thanks for the headsup

Thanks

This is an amazing app, I'm already addicted to the game and it's so well made. The only ever problem I've had is that it crashed once when I got really far, but apart from that, amazing!

excellent game! my only gripe is that the high scores don't seem to save (1.1.4).
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I have installed Chuzzle from two different sources. After downloading, it always crashes while initializing installation. I ssh into my phone and chmod 777 to /Applications/Chuzzle.app recursively. I restart my phone. The Chuzzle icon now appears.

Once I click, the program crashes after the 'Chuzzle loading' screen. I am on 1.1.4. Does anyone know what could be wrong? When I check installer it appears as if I never installed it in the first place. But I can see the folder and all the files thru ssh.

That happened to me when I first installed it (minus the Installer acting like it was never installed bit), but I changed almost all of my permissions to 755. Here's the exact list and permissions octets.

chuzzle.app (main folder): 755
    chuzzle: 755
    Thumbs.db: 755
    Image (folder): 755 / everything in this folder was set to 755
    Sound (folder): 755 / everything in this folder was set to 755
    Default.png: 755
    icon.png: 644
    info.plist: 755

I hope this helps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Machinegun For This Useful Post:

johnnyn5 (2008-04-08)

Thanks Machinegun,

After spending what seemed like forever installing, reinstalling, reading, changing permissions etc. I was just out of space. I used boss tool to move my fonts and then everything worked as normal.

Hi, i tried installing it through installer, but i always get a "mainscript execution error" and fails
    so i tried downloading it manually (the zip), i installed it set all the permissions right , but wont work at all, it opens up, blank screen and goes back to homepage.

im on 1.1.4 (ziphone)

Have you tried moving your apps folder over to another directory then create a symlink? Usually a main execution error means that you don't have enough space left. Just uninstall some apps and then download bosstools. Use Bosstools to move your apps over to another directory, and then reinstall the apps that you need.
    Last edited by Machinegun; 2008-04-21 at 06:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    WoW That nice. I love this game.
    ps. A little slow sometime but so fun!

actually i just moved the app my self to the media partition, and did a symlink. works great
    i just love it the game is reaaaaly well done

is it just me or the game is sorta endless (and doesn't save the highscore) ?

any chance on this being ported to 2.1? it was a great game!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast