Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDialer v3.0 beta release

I see you can filter out FAX-numbers. What would really take this app to the next level is the ability to filter out work- and home-numbers, too, so you can search mobile numbers only Most people only call mobile numbers anyway, and on those rare occasions when they need those other numbers, they can spare a few extra seconds to open the regular phone app or turn off the filter. Good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 4azeef View Post
    this app works great on my 112 iphone. except i notice one problem. wen in Enter# mode wen u enter 11 digits it crashes to the springbord. like 1 800 222 3456. does anyone having same issue?
    Nice catch. I'll fix it when I upgrade to 1.1.4 and test that - some people are having issues with the numeric keypad not displaying.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanRaide View Post
    I typed the number you have above, and it searched fine (didn't find anything), then I hit call it didn't call either?
    In Search mode it won't call if the number doesn't match - should it go ahead and call the entered number then?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanRaide View Post
    As a side question, does anyone have the following... when you bring up iDialer in ENTER mode it shows some number that is invalid (434)555-1212
    LOL - that was the original point of ENTER # mode.

Type in your work (or home) phone number and press + (Contacts). Now, it shows that # by default. Now dial all your other local numbers by entering the last 4 digits, or last 5 digits.

Better still, type in your favorite local number. Now dial that in Enter # mode by pressing CALL. Dial any other numbers by entering the differences from the right. Never dial your local area code again!
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-12 at 12:07 AM. Reason: fix typo
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

In Search mode it won't call if the number doesn't match - should it go ahead and call the entered number then?
    See my plan/hope is to always have it in search mode, so that as I type a number it finds it (lowering the keystrokes needed) or if it does not find it cause its a new number, then I can then dial it.

I didn't know that was a feature , its cool, but I think I would use the Search mode more, so if the above could be added that would be great.

Default doesn't honor pauses in contacts number
    Hey man this is a super great intelligento app!
    One 'feature' I've noticed - I have some contacts with 'pause's or commas in their phone number - when the search finds this number and I go to dial it dials without honoring the pause.
    I use the pause for dialing phonecards - eg. dial phone card, pause, enter pin, pause then number.

(A bigger iphone problem that I have: the only way I can get this 'prefix' to work before I dial a number is to add a new number to every contact that I want to call with the phonecard - talk about painful. Eg. a contact might have as a number: 1800123123,,1,,pinnumber,,01112341234 where 0112341234 is the persons number.
    Anyhow I know that's probably a bit out of scope for idialer but jic I notice that there is a bid going for writing an app such as this on one of the freelance coding auction sites - ie. someone wants to pay for this).

thanks again for the great app!
    DAVO

hehe, just noticed that when you install this from installer, the permissions for the app is set to 666
    Should we be worried? (other than correcting it?....hehe)

I'll talk to pf - we thought (hoped?) this issue was resolved. Can you tell me how you jailbroke your phone? Version of Installer?
    Pocket-sized Development

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post

Type in your work (or home) phone number and press + (Contacts). Now, it shows that # by default. Now dial all your other local numbers by entering the last 4 digits, or last 5 digits.
    Hi. First off, great app!

Minor issue I found... IN the ENTER # mode, if I enter anything more than a 10 digit number, the app crashes. I am from the Philippines, and MSISDN format is +63 (9XX) XXXXXXX. where 63 is the country code and 9XX is the mobile operator code. Dialing an international number that would result in more than 10 digits, ie Singapore (+65XXXXXXXX) would have the same result.

Very minor issue as there is a workaround for this anyway (which is to use the standard phone app dialer). I am 1.1.4 jailbroken via Ziphone.

In any case, iDialer has become by default phone app.

Thanks for putting in the work to make this excellent app.

Default Number and Post-DTMF-Codes
    Hi,

I tried to dial following Number, followed by DTMF Codes:

+ 41 44 nnn nn nn,,*nnnnnnn#nnnnnnnn#nnnnnnnnnnnn#

When I tap the green Button, nothing happens....

Any Idea?

Thanks Peter

I assume this is a number that is in your AddressBook and you are trying to dial it as a match?

I am dialing using the tel:// URL format, which doesn't appear to support the comma or * and # characters when I do a quick test. I'll see if I can find a better way to dial a #.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-16 at 11:13 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Pocket-sized Development

Hi NetMage,

Yes, this Number is stored as a contact, and I get it by typing 3 Numbers in iDialer and the +(Contacts).

Sometime, nothing happens, when I tap the green Button. But sometimes the phone tries tpo call, but I get an error 'Anruf fehlgeschlagen' (Call failed)

Bye
    Peter

The idialer is wonderful. However, if a "Edit before call" can be added will be useful for many iPhone users to facilitate IDD call dialing.

Hi NetMage,

Did you find in the meantime a solution for calling Numbers, followed by DTMF Codes?

+ 41 44 nnn nn nn,,*nnnnnnn#nnnnnnnn#nnnnnnnnnnnn#

When I tap the green Button, nothing happens....

King regards

Unhappy iDialer no more
    I used iDialer when I had 1.1.4 firmware and recently upgraded to 2.2 and I lost the app in the upgrade. I can't find it in any of the packages now. So do you have iDialer app for 2.2 at all. If yes please let me know how I can get it. I cannot find it in modmyi apps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12