Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ReleaseD!] ConverterPro NEW! w a GUI, | uTuBe 2 Mp4! | Video 2 mp4 n | Audio 2 Mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Are you gay?
    No, but I know good hygiene when I see it.

Thanks

Are you gay?
    Thats what i'm thinking.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    No, but I know good hygiene when I see it.
    Were here to talk about iphone apps, this isnt modmycuticles
    iLive an iLife

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

iamse7en (2008-03-04)

Help Here plz

i uninstall all the files i have installed (lol)
    but the phpPod Icons is still there what can i do?
    i reinstalled and re uninstalled and is still there

ty

Were here to talk about iphone apps, this isnt modmycuticles
    That's hilarious. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    when i go to look for the movies just says 0 movies, anyone have a fix for this
    try hitting refresh, at the top right of iphpPod

Haven't tried downloading anything from youtube yet, but the conversions from wmv to mp4 have been working great!

If you are wondering how to download more content, install the "File Download Plugin" which is hosted on the CopyCoders repository. That way you can toggle the plugin on/off with NetServices. Then for more file types replace the plugin in /System/Library/Internet Plugins/ with the attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by itsajeepthing03; 2008-03-04 at 06:09 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So if we download and convert a movie to watch with iphp is that movie somewhere in our iphone that we can access with SSH and watch on our computer? Also, could you download songs that are on imeem and stuff? thanks.
    iLive an iLife

yea i hit refresh, still read zero files, and converter pro even came out with an update today and i downloaded it and still the same problem not sure whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    yea i hit refresh, still read zero files, and converter pro even came out with an update today and i downloaded it and still the same problem not sure whats wrong
    The only other thing I can think of is make sure iphpPod is looking in the right directory, install mobile-finder and make sure your files are actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by itsajeepthing03 View Post
    The only other thing I can think of is make sure iphpPod is looking in the right directory, install mobile-finder and make sure your files are actually there.
    well its set to download to private/var/mobile/media/downloads, and i see a mp4_thumbs folder and a file named newdonotdelete and the mp4thumbs folder is empty, but when i convert youtube everything works file it goes through all the steps and it says its all done i dont get any errors, so i dont understand whats going on.. also i have ffmpeg installed, and when i go to iphppod and go to the about scree, it says ffmpeg must be installed in private/var/root, and when i ssh into my phone that ffmpeg file is not visibile there, can u very u have this fie installed in that folder

I gave up trying to make this work, theres a great new app out that works perfectly, its on installer through big boss source, its called mxtube, it works perfectly it has the iphone youtube interface, and you just click search click which video you want to download and it has the options for wifi or edge, and click download and it throws it into the download folder, looks the same as the download folder on the itunes store when you buy music, so anyone having youtube problems, youll definetly wanna check out mxtube
    Last edited by kpace1; 2008-03-05 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I too am having problems with converter pro.

I hav tried to convert youtube videos, and it sucessfully does so a bit too quick!!, then converts and deletes an FLV file. I cannot find the output video anywhere!!

I have even tried converting small WMV clips, and still no luck. Put the WMV file in the appropriate directory, and made sure I refreshed so that I could see in, then pushed the convert button, and put in non spaced output file, but that too just returns back to the input output file screen!

iPHPpod though works well, whne I manually put in known working MP4 files into the correct directory.

Any help is welcome.

MAzor

check out my post on teh previous page, i had problems also with youtube conversions, theres a new program called mxtube, theres a few small glitches but its a great application

thx kpace1, tries it,and it works alot better ,but... it down not always download the whole video, and secondly, when you delete video manually using external file manager, the shortcuts remain on the desktop! ie alittle buggy at the moment, but at least it works

MAzor

Version 1.6 Brings a new startup screen (scroll to screenshots to view
    • Finally found anotherr the error in youtube video transfers after conversion process this one is due to ffmpeg saving files as .parts
    • Implimented a startup launcher for ui purposes..
    • Bug fixes on cov bin file.

yea i had that problem also mazor, if it doesnt download a video or you get an error that the video doesnt play just click edit and delete the movie and downlaod it again, sometimes you have to try a few times to get it to work, its the first version, and from what ive read its actually a 16 year old that made this app which is surprising, its a great base for an application and once the bugs are fixed and features updated i think itll be great, just gotta deal with the little bugs for now

haha silly me, I did not see the edit button!!

now it is easier to delete downloads that have indeed failed.

BTW got the latest converter pro 1.6. And guess what it converted my youtube video that was like 10 minutes long!!!! not a hitch. I am impressed, problem is, it does not copy the MP4 file it creates into the correct directory for iphppod to view. That is prob alot of the problems people are facing at the moment.

It copeis it into /private/var/ConverterPro

and the player reads /private/var/mobile/Media/Downloads

weirdly, though manually copying the MP4 file to the correct directory, the MP4 still will not play. But upon copying to my PC, it plays fine in movie player, just not in xine player.

Mazor

Feature Request:

Add support for MobileFinder, so that instead of typing in the directory manually (for the file you intend to convert) you can select it in the Finder app [just like TextEdit]. This would also solve the 1 file limit in the specified directory. The app is working great for me though! It has a lot more functionality then mxtube (as there are plenty of places to download stuff other then youtube). Keep up the updates! Thanks.

Version 2.0 BRINGS A crap loud of new features

• Users are now able to set the bit rate of a song they are converting
    • Users can now set a resolution of video conversion in every format.
    • NEW NEW NEW! Convert video from 4 new websites, Blip.tv, Break.com, Dailymotion, and iFilm along with Youtube
    • Tweaked bin cov file enhances video performance audio performance and impliments all the new features
    • Updated bin cov file to support the new feautres (took awhile).
    • Since version 1.71 youtube conversions and transfers by all 16 beta testers proven flawless. The new websites run on the same conversion engine implimented from the bin cov file.
    • Built in 'Loading...' into the start up screen. Start up screen usually hangs just refresh.
    • All bugs worked out in video conversions and music conversion and youtube convert and transfer so this means time to work on images and torrent.
    • Note! if things don't work like conversions and transfers then it's at fault of the end user 16 beta testers on all firmwares prove for this software to be bugless as 2.0 is now released out the door..
    Was up till 3 in the morn doing this i'm going to get some sleep now take care.

wow, I have never seen so many versions of software come out in a few days like this!!

Well done. the evolution of the program has been fantastic! With 2.0, now conversion fo WMV works for me, which previously did not work!!

Funny though I have tested two youtube files, both made 0Kb FLV files, and then tried to convert those real quick, which basically means, it failed to stream the download. I have tested these youtube sites on myPC, and they work fine there.

Great work on the video converter though. it can be a bit slow, but guess the old 400Mhz cpu is not that strong for FFmpeg.

A hint for everyone using this software. If you want to see whether your video is converting, since after the message dissapears, it works in the background. Load up your favorite terminal program and type the command "top". In the process there should be "ffmpeg" working happily at around 70% CPU. That means youe video is being converted in the background

Mazor

Don’t know why but last night my iphone randomly rebooted and went to safe mode and looks like I have to jailbreak it all over again. Here is what I was doing:

I was converting a youtube file to mp4 and after it created the *.flv file and converted it to *.mp4 (I was watching the file size from putty at /private/var/ConverterPro). Once the file was converted I noticed the mp4 file had a ? along with the extension.

Anyways the file could not be detected by iphpPod, so I moved the mp4? file to /private/var/mobile/Media/Downloads
    After a couple of secs my iphone reboots and goes in to safe mode…

Although I know I can jailbreak it back and get everything back does anyone know why this happened?

Thx for the feedback.

i was using the 1.7 version of the software
    Last edited by vib5252; 2008-03-07 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast